Miller v TBK

TheCutch

Hi Guys,

Just been reading GS's Daily Record thread, and it would appear that the majority of people have an issue with Bill Miller.

I have no favourite bid, as I (as i am sure we all do) only want what is best for The Rangers.

But the point of this thread is the following :

People seem to have made their minds up on the Miller bid using bits and pieces the media have thrown us.

But as far as I am aware, only 1 Rangers supporter has had a serious discussion with Miller, and his plans for the club. This supporter doesn't seem to be able to speak highly enough about the guy, and his future plans for The Rangers.

In fact, this supporter actually made a comment yesterday which made me think that Miller was actually his preferred choice.

Don't have his exact quote to hand, but it went along the lines of, Having spoken to Bill Miller after all the carry on with the SFA he assured me that he was still interested in the club, in a very positive set of talks.

He also then went onto say that he had spoken to TBK and BK many times, and if it was to be them that won, then he would be okay with it.

He has just given me the impression over the past few weeks in interviews that his preferred choice is Miller.

It's only my humble opinion of course, and I may have misread or mis-interprated his thoughts on the matter.

This supporter is (if you haven't worked it out already) our manager.

Super is the only man I can bring myself to trust 100% in all of this, and if he feels the Miller bid will be good for Rangers, then I think we at least need to give it the same open minded thoughts that we have given to TBK and BK.

Just hope this is sorted one way or another quickly, as writing threads like this was not what I imagined doing when I joined the site in January. <cr>

agreed in the fact the only man we trust through out all of this is Mr McCoist . Hes had positive discussions with Miller and seems impressed . Iv no doubt hes spoke to miller more than the Blue Knights have , or the scottish media have , who are telling us what millers offer is and what his plans are . Iv got no personal preffered bidder as yet as my brain has been totally melted in the last couple of months , but i wont be going against Miller ( just yet anyway) Till I learn a bit more about him and his plans

It's the penalties we will face if we take the route that Miller wants that make me hesitant to fully support him but if he gets the assurances that he is after then brilliant,a if he doesn't which I can't possibly see the SPL / SFL agreeing to, plus I am sure the Evening Times said that Club 9 sports are advising him and with Ellis sniffing about him it just take the gloss off his bid for me. 10310.gif

Regardless of which bid wins it appears D&P have yet to learn their lesson and get the preferred bidder done and dusted before sfa/spl can dust off another spanner to throw in the works.

They must know these bids inside out pretty much and it's only the bits they have changed they need to look into surely and then make their decision. Regardless of the fact that it is rangers it it were me I would be having people working round the clock to avoid yet more bad publicity that could hurt my company.

It's the penalties we will face if we take the route that Miller wants that make me hesitant to fully support him but if he gets the assurances that he is after then brilliant,a if he doesn't which I can't possibly see the SPL / SFL agreeing to, plus I am sure the Evening Times said that Club 9 sports are advising him and with Ellis sniffing about him it just take the gloss off his bid for me. 10310.gif

It's not a question of the spl/sfa if his legal team can show that this move to take the club forward is not under a newco in the eyes of the law....well sfa/spl can't then levy charges against the proposed move by Miller.

I think people are maybe forgetting that Ally will know P Murray really well and can't just come out and say that is who he wants and remember Walter gave Murray his full backing when Ng was still involved plus BK has been pretty constant throughout this so the fact he is now joined with TBK means they would be my preference and even if they couldn't get a CVA and had to form a Newco i'd probably trust them more than anyone.

1335599831' post='1059989228']

It's not a question of the spl/sfa if his legal team can show that this move to take the club forward is not under a newco in the eyes of the law....well sfa/spl can't then levy charges against the proposed move by Miller.

Aye ED I sort of get that and if that was the case he has played a blinder and would be the sort of astute business man we need at this time but to put it in his terms is it not a bit of a Hail Mary. By the time he gets an answer if it is not positive are we not fucked.vi am thinking about the players leaving under the terms of their new contracts.

The Miller bid is complex with regard to newco or not, and most of that seems designed to put pressure on Whyte, but it also removes him as a potential obstacle to our ongoing existence.

The 'Haymaker' bid is (if it is as reported) pathetic. BK originally offered £5m, and oh look, he has offered £5m. TBK originally offered to remove ticketus' £25m from the creditors list (which was dismissed by the administrators) and now they are offering to remove £8m of debenture credit from the list (which Miller seems to have done anyway as well).

If there was no other option, then the BK/TBK bid would be acceptable, but in reality, we have something that looks like another half-hearted attempt. Did they not know what Miller's offer was? Because everyone else in the country did. A Haymaker bid would have smashed him out of the water, with clarity.

Those who denigrate Miller should consider:

Who has been open and transparent about their bid and plans?

Are BK/TBK guaranteeing a CVA?

Is Bill Miller guaranteeing a newco?

Anyone reading some of my previous posts might assume I would say this, and that I have some anti-TBK agenda, I don't. My favoured option from the start was Brian Kennedy, I honestly believed that this time, they would join forces in our darkest hour and save the day, and what I have read about their bid today just makes me feel thoroughly disappointed.

If the administrators choose Miller, and he liquidates the club, forms a newco, and all that, don't blame him, he always said it was possible, don't blame the administrators, their choice seems clear based on the options, blame the other bidders who have failed, repeatedly, to step up to the mark.

Aye, he's been open and transparent but TBK want to keep us in our current entity. That's not the route Miller is wanting to go down.

They may want to, does a £5m CVA pot guarantee it?

I am just concerned that we get fooled into believing in their good intentions, and the end result is the same anyway.

Bill Miller WANTS to keep us in our current entity, he also has a plan that he is open about as the alternative.

Aye ED I sort of get that and if that was the case he has played a blinder and would be the sort of astute business man we need at this time but to put it in his terms is it not a bit of a Hail Mary. By the time he gets an answer if it is not positive are we not fucked.vi am thinking about the players leaving under the terms of their new contracts.

Hopefully they are put under severe pressure by his legal team for an answer. Or once again it can be seen as a deliberate ploy by the spl/sfa to hamper us. Will find out next week I would say, knowing the American mindset he could slap a claim in against them for constructive barriers to buying the club.

Different people look at problems in a different way, hence mini and Millers appproach.

This is where it'll get complicated.

People must remember that the Administrators role is to get the best deal for the creditors. Not the club.

This means if they feel that Millers bid gets the best deal for the creditors, but means Liquidation and a NewCo, then they will do that, as that will make the most business sense.

I'm afraid sentimentality and less money won't go very far for TBK.

if reports are correct then millers bid is the best and more likely to be accepted by Debtors, either bid could still mean a newco, if they dont get accepted it's defo a newco anyway the point is had they did this weeks ago we would not have faced the new SPL sanctions, it would have to have been under the current rules so sanctions would not have been as bad, dont forget millers way allows him to continue legally with our name and history, people just dont read things on here and keep asking the same dam question, without reading the answer

Can I ask something?

Can there not be an account set up by TBK to take advance share contributions which could be used as proof of how serious the ordinary fans want to be a part of saving the Club.

This would force D&P to acknowledge that TBK have the solid backing of us all and therefore have to be the proffered bidders.

Just a thought....

This is where it'll get complicated.

People must remember that the Administrators role is to get the best deal for the creditors. Not the club.

This means if they feel that Millers bid gets the best deal for the creditors, but means Liquidation and a NewCo, then they will do that, as that will make the most business sense.

I'm afraid sentimentality and less money won't go very far for TBK.

The role of the administrators is:

(a) rescue a company as a going concern;

(b) achieve a better price for the company’s assets or otherwise realise their value more

favourably for the creditors as a whole than would be likely if the company were

wound up (without first being in administration); or

© in certain circumstances, realise the value of property in order to make a distribution

to one or more preferential creditors.

Primary objective as laid out in Iiquidation and Insolvency Scoltand is to

(a) rescue a company as a going concern;

My gut is telling me TBK are the best.

I'd just feel more secure in the hands of respected businessmen who really know what we are about and what our club means to us rather than a foreigner.

Bill Miller may be a good guy, great businessman and have good plans but I just can't fully back such an outsider after the last cunt in charge.

I can't really explain it but something doesn't sit right with me in regards to Millers bid.