Astroturf Burns

Away and slide about on red-ash then see how lucky you are to have astroturf and grass pitches these days.

this, i still have the scars from red ash, the amount of skin grafts the NHS could have done back then would have financially crippled them

or we could go further back to black ash :anguish:

Im a sucker for a slide tackle too but I recently discovered this spray on plaster stuff, its about 6 quid a tin but it stops you stickin to the bed sheets! Either that or burns dressings like cling film but theyre not as good!

this, i still have the scars from red ash, the amount of skin grafts the NHS could have done back then would have financially crippled them

Dettol and a scrubbing brush while being held down ohya fuckin' bastard.

Black ash???? You had it easy mate! We used tae play on gravel pitches in our day...and if you tell young folk of today that,they wouldn't believe you! :craphead::lol: (apologies to Monty python)

But you are correct,because some of the pitches in the 50's and early 60's were not conducive to slide tackling, but we still did the fucking things doh