the blue knights are our only chance of avoiding liquidation

gunslinger

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm let me think now, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm hard one that . Such a searching question!! I want the administrators to cary out there job and come up with the best solution that suits the creditors re cva.

And see the cash paid on to clear the creditors as to the pence in £. Not wait for someone to get share issue up and running.

And you notice I have no need to ask the same of you. mini mini mini me for me, sings gs.

even if that's liquidation?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact is, you all don't know what kind of funds TBK have.

True, they're not going to be as rich as Club9 or whatever, but who's to say Club9 are going to put £100,000,000 into Rangers?

The way it seems is they'll give us what we need to get by and ravage us for everything that comes in in return.

Everyone should now get behind TBK, united we stand. Liquidation is NOT an option for Rangers Football Club.

Anyone who thinks otherwise can fuck off and go and support another team, in my opinion.

Everyone should now get behind TBK, united we stand. Liquidation is NOT an option for Rangers Football Club.

Anyone who thinks otherwise can fuck off and go and support another team, in my opinion.

TBK is not the only bid on the table, we do not know details of any of the bids to any great extent so how can you be so sure that it is the best?

Telling others to follow only based on your gut feeling is not going to be enough I am afraid.

TBK is not the only bid on the table, we do not know details of any of the bids to any great extent so how can you be so sure that it is the best?

Telling others to follow only based on your gut feeling is not going to be enough I am afraid.

I don't know it's the best, but at least I know that they don't want us liquidated.

Until someone emerges in the media or through the admins/ the club stating that they are in favour of negotiating a CVA I think all we can do just now as blind followers is to put faith in TBK.

I didn't particularly want them at first, and I don't like the idea of Ticketus hanging over us. But I'll gladly have them on board before a consortium who do not have the history and culture of Rangers in their hearts. That doesn't have to be a Rangers man, Brian Kennedy showed that in his dealings with the media.

Please expand in destroying a football club.

Is this the football club where he has waived payments on stadium rental?

Statement from Dave Swanton, media manager to Brian Kennedy.

Hello

Firstly can I introduce myself as Dave Swanton the Head of Media,PR and Supporter Liaison at Sale Sharks. I have been in post under Brian Kennedy since July 2000.

There have been one or two mischievous posts flying about labelling Brian Kennedy as an asset stripper, so I would like to discredit such with some clear documented facts

That will clarify Brian’s history in his dealings with Stockport County.

When I joined Brian from Warrington Rugby League Club, Sale Sharks were losing £4m a season and were effectively bust. They had a fan base of 1200 people and the club had never won a major honour in a history dating back to 1861. Within two years the club finished runners up in the Premiership and won the European Challenge Cup. To help achieve this Brian invested his own money into the club and signed Jason Robinson and former Scotland Captain Bryan Redpath. The tiny ground at Heywood Road only had a capacity of 5500 and soon the house full signs were being posted every game and Heywood Road was clearly not big enough as a venue for the Sharks to reach their goals and become a successful, standalone club that needed regular cash injections from Brian.

In 2003 an opportunity arose where current Stockport County owner Brendan Ellwood wanted out after running County for 15 years. County had like many clubs been floored by the collapse of ITV Digital and had been relegated with players on Championship wages playing in front of crowds no more than 4500. Brian bought the stadium from Stockport County at fair value, and the proceeds were used by the club to repay the debt to the previous owner and finance running costs, leaving County debt free. Sale moved into Edgeley Park to ground share. Within three months of moving to Edgeley Park, Sale Sharks had their first full house of 10,500 with the visit of Cardiff in the Heineken Cup and Sammy McIlroy stabilised the football team and the club finished half way in league.

During the close season Sale Sharks brought in a new Director of Rugby, Philippe Saint Andre, who is now the current French Coach and invested in the team signing amongst other Sebastien Chabal, Trevor Woodman and Scottish International Jason White. The football team was also boosted by the signings of several players and boasted the second biggest playing budget in the division behind Bristol City as Brian Kennedy wanted both clubs to succeed.

The rugby team had a great success but sadly joint ownership of two clubs in the same stadium side by side was not working and Brian approached the Stockport County Supporters Trust to take over running the club. A Deal was struck and not only did Brian hand the club over debt free on July 8th 2005.The Trust also had an option to buy the Stadium back at the same cost Mr Kennedy had purchased it.

http://menmedia.co.u...._beverley.html

Mr Kennedy has had no ownership of Stockport County since this date. He did however remain as their biggest sponsors donating £750,000 from the Conference and Banqueting part of the operation in a six year deal.

http://www.clubsincr...ort_county.html

Sale Sharks won the Championship in 2006 and in 2008 Stockport County under the Trust Ownership won promotion to League One in a Play Off Final at Wembley.

Sadly the following year things went wrong at County and they were put into Administration by a creditor and were relegated. Brian Kennedy had invested almost £4million (in addition to the amount invested to buy the stadium)when the club went under but never pressed for payment and indeed it was Brian’s vote at the Creditor’s Meeting that allowed County to carry on trading.

http://www.football.....ss124796.shtml

Also it must be noted that in the last game of the season against Crewe Alexandra Brian paid the police bill to allow the game to go ahead.

A new group of investors took over the running of the football club but relegation occurred again, with County losing their league status. To assist with the transition Brian gave the football club a £75,000 gift to help them through the first few months of 2012 after the club had been beaten in the FA Cup and FA Trophy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/17098268

The future would appear that Sale Sharks will be moving to share with Salford City Reds Rugby League Club at a purpose built rugby stadium in Barton and Edgeley Park will revert back to being solely a football ground. Stockport County will pay below market rent but will have all the opportunities to raise money through sponsorship at the ground and retain all income from the Conference and Banqueting Facility seven days a week and Brian’s representatives are also scheduled to discuss sponsorship opportunities with the club. This will completely alleviate the County’s fans biggest gripe, that they cannot retain all income from Stadium revenue. They will now retain 100% of such for the benefit of Stockport County.

In all Brian Kennedy bought Stockport County when they were bust and despite vicious criticism from a vocal minority, has been a constant benefactor to them for nine years.He is the biggest sole investor the football club has ever had. He has invested many millions in sport in the North West of England, which has been his home for over 20 years and with Newcastle Falcons looking like being relegated Sale Sharks will be the sole Premiership Rugby Union Club in the North of England and more importantly are fast approaching a break even position.

I trust this brings clarity to some of the mischievous postings and rest assured Sale Sharks has one of the most transparent Media Operations in sport and where confidentiality allows, have absolute clarity with its fans.

You may also be interested in Brian’s own website www.brian-kennedy.co.uk where you can read for yourself all about him, his businesses, his interests and his Charity Work.

May I take this opportunity to wish the great club of Glasgow Rangers rapid exit from administration and another 140 years and more of outstanding class on and off the park.

"Is this the football club where he has waived payments on stadium rental? ......

No mate, this is the football club that he has 'deferred' payments on and not 'waived' as his spin merchant would have you believe .... deferred as in 'I still want it' and the rent goes up next season when he packs his wagon up and slides his operation into Salford Rugby Club .... never buys his own does BK

The football club who BK separated from its own ground then handed it back to a well meaning bunch of amateur's (fans trust) whilst strapping them to a contract that gave them no income stream whatsoever other than gate money ... our home of over a 100 yrs+.

The football club whose history and memorabilia was ripped from the walls and skipped ffs!

Yes mate ... that football club

The fact is, you all don't know what kind of funds TBK have.

True, they're not going to be as rich as Club9 or whatever, but who's to say Club9 are going to put £100,000,000 into Rangers?

The way it seems is they'll give us what we need to get by and ravage us for everything that comes in in return.

But Tbk are borrowing off Ticketus like Whyte done? <cr>

Tbk are a lost resort imo.

that's not what I asked. did you read my question.

:sleep1::sleep1::sleep1::sleep1::sleep1::sleep1::sleep1::sleep1::sleep1::sleep1::sleep1::sleep1::sleep1::sleep1::sleep1::sleep1::sleep1::sleep1::sleep1::sleep1::sleep1::sleep1::sleep1::sleep1::sleep1::sleep1::sleep1::sleep1::sleep1::sleep1::sleep1::sleep1::sleep1::sleep1::sleep1::sleep1:

Intact!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm having a hard time believing anyone would have tabled a bid & their intentions being liquidation.

correct me if im wrong, dont the administrators have a legal obligation to act in the best interest of the business (in it's current format) & the businesses creditors?

You're easily embarrassed - we should be positive that there are people with a will to do the right thing by the club.

There is much that can be achieved when we exit administration. First things first.

What's positive about the blue knights coming across like Oliver Twist.

If it's a sign of things to come with TBK in charge. Then as I said before...God help us.

I would take the Herald's story with a pinch of salt.

Would seem strange that club9 would want to liquidate us as that would cost them just about as much money as we owed at the minute, plus we would have no guaranteed league to play football in next season or any players left as they would all be free agents as their contracts would be void.

A 3 year ban from Europe could cost about £30m+ and signing an entire 70-80 players from youth to first team level would cost a huge amount as well.

Total cost from being a Liquidated club to building ourselves to the level we are now would cost about £60m+ at least, unless they have already got the club a place in another league like England i really can't see any business sense in liquidating us

clearly the administrators think the blue knights have money. or they would be on the scrapheap with Kennedy.

Brian Kennedy made a bid, to write off all the creditors under a CVA. It was deemed too small. TBK have one of the creditors in Ticketus. Who are routing for them, so that's why they're still in the game. Doesn't mean they have personally the significant funds to pay everybody off.

Just a roundabout way of keeping one happy (Ticketus) by letting (Ticketus) fund the others creditors through a CVA. For control of the club. The old Kansas city shuffle play. Have to admire them having a go though.

Would seem strange that club9 would want to liquidate us as that would cost them just about as much money as we owed at the minute, plus we would have no guaranteed league to play football in next season or any players left as they would all be free agents as their contracts would be void.

A 3 year ban from Europe could cost about £30m+ and signing an entire 70-80 players from youth to first team level would cost a huge amount as well.

Total cost from being a Liquidated club to building ourseleves to the level we are now would cost about £60m+ at least, unless they have already got the club a place in another league like England i really can't see any business sense in liquidating us

Just about to post something similar. The costs of liquidation far outweigh a cva even if ticketus are included.

IMO the story is a pile of shite made up to satisfy them after the drubbing they got on Sunday.

Brian Kennedy made a bid, to write off all the creditors under a CVA. It was deemed too small. TBK have one of the creditors in Ticketus. Who are routing for them, so that's why they're still in the game. Doesn't mean they have personally the significant funds to pay everybody off.

Just a roundabout way of keeping one happy (Ticketus) by letting (Ticketus) fund the others creditors through a CVA. For control of the club. The old Kansas city shuffle play. Have to admire them having a go though.

as I say clearly the admins are happy they have enough cash.

I am almost certain you are wrong about the record saying they have no cash as well.

The problem with the BK's and ticketus for me, is that we currently owe ticketus £18 million. The remainder minus the £3.6 million has vanished.

I don't want the club saddled with £30 million upwards of debt, for the £18 million that was used to pay off Lloyds, the rest of the money never came near us.

If the BK's and Ticketus came out and said that we will only have to pay back what we actually spent/benefitted from, then they might not be viewed with the same suspicion/scepticism they currently are.

Ticketus can chase the man they gave the money to for the rest.

All this talk of renegotiating the deal at a later stage is just storing up more problems.

The problem with the BK's and ticketus for me, is that we currently owe ticketus £18 million. The remainder minus the £3.6 million has vanished.

I don't want the club saddled with £30 million upwards of debt, for the £18 million that was used to pay off Lloyds, the rest of the money never came near us.

If the BK's and Ticketus came out and said that we will only have to pay back what we actually spent/benefitted from, then they might not be viewed with the same suspicion/scepticism they currently are.

Ticketus can chase the man they gave the money to for the rest.

All this talk of renegotiating the deal at a later stage is just storing up more problems.

they can't do that until we have a new owner.