Issue a threat to the supposed liquidators.

markybear

The rangers football club 1872 or nothing.  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Would you wholeheartedly follow through with this threat?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not answering that poll. I've seen more changes in following The Rangers over nigh on fifty years than I'd have thought possible.

I've followed through it all and I'll be following until I draw my last. I wont be turning my back on The Rangers.

Thanks minst, we need action, I'm not saying my idea is perfect but they need to know how strongly we feel about this issue

In all honesty they won't give a fuck the liquidators are only here short term.

If anybody goes this way step two is start the new company and sell it on

Following on from the other thread, would you stand behind this threat and follow it through if the worst happens? As a split support we are weak, united we are strong. Club9 or any other liquidator for that matter must be told in no uncertain terms that we won't tolerate liquidation in any form, no matter how it's dressed up, a spade is a spade.

"We, the rangers support in our entirety will 'walk away' from the club if any winning bidder (liquidator) tries to or does use liquidation as an exit strategy from insolvency. If this happens our backs will turn, our seats will sit empty and merchandise will not be purchased. The club/business would struggle immediately without fan input in monetary terms. We will not stand by while the club is wiped from the face of the earth, we will not go quietly into the night, we will protest and make life difficult for the 'liquidator'.

The Rangers Football Club is not a business, it is a way of life. Anyone who attempts to taint that way of life will have to accept the fatal consequences."

One question bud, who in a position of being in the know, has actually named any bidder who has stated in the public domain that they will liquidate the club. Maybe just maybe all this hearsay could in fact be a ploy from someone who has good intentions using his contacts to plant this theory as he/they may not have the cash to meet what they perceive to be more attractive bids.

Now this is just a thought from me, as I am not privy to the what is going on behind the scenes.

Following on from the other thread, would you stand behind this threat and follow it through if the worst happens? As a split support we are weak, united we are strong. Club9 or any other liquidator for that matter must be told in no uncertain terms that we won't tolerate liquidation in any form, no matter how it's dressed up, a spade is a spade.

"We, the rangers support in our entirety will 'walk away' from the club if any winning bidder (liquidator) tries to or does use liquidation as an exit strategy from insolvency. If this happens our backs will turn, our seats will sit empty and merchandise will not be purchased. The club/business would struggle immediately without fan input in monetary terms. We will not stand by while the club is wiped from the face of the earth, we will not go quietly into the night, we will protest and make life difficult for the 'liquidator'.

The Rangers Football Club is not a business, it is a way of life. Anyone who attempts to taint that way of life will have to accept the fatal consequences."

I think it depends on if they force liquidation or if we are bought as part of a no choice of liquidation, if that makes sense. (tu)

I'm not answering that poll. I've seen more changes in following The Rangers over nigh on fifty years than I'd have thought possible.

I've followed through it all and I'll be following until I draw my last. I wont be turning my back on The Rangers.

This.

1st set foot in Ibrox in 1963 and will continue to do so no matter what.

Rangers til I Die....

Not Rangers Til Rangers Die Then Decide If I Want To Support Some Other Team Til I Die......

I support a football club, not a public limited company (its only a vehicle the Club travels on)

Do you actually know all about liquidation or just the ill informed pish you read on here in and the papers!! read the cloud 9 statement about this. now I have no idea if cloud9 will be good for us or not but their statement on liquidation is the most accurate I have seen. A Cva is best but liquidation is not the doomsday scenario it has been painted

This.

1st set foot in Ibrox in 1963 and will continue to do so no matter what.

Rangers til I Die....

Not Rangers Til Rangers Die Then Decide If I Want To Support Some Other Team Til I Die......

I support a football club, not a public limited company (its only a vehicle the Club travels on)

This!!

Just out of curiosity, what would you do if we were liquidated?

I mean, would you just not go to football again or would you support another team or what?

I don't watch any football except The Rangers.

I have no interest in watching any premiership stuff even though its the only football on tv here.

Rangers or nowt for me.

I might consider following/sponsoring a Junior club here as an interest, but that would only be so I could take my kids to see something. Unfortunately for me my footballing way of life would be over, as I don't even follow the Scotland team either.

Thats part of the reason this whole thing has been such a shock to me. I can't even fathom what the fuck i would do without our team.

:disappointment:

Do you actually know all about liquidation or just the ill informed pish you read on here in and the papers!! read the cloud 9 statement about this. now I have no idea if cloud9 will be good for us or not but their statement on liquidation is the most accurate I have seen. A Cva is best but liquidation is not the doomsday scenario it has been painted

2yrs ago my small company got shafted for a 6 figure sum after i had spent a large 5 figure sum on material and labour. I had no option but to make company insolvent after speaking to my suppliers. I changed one word in the company name and set up another one. Same staff, same vans, same co. logo, same clients (bar 1 !!!), same reputation, same HISTORY, same suppliers who I have since repaid the debt to.

I agree its not the doomsday scenario that many think (if thats what comes to pass)

2yrs ago my small company got shafted for a 6 figure sum after i had spent a large 5 figure sum on material and labour. I had no option but to make company insolvent after speaking to my suppliers. I changed one word in the company name and set up another one. Same staff, same vans, same co. logo, same clients (bar 1 !!!), same reputation, same HISTORY, same suppliers who I have since repaid the debt to.

I agree its not the doomsday scenario that many think (if thats what comes to pass)

It is fairly routine business practise and yet never the easier option - but sometimes it has to be done and it is just nonsense when people say you cant take your history with you - one of the assets that can be bought is called 'goodwill' and a large part of the goodwill is your name, your history!

It is fairly routine business practise and yet never the easier option - but sometimes it has to be done and it is just nonsense when people say you cant take your history with you - one of the assets that can be bought is called 'goodwill' and a large part of the goodwill is your name, your history!

Summed up perfectly

Liquidation in any form carries footballing penalties.

It must be avoided.

As much as I would like to threaten anyone who wants to liquidate us by saying I won't support them I know If it did happen I would be at ibrox everyother week.

I've been fortunate and never lived through many tough times with rangers if any. It would be an insult to my grandad who stuck by rangers when we lost 7-1 to Celtic,when they won 9iar and the European cup and he walked down stairway13 on that horrible day. I feel what he lived through was worse that we are going through now and I could never live with myself if I stopped supporting rangers.

Like what has been said before, if they play at ibrox in blue shirts and call themselves rangers then I'll be there.

"We, the rangers support RST in our entirety will 'walk away' from the club if any winning bidder (liquidator) tries to or does use liquidation....."

There we go, fixed.

I don't know if the RST have this viewpoint or not.

What I do know is I wrote the OP starement, it was not lifted from anywhere.

Liquidation in any form carries footballing penalties.

It must be avoided.

Of course it must be avoided if possible - BUT the main point that has peoples knickers in a twist is this one of history going bye bye - which is just nonsense !

To me, it's this simple. If liquidation happens, the next time a newco Rangers win the league (and with all the penalties and restrictions that could be put in place, who knows when that might be) then it will be recorded against their name in the record books as their first EVER domestic championship success. To me, that's not the Rangers that I have followed since the 1970s. The recent talk of some sort of hybrid between CVA and post-admin newco - I don't even begin to know what the fuck that means.

If the next championship goes down as number 55, I will follow. If not, I'm out. I can't put it any better than that. I understand that some people won't be able to let go, and in some ways I envy their ability to attach the same emotional sentimentality to a newco that they currently hold for Rangers. It worries me a bit to know that any potential bidders who are considering liquidation will probably on some level be monitoring polls like this one. They'll look at the 50-50 split and know that they've got a shout of making a fist of it with a newco and that alone might convince them not to try to do what in my mind is the ONLY thing that should be being considered and that is CVA and continuing as an ongoing concern.

My answer is that I would not follow a newco. I respect and understand those that would, but not for me.