Lafferty finished at Ibrox?

Jelavic191

Can Bill Miller please fuck off he's as bad as Murray and Whyte

If you are reading this forum by any chance Bill then please do us and yourself a favour and fuck off if you liquidate us you will never be allowed to set foot in Ibrox and expect to get out alive.

What the fuck are you on about?

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is no problem getting up after the operation if its done properly.

in my circumstance the repair was botched and the doctor did not examine it after i complained about severe pain. the surgeon that i had arranged to perform the operation had another doctor perform it while he observed - his first surgery. he fucked up.

every day after you get hernia, the possibility of it becoming worse increases, often causing excruciating pain. elective surgery is delayed only because slots are unavailable but any doctor would recommend surgery as soon as possible to avoid the inevitability of further damage.

it's true that small hernia tears may not require immediate surgery but there is a significant difference between sitting at home watching coronation st. and playing a professional football match.

length of time time is not the relevant consideration - one serious exertion can cause strangulation and it can occur quickly.

or are you suggesting that the possibility of a strangulated hernia is not possible in such a circumstance?

your contention that immediate surgery is usually not necessary is contradicted in this link:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/72913-hernia-strangulation-symptoms/

while you have not personally witnessed a death from a strangulated hernia, you just didn't happen to be in one of the hospitals that witnessed more than 2,000 last year.

My definition of immediate surgery is patient comes to A & E, then goes from A & E straight to the operating theatres. This does not happen with strangulated Hernia, the op can be delayed by 24-48 hours easily without too much trouble.

The article you refer to that contradicts my opinion is not exactly the best medical reference, in fact it states "emergent" (Think he meant "emergency") surgery is required.

Also, i never said or suggested strangulation cannot occur in any situation. It can occur in the old man watching corrie or the highly athletic footballer. As you stated, there probably is more of a chance of this occurring in a footballer due to physical excertion etc. However, the chances of this happening between 0.3-3%. Minimal.

My definition of immediate surgery is patient comes to A & E, then goes from A & E straight to the operating theatres. This does not happen with strangulated Hernia, the op can be delayed by 24-48 hours easily without too much trouble.

The article you refer to that contradicts my opinion is not exactly the best medical reference, in fact it states "emergent" (Think he meant "emergency") surgery is required.

Also, i never said or suggested strangulation cannot occur in any situation. It can occur in the old man watching corrie or the highly athletic footballer. As you stated, there probably is more of a chance of this occurring in a footballer due to physical excertion etc. However, the chances of this happening between 0.3-3%. Minimal.

the most pertinent statistic for me, which is apparently irrelevent to you is that 2,000 people die a year from strangulated hernia in the states alone.

it is a clear risk.

and your remark that there is no pain unless strangulation occurs is completely false.

i know from personal experience - non strangulated hernias can be excruciating.

the link was the first one that popped up on a search, the references used for the article were:

"Sabiston Textbook of Surgery, 18th Edition;" Courtney Townsend, R. Daniel Beauchamp, B. Mark Evers; 2007

"Anesthesiology Clinics;" Emergency and Urgent Surgery; Kevin Schuster, M.D., Kimberly Davis, M.D., Stanley Rosenbaum, M.D.; December 2009

"Rosen's Emergency Medicine, 7th Edition;" John Marx, M.D., Robert Hockberger, M.D., Ron Walls, M.D.; 2009

i can get plenty more if these are are they unsuitable?

but we can disagree all day about particular medical semantics but let me ask you this.

if kyle has a hernia that is painful and giving him a problem would you, based on your medical knowledge, advise him to play in professional football games?

the most pertinent statistic for me, which is apparently irrelevent to you is that 2,000 people die a year from strangulated hernia in the states alone.

it is a clear risk.

and your remark that there is no pain unless strangulation occurs is completely false.

i know from personal experience - non strangulated hernias can be excruciating.

the link was the first one that popped up on a search, the references used for the article were:

"Sabiston Textbook of Surgery, 18th Edition;" Courtney Townsend, R. Daniel Beauchamp, B. Mark Evers; 2007

"Anesthesiology Clinics;" Emergency and Urgent Surgery; Kevin Schuster, M.D., Kimberly Davis, M.D., Stanley Rosenbaum, M.D.; December 2009

"Rosen's Emergency Medicine, 7th Edition;" John Marx, M.D., Robert Hockberger, M.D., Ron Walls, M.D.; 2009

i can get plenty more if these are are they unsuitable?

but we can disagree all day about particular medical semantics but let me ask you this.

if kyle has a hernia that is painful and giving him a problem would you, based on your medical knowledge, advise him to play in professional football games?

Firstly, i never said Hernias are painfree unless strangulated, i said they are generally painfree. Most folk would take from this comment that i meant "in most cases".

Secondly, when did 2000 people die from strangulated Hernia in the states? Is it a yearly figure? Reference? Not denying this is the case but wouldnt mind seeing a source.

And in answer to your last point, no, i wouldnt ask him to play if his hernia is painful and giving him trouble. Especially in the clubs situation, Kyle might be bumped out the door in the summer, would you play whilst- quite seriously- injured with no guarantee of future income? I think he'd be daft to.

If he's causing disruption to the squad, pissing off the manager, and trying to get a move to the Championship on the sly then he can fuck right off. After all the support the fans have shown him, the chances he's had, Rangers have made him a millionaire, and then he basically turns his back on us. I hope he never kicks a ball for Rangers again.

Do you ever get a soft swelling/lump that comes and goes in that area?

I dont think it would be a hernia as they are generally painless unless they get strangulated or poked and prodded a bit much.

The only way to know for sure is to go to the GP, let them have a look.

Had a lymphode if it's a word that went away, did have summit in my groin area once to get to my vains in my head checked and iv had a coil thing put through.

Firstly, i never said Hernias are painfree unless strangulated, i said they are generally painfree. Most folk would take from this comment that i meant "in most cases".

Secondly, when did 2000 people die from strangulated Hernia in the states? Is it a yearly figure? Reference? Not denying this is the case but wouldnt mind seeing a source.

And in answer to your last point, no, i wouldnt ask him to play if his hernia is painful and giving him trouble.

there is little pain with the initial tear but once a hernia becomes incarcerated - which, after a short period of time, they usually do because of exertions, the simple act of coughing or sneezing can be extremely painful. i don't believe this is as infrequent as your suggesting from my own experiences and those i know who have had incarcerated hernias, and i would appreciate the link out of interest.

this is the link for the 2,000 deaths per year from hernias:

http://www.noinsurancesurgery.com/hernia/hernia-mesh.htm

however, since we are in complete agreement with the central issue - that kyle should not play if his hernia is giving him trouble then our other differences aren't that important.

therefore, as i said before it's unfair to judge the lad on his decisions in this situation until we know his side of the story

If he's causing disruption to the squad, pissing off the manager, and trying to get a move to the Championship on the sly then he can fuck right off. After all the support the fans have shown him, the chances he's had, Rangers have made him a millionaire, and then he basically turns his back on us. I hope he never kicks a ball for Rangers again.

'if' does mean it might not be so, doesn't it.

no bear would side with any player over McCoist.

no need for an overreaction though imo. all the current playing squad deserve extra consideration considering the wage cus they have taken to save the club. It shouldnt be forgotten Lafferty took a 75% pay cut to keep us alive.

i hope he learns from this and accepts his punishment.

no bear would side with any player over McCoist.

no need for an overreaction though imo. all the current playing squad deserve extra consideration considering the wage cus they have taken to save the club. It shouldnt be forgotten Lafferty took a 75% pay cut to keep us alive.

i hope he learns from this and accepts his punishment.

i think most of ally's supporters would agree that he is capable of making a mistake - including ally himself,

especially under the immense stress he's had to endure lately.

therefore, it's quite possible for him to be wrong in a situation - he's fuckin human.

by saying 'no bear would side with any player over ally' means that he is incapable of making a mistake and that's just plain nonsense.

ally might be right and, if so, kyle deserves all the stick he's getting but i think, since he's given us 100% thus far, he deserves the right to tell his side of the story before passing judgement.

i think most of ally's supporters would agree that he is capable of making a mistake - including ally himself,

especially under the immense stress he's had to endure lately.

therefore, it's quite possible for him to be wrong in a situation - he's fuckin human.

by saying 'no bear would side with any player over ally' means that he is incapable of making a mistake and that's just plain nonsense.

ally might be right and, if so, kyle deserves all the stick he's getting but i think, since he's given us 100% thus far, he deserves the right to tell his side of the story before passing judgement.

perhaps, but even if mccoist is wrong, i still dont care.

perhaps ferguson was in the wrong over beckham, roy keane, nistelrooy, etc... doesn't matter, he's the main man, you get on the wrong side of him, your out.

Whilst i understand the situation is greatly different considering fergusons resources, but the philosophy must remain imo.

perhaps, but even if mccoist is wrong, i still dont care.

perhaps ferguson was in the wrong over beckham, roy keane, nistelrooy, etc... doesn't matter, he's the main man, you get on the wrong side of him, your out.

Whilst i understand the situation is greatly different considering fergusons resources, but the philosophy must remain imo.

i don't necessarily disagree with your point regarding football dictatorship and its effectiveness but that wasn't your original point, was it?

you said 'no bear would side with any player over mccoist.'

eg. if kyle's chose not to play because of the pain of a serious injury and ally is wrong for telling him to play, then it's quite possible for a bear take kyle's side over mccoist on this issue, and still acknowledge that mccoist's dictaorship is necessary for the success of the team regardless of the injustice.

i don't necessarily disagree with your point regarding football dictatorship and its effectiveness but that wasn't your original point, was it?

you said 'no bear would side with any player over mccoist.'

eg. if kyle's chose not to play because of the pain of a serious injury and ally is wrong for telling him to play, then it's quite possible for a bear take kyle's side over mccoist on this issue, and still acknowledge that mccoist's dictaorship is necessary for the success of the team regardless of the injustice.

fair enough, some believe that mccoist is in the wrong, i won't lose any sleep over that, everyone has the right to make their own judgements. in the point relating to Lafferty, according to McCoist he simply didnt show and he tried to call Lafferty to see why he wasn't there and he never answered his phone. He also mentioned this wasn't the first instance of Lafferty breaching club rules according to McCoist.

i hope lafferty isn't finished at Rangers, ive always backed him, even when he seemed to be keeping a relentless tide of stick for his performances from our own fans. I think he has talent, and is only ever let down by consistancy. I really hope we haven't seen the last of the Gazelle in a gers top, but i back McCoist over any other person currently at our club.