Alex Thomson

Meanwhile Strathclyde Police have dropped an investigation into a complaint by the chief correspondent of Channel 4 news, Alex Thomson, that he had been threatened physically by other journalists after arriving in Glasgow to cover the story. In a blog entry that was widely repeated in newspapers and such media sites as UK Press Gazette, Thomson wrote: “What I didn’t expect were the insults (and in at least one case, a direct physical threat) not from fans but from Scottish journalists. Sarajevo, Mogadishu, Kabul, Islamabad, Tripoli, Baghdad... I could bore you with more - in none of these places have I ever got this interesting reaction from local journalists. Only in Glasgow.”

However, Strathclyde Police found no evidence to support Thomson’s complaint. “Frankly, it was laughable,” a source told Telegraph Sport.

Ooops.

Meanwhile Strathclyde Police have dropped an investigation into a complaint by the chief correspondent of Channel 4 news, Alex Thomson, that he had been threatened physically by other journalists after arriving in Glasgow to cover the story. In a blog entry that was widely repeated in newspapers and such media sites as UK Press Gazette, Thomson wrote: “What I didn’t expect were the insults (and in at least one case, a direct physical threat) not from fans but from Scottish journalists. Sarajevo, Mogadishu, Kabul, Islamabad, Tripoli, Baghdad... I could bore you with more - in none of these places have I ever got this interesting reaction from local journalists. Only in Glasgow.”

However, Strathclyde Police found no evidence to support Thomson’s complaint. “Frankly, it was laughable,” a source told Telegraph Sport.

Ooops.

Familiar term for a newcomer to the Glasgow football teams to come up with.

This is what he gets for allowing himself to be dragged into Rangers hating by Celtic fans/bloggers. They tried and tried and tried to get an English journo on board..... I even seen the Tweets from desperados begging English journos to get involved...

Until finally, poor Alex was the one who took the bait. (should have know right there and then that he was gullible)

Then, Tomo, up to teach the diddy scottish journos how to do their job gets amateurishly taken for a ride by a fake Twitter account.

No idea why people waste their time making fake accounts but i bet that person was pissing himself laughing. (until the police chapped his door, of course. But still)

No credibility left, and he only has himself to blame. He cant even lace the boots of those Scottish journos he claimed were crap at their jobs now, lol.

This is what he gets for allowing himself to be dragged into Rangers hating by Celtic fans/bloggers. They tried and tried and tried to get an English journo on board..... I even seen the Tweets from desperados begging English journos to get involved...

Until finally, poor Alex was the one who took the bait. (should have know right there and then that he was gullible)

Then, Tomo, up to teach the diddy scottish journos how to do their job gets amateurishly taken for a ride by a fake Twitter account.

No idea why people waste their time making fake accounts but i bet that person was pissing himself laughing. (until the police chapped his door, of course. But still)

No credibility left, and he only has himself to blame. He cant even lace the boots of those Scottish journos he claimed were crap at their jobs now, lol.

Outsiders don't understand what the Glasgow teams are all about and even less about the deep hatred they have to us.

Outsiders don't understand what the Glasgow teams are all about and even less about the deep hatred they have to us.

I agree.

I was once an outsider myself and have tried to explain the rivalry many times to friends/relatives down south. You have to live here for a while to understand it fully.

Ffs, what a thick cunt. Goes strangely silent on twitter when every time he's been found out for a fraud, which seems quite often lately! laugh.gif

I've noticed he's quite argumentative on Twitter.

Not many journo's are like that.

Then again, they're professionals and not gullible, taking the bait at every opportunity.

Proper journalists know better...... Even Glasgow ones who apparently dont know how do their job...

I've noticed he's quite argumentative on Twitter.

Not many journo's are like that.

Then again, they're professionals and not gullible, taking the bait at every opportunity.

Proper journalists know better...... Even Glasgow ones who apparently dont know how do their job...

And the bait is set... 10310.gif

I agree.

I was once an outsider myself and have tried to explain the rivalry many times to friends/relatives down south. You have to live here for a while to understand it fully.

I didn't necessary mean a non Glaswegian or as in in you have to live here. but as you say you have to have lived amongst at the very least our fans in supporting us to get a feeling for it, not what this clown did and thought he was an expert after a month or two of paid work.