Glasgow Sharks anyone...

spireblue

A thought just struck me there when reading about Mr.Kennedy being at Ibrox and Auchenhowie today.

Would part of his plan be to move Sale Sharks up to Glasgow ?

Think it might not be beyond the realms of possibilty,did Newcatle Rugby club not start as a club based in London.

I honestly think the rugby team if based at Ibrox would get far bigger crowds than they get playing at Stockports ground,possibly over ten thousand per game,and with their continued success this could and probably would increase,and bring in a major revenue stream to the club. Thoughts anyone?

A thought just struck me there when reading about Mr.Kennedy being at Ibrox and Auchenhowie today.

Think it might not be beyond the realms of possibilty,did Newcatle Rugby club not start as a club based in London.

I honestly think the rugby team if based at Ibrox would get far bigger crowds than they get playing at Stockports ground,possibly over ten thousand per game,and with their continued success this could and probably would increase,and bring in a major revenue stream to the club. Thoughts anyone?

Quite simply......no. He already has plans in place to move them to Manchester.

Bullshit is my first thought. Newcastle were not a London side who decamped to Newcastle, Sir John Hall bought Newcastle Gosforth rugby club and renamed them Newcastle. As if he is going to move Sale up here doh They get good crowds there and their fans are hardly likely to commute up here to watch their team, plus look at Glasgow rugby's attendances and they are not good.

It wouldn't surprise me if in the future a Rangers related Rugby club was established. Possibility for other sports like Basketball too. Particularly in the context of youth development for sports in general. Rugby is in dire straits in Scotland but is a growing sport with more and more money involved.

But first thing first, Rangers FC needs sorting out before we move into any other sports. Can't see moving Sale sharks up here and you couldn't play at Ibrox unless they had two moveable pitches and that would require significant redevelopment at the stadium.

It wouldn't surprise me if in the future a Rangers related Rugby club was established. Possibility for other sports like Basketball too. Particularly in the context of youth development for sports in general. Rugby is in dire straits in Scotland but is a growing sport with more and more money involved.

But first thing first, Rangers FC needs sorting out before we move into any other sports. Can't see moving Sale sharks up here and you couldn't play at Ibrox unless they had two moveable pitches and that would require significant redevelopment at the stadium.

Rangers have already been British Basketball champions.

Rangers have already been British Basketball champions.

Nice. I know there will be those that feel Rangers should be a football club and a football club only but I think there is a role to create other sports teams to serve a community. Especially in youth development considering the problems Glasgow and Scotland has with health statistics.

Nice. I know there will be those that feel Rangers should be a football club and a football club only but I think there is a role to create other sports teams to serve a community. Especially in youth development considering the problems Glasgow and Scotland has with health statistics.

Rangers have a good history of involvement with other sports, with the likes of the Ibrox Sports Days, and with players involvement in other sports right from day one.

It would be a great way for Rangers to reach out to more youngsters to have a wider range associated with the club.