Rangers could struggle to finish fourth next season

People need to realise also, this ain't the 80,s, if we are not winning the league then only one other team is. How long will people put up with that? How long do people give until a level of ambition is coming from the club to match the fans spending and support? It's all very well us standing by the club in hard times but there has to be value for money or fans will inevitably turn off. Comparisons with the 80,s are pointless and irrellevant nowadays. It's a completely different ball game now.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We went for 10 mate, remember Killie won it the year before their niar.

So what - Follow, Follow....

What a League table that season was.....Killie...Hearts 50pts...Dunfermline 49pts...Hivs 46pts...Rangers 44pts :rolleyes:

I am 49 years of age. In the first 24 years of my life Rangers won the league 4 times and one of these was before I was 1 and the other 3 was in a 4 year spell in my mid teens. It seemed like we never won the league and very often finished below Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and even Hearts.

What doesnt kill you makes you stronger.

Its going to be tough but we have to stick together and get through it.

I read on another thread never underestimate the Rangers and I believe that.

Keep Believing.

He is having 'what if' scenarios thrown at him by the Skittish Media.

All Ally is trying to do is give what he feels is the best/appropriate answer. Sometimes he may just be feeding them shite to keep them happy.

On the other hand 4th place would mean we were still a viable club and in the SPL..... who wouldnt take that option at the moment.

I am 49 years of age. In the first 24 years of my life Rangers won the league 4 times and one of these was before I was 1 and the other 3 was in a 4 year spell in my mid teens. It seemed like we never won the league and very often finished below Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and even Hearts.

What doesnt kill you makes you stronger.

Its going to be tough but we have to stick together and get through it.

I read on another thread never underestimate the Rangers and I believe that.

Keep Believing.

Sorry guys I am 48 and not 49 till later in the year. Dont know why I typed 49.

this is all about survival and not about leauge positions,this is the time to put our faith in the young guys who, to a man has stood up to be counted when it has mattered this season,I would be dissapointed if the CLUB went out and bought anyone in the next season or so,We have to live within our means or the same thing will happen again,one thing is for sure we will be a stronger Club from management,player and Supporter as a result of all this...WATP

well i for one will be following the mighty bears next year nae matter what, Div 3 or SPL with young team and sanctions, i hope the people on here who say they will walk away are talking out of anger, because you are making yourselfs look real C--ts and glory hunters, Rangers need there real fans NOW no matter what happens, we are all sick to our stomachs at what has gone on but our team need us now more than ever before

well i for one will be following the mighty bears next year nae matter what, Div 3 or SPL with young team and sanctions, i hope the people on here who say they will walk away are talking out of anger, because you are making yourselfs look real C--ts and glory hunters, Rangers need there real fans NOW no matter what happens, we are all sick to our stomachs at what has gone on but our team need us now more than ever before

I havent had a ST or 2 or 3 years but I will def be buying one for next year irrespective of who we are playing and the Boy will be getting one too.

I must say I welcome Ally's comments. I think we all need to be realistic about next season in particular and, indeed, the two or three thereafter.

I think we're in position at the moment where the massive uncertainty surrounding our future and our finances will play heavily on the minds of our cuurent playing squad. It's unrealistic to think that a number of our core players will not 'test the water' elsewhere, particularly if a potential move is financially lucrative.

Like many on here, I take the very pragmatic view that, if it happens, we've simply got to get on with it. We will follow, follow as we always do.

As our French cousins would say, "C'est la vie".

I havent had a ST or 2 or 3 years but I will def be buying one for next year irrespective of who we are playing and the Boy will be getting one too.

Make sure you get it for the correct season :rolleyes:

My mates wife took her dog for a walk the other day, got as far as the park (300 yards ish), she only had the lead in her hand, she had left the dog at home, if you knew her you would not be surprised, made me laugh.