admitted he knew little about football.

“I came into football because I was

influenced by the love my two sons have

for the sport and I have to admit I’m not a

football man,” he said.

“When I came in, I didn’t even know

what the offside rule was and my sons had

to teach me.”

http://imcms2.mediacorp.sg/CMSFileserver/documents/006/PDF/20101204/0412SPW032.pdf

Stolen from Casey's gersnet thread

Reading that, I trust the man even more. Hope he is the pb although I don't exactly know much about Miller. Can't see Ng liquidating us, just wants impress his kids IMO, giving them a team to support and to see what players they want for that team (obviously within reason).

Reading that, I trust the man even more. Hope he is the pb although I don't exactly know much about Miller. Can't see Ng liquidating us, just wants impress his kids IMO, giving them a team to support and to see what players they want for that team (obviously within reason).

It's what is in the brackets that worry me ... he comes from a very different culture after all

I'm hoping he doesn't go and get us messi ronaldo etc and realistically he won't :lol: but there are a lot of top Asian players which I would happily see at Ibrox, if there the type of platters he wants to see.

For example no reason for saying it but maybe he'd want to sign us someone like Park Ji Sung as a marquee signing, very unlikely but if he wants to spread the brand of Asian football it would be very welcome :sherlock:

He certainly are eager to drag footy in S'pore forward..Not unlike the Sheikhs in Qatar and Abu Dhabi who have taken over clubs in Europe and financed them generously.

That said he´s no arab oil-sheikh, he´s chinese so he´ll be very businessminded. He would expect Rangers to become self-sufficient and most probably have a plan ready. In my personal view it´s also unlikely that there ain´t someone behind him, someone with serious money that don´t want to show his hand but are willing to give the project his blessing.

It´s a confusing network these chinese business clans..But I´m willing to bet that at least one guy in his group will be from Hongkong. Who coincidentaly have a number of chinese/Euroasian/western business tycoons with a drop of Scottish blood in them.

But this is just speculations from me of course, but right now we can just speculate.

I don't see being a "good Rangers man" as an essential qualification for owning Rangers.

It would be nice but is really not needed.

I'd rather have a solid business man or team, who will steady the ship and steer us back into good health.

Ng seems to fit the bill, but thats only an early opinion without a lot to base it on.

I don't think it would take much effort from him to get the fans behind him.

I don't see being a "good Rangers man" as an essential qualification for owning Rangers.

It would be nice but is really not needed.

I'd rather have a solid business man or team, who will steady the ship and steer us back into good health.

Ng seems to fit the bill, but thats only an early opinion without a lot to base it on.

I don't think it would take much effort from him to get the fans behind him.

00000042.gif

In today's world we need a mix of business and football knowledge from a team of people. Obviously anyone hell bent of feeding their own ego or that just wants to spend spend spend because they love the club is going to end in disaster.

Would you like to buy him though? Considering you had the wealth.

I could be the richest man in the world, but sooner or later michael schumacher will die, The Rangers wont. Ever. If you ask, would i buy ferrarri, considering my wealth, aye, i would.

Id add an extra 'r' to ferrari, i do own it after all.

Hi guys I'm new to forum, I'm a naturally cynical untrusting person to begin wi, I don't believe for one minute that NG is a true blue for 40 yrs but he does appear to want to take us forward by restructuring the board with football and business minded people who know the club, so he said. Also he said he would not be running it but be in the background somewhere whatever that means!

On his consortium he said that he has serious and wealthy business partners within it.

For me he is saying all the right things and ticking the right boxes but as we have seen recently with CW is it all as it seems. If and when he takes over he will have my 100% backing I'm not being negative about all this just wary, he will have to show some transparency and for me a life long bear I hope his first appointment should be the figurehead and ambassador that is mr rangers John Greig, class, dignity a true gentleman. Nobody better.

WATP

I just want this nightmare to end soon. If ng is the man get him in asap and get the fight back started. Need this done quickly now as the season is nearing its end and players contracts will be void if things are not sorted. Duno much about ng bit i do know i don't want tbk.