Amendments to SPL rules

I see your point & I thought about that too, however as there's no current TV deal in the SFL the door would be open for RTV to organize broadcasts of our matches with a small percentage going to the opposition - how many bears around the world would subscribe to see our return to greatness over the course of a couple of seasons? I certainly would, in the knowledge that the majority of the subscription fees were going to the club instead of into a pot to be shared round the rest of the teams - i'm sure the other teams wouldn't demand a 50/50 share of the fees for matches they were involved in as they & the league would probably be most welcome of any extra income.

It's true to say that the vast majority of the current team would be lost, however we then wouldn't be paying millions of pounds out every month un-necessarily on high wages for players to pump smaller teams week in week out - if I were currently a Rangers player on £20k per week, i'd play for a nominal fee until we got back into the SPL, that's not going to happen with our first team admittedly, but i'd hope the youngsters coming through would want to take on new contracts in the knowledge that they'd be making a name for themselves & be guaranteed a game every week too - they'd surely be affordable.

All of this will ultimately remain pie in the sky, however it would be an interesting shake up of Scottish football as we know it were it to happen - I for one shall remain blindly optimistic until I hear for sure our new owners have sucked it up big time & kept us in the SPL with as few penalties as they can realistically get away with...

:sherlock:

Good points mate.

I suppose we will just have to wait and see what happens. Fucking raging though, I'm on holiday with the missus and the wee one and here I am fretting once again over this shit.

Fuck you David Murray

Fuck you Craig Whyte

Fuck the SFA

Fuck the SPL

Fuck every team that votes against us. I hope your bitterness is what fucking destroys you in the end.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a joke these proposels are. No thought has went into it other than 'quick there is Rangers down, lets get a foot in to them'.

No thought of what happens if any other team goes under in the future.

This shouldn't be how our game is run. Its just wrong. Its depressing.

Where were these proposels after Gretna went bust?

I am going to fucking laugh if we are forced to go the Div 3 route and they are stuck with these rules just in time for most of them going into administration themselves due to losing half their income from us.

They *really* haven't thought this through at all have they?

None of the amendments come as a shock. The SPL have a track record of changing the rules to suit themselves. They moved the goalposts twice to bail out the mutton molestors when they deserved to be relegated. My question is, do we have any legal challenge to this bullshit?

Personally, i dont think these amendments will get the 11-1 vote they need. One of the potential changes involves tougher sanctions against clubs who fail to pay players on time. That one will have Mad Vlad Romanov shiiting a brick. He already thinks the world is out to get him so theres no way he will support rule changes that could hit him in the pocket.

Can see them make another Rule where if you drop down to Lower Leagues ,when you are Promoted ,and you Liquidate then you face the Penalties on return.

Its a cert, they are after us, and the sooner our Fans wake up then the sooner it will change .

Don't go to their shitty little Stadiums.

It might pass but it probably won't.

Would like to know who instigated it.

It's incredibly short sighted from the other 10 clubs, we will exit administration and never will be there again, a good few of these other clubs are already close, these proposals will kill them if they do enter administration.

One thing should be certain, we cannot continue as a support to keep other clubs going when they have attacked us at our weakest.

Everyone with an agenda against our club is trying to kill us by a “death by a thousand cut” approach.

However, our club and our history will survive.

Without our history their agenda is worthless.

The money men are fucked without us!

If they try to destroy our club, they have no future.

FTP!, we know who you are and we will come and get you.

For We Are The People and NO SURRENDER is out motto!