Amendments to SPL rules

3rd division means no Europe for 4 years minimum and 75% tv money is better than none.

the Americans will have us in a hobbled spl no matter what the fans want.

25% TV money actually as it is a 75% reduction!

By staying in SPL under these terms we would, in effect, be supporting the other clubs & the competition financially. They would have a Sky TV deal because we are in the league but we are earning next to nothing from it!

Alternatively, could these proposed rule changes not convince prospective owners that CVA is preferred option to Newco, as future revenue streams would surely be much greater with a CVA:

You can compete in Europe

You earn fair share of SPL income

You have realistic chance of winning SPL

Under Newco, basically relies on fans bankrolling the club (via STs) to play in a competition they have no chance of winning, earn minimal rewards for any success we do have and will not qualify for Europe anyway?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3rd division means no Europe for 4 years minimum and 75% tv money is better than none.

Really will you stop this utter shit , really don't need to hear your stupid remarks about people you know nothing about.

Today of all days just give it a rest.

It'snot 75% mate it's 25%, the 75% is the amount it is reduced by so we wouldn't be losing that much in the long run.

Refuse to rejoin if the worst happens.

They can't force us after all.

We then take it to Uefa and say the governing body is making it prohibitive to rejoin and watch the cat slaughter the pigeons.

This isn't worth the paper it is written on if we have the balls to stand up and say 'Thanks but no thanks ya mhanky cheating bcunts'

no it doesn't

we win the Scottish cup in year 3 and we're in Europe the following year

It's somewhat odd that these rules would be put in place and affect a club already suffering an insolvency event.

If there was any genuine interest in amending the rules and fairness then any rule changes would only be effective for a Club entering administration after the proposed changes have taken place.

All this does is make liquidation an even less attractive option so not of any great concern to be fair (At the moment. however the timing of it has really thrown a fucking spanner in the works as it has once again delayed any decision by the admins for an indefinate period, which I suspect is the real reason, if they can delay any takeover then greater chance we start next year still in administration giving ra sellick another free title.

I can't see how killing the goose that lays the golden egg is to the advantage of the other SPL clubs.

Any one of them could find themselves in administration in the near future, as a direct consequence of our situation, and given the state of football finances in general.

Are they really going to vote in a set of rules that could send one or more of them into oblivion somewhere down the line?

Baffling... anguish.gif

I wonder if this is a play to force us to vote in favor of altering the voting structure - discussed in their secret meetings - to require less than the current 11 out of 12 club's approval for changes to be made, leaving celtic out in the cold as the only dissenting voice against their plan?

It's somewhat odd that these rules would be put in place and affect a club already suffering an insolvency event.

If there was any genuine interest in amending the rules and fairness then any rule changes would only be effective for a Club entering administration after the proposed changes have taken place.

If what they are doing isn't illegal it's certainly immoral

Fuck these bastards, sick to my back teeth of them. Was against dropping down the leagues, but after this and let's not kid ourselves these measures are brought in to fuck us over, pure and simple.

Lets drop down from the spl...............................

The tv deal gone for all these bastards

The prospect of two home games or even three for the odd club....................gone

Just watch the bastards tumble like a pack of cards.

We would work or way back up the divisions and get a young team together that can gain experience and still play glamour friendlies and have tournaments at Ibrox, because if we find ourselves in this situation we are out of Europe for 3 years so why not fuck all these rhats up once and for all.

Just under 48k at the old crocks game.........that is equvalent of 9 home games from Scumdee Hivs and The Sheep. If they implement this I hope our new owners tell them to fuck off.

And if these plastics over in the east end do not vote against these rules with is, then we fuck them up re voting for a chance to the 11-1 scenario now in force.

Bingo

To be honest, before spotting that story on BBC website & subsequently coming on here to pick the bones out of it, dropping down to D3 was the last thing I would have wanted to happen to our club. Now the realization has well & truly hit home that the rest of the SPL clubs really do want us fucked over big style & furthermore to continually be fucked over for the next 3 years i'm all for leaving the shower of shite in the crapper. They want us in the SPL so they can fight over the scraps that sky toss into Scottish football, but basically crippled due to ongoing punishemnts so that we'll essentially be in impotent force when it comes to competing for the league title. Fuck the lot of them, it's time to call their bluff big time - us dropping into D3 might actually be good for the whole of Scottish football, a hard-reset if you will, forcing clubs to rely on their dwindling fanbase for financial support & let's see how far that gets them. Rangers (& the scum) bring around half a million quid to every away team we visit, some 4 times per season & that's going to contribute massively to their annual income, even if we ultimately get taken over & remain in the SPL in some way, shape or form i'd wholeheartedly support a total boycott of away games (bar the scum games as let's be fair, they'd sell the whole piggery out for an OF derby, especially one against a weakened Gers side they's have a chance of beating) & sit back to watch half the teams in the SPL die on their arses. How long would it take for the gfitw to lose interest & vanish leaving the scum with a fucking enormous wage bill they can't afford?

Sad as it it, I'm actually becoming more excited by the prospect of dropping down & starting largely from scratch with a young, homegrown team & no ongoing SPL punishments purely designed to keep us down whilst exploiting our saleability for the benefit of others. Fuck the SPL - Drop the ticket prices, cap the salaries, play the youngsters & NO SURRENDER!

/rant

:crabflute:

Can someone give me an honest answer..If we do go down the route of a newco, how likely is it we could get into League 2?

Who would vote us through, how long could it take for the process etc?

Since noone else seems to have answered this I will give my opinion on it if we were to opt out of Scottish football entirely and therefore have no league to play in I think that then we would be looking at the current teams playing at that level to vote us in.

Which if its to be league 2 won't happen as losing their league status means all tv money as well as payments from the FA would stop.

Our only chance to get into English football is to start at the very bottom of the pyramid and work our way and even then the others might not allow that.

D&P seem fairly partial to a bit of court action. Given Rangers' position as a minority shareholder of 'The Scottish Premier League Limited' hopefully they're giving serious thought to raising a court action preventing these changes.

Shareholders (i.e. Rangers) are entitled to protection in the event that a company's (i.e. The Scottish Premier League Limited) affairs have been conducted in a manner that it unfairly prejudicial. Worth a try at least?

Can someone give me an honest answer..If we do go down the route of a newco, how likely is it we could get into League 2?

Who would vote us through, how long could it take for the process etc?

Since noone else seems to have answered this I will give my opinion on it if we were to opt out of Scottish football entirely and therefore have no league to play in I think that then we would be looking at the current teams playing at that level to vote us in.

Which if its to be league 2 won't happen as losing their league status means all tv money as well as payments from the FA would stop.

Our only chance to get into English football is to start at the very bottom of the pyramid and work our way and even then the others might not allow that.

If we are hit with these penalties it is an outrage. The speed that these have been put through is a disgrace - in time to catch rangers if the worst should happen.

Wait until Rangers go into admin and possibly New Co then change the rules - fuck me

Who has ever heard of any football association even considering such major changes during a season.

Mindboggling stupidity of an organisation that appears to want to destroy itself. Personally was looking forward to sorting everything out and was prepared for it to take at least a couple of seasons for us to sort ourselves out. With this nonsense I am starting think perhaps our club should try find somewhere else to play our football.

Regrettably as it is a domestic matter I don't think UEFA would get involved but we should take it to Court of Arbitration for Sport possibly.

Absolute disgrace.

Would laugh if this came back to bite them with the HMRC investigating sellick an all

How the hell can these dickheads think they can change the rules while we're actually IN administration. Did they change the rules when other teams were, did they fuck. What a shambles of an organisation.