When American sites use Tims to write about our club

Shane

In terms of typical home matchday attendance, ManU is certainly bigger than Celtic and Rangers. Arsenal is about the same as Celtic - Rangers is a bit less but only because we have a smaller stadium. Newcastle has a slightly bigger stadium than Ibrox, but as far as I'm aware, typical matchday attendances are slightly less than Rangers, or about the same.

Go away.

In terms of typical home matchday attendance, ManU is certainly bigger than Celtic and Rangers. Arsenal is about the same as Celtic - Rangers is a bit less but only because we have a smaller stadium. Newcastle has a slightly bigger stadium than Ibrox, but as far as I'm aware, typical matchday attendances are slightly less than Rangers, or about the same.

According to the figures for the 2011-2012 season:

Manchester United..75,381

Arsenal..59,995

Celtic..49,967

Newcastle United..49,799

Manchester City..46,992

Rangers..46,519

Rangers is in possession of a stadium capable of matching the attendances of Celtic, the Toon and City. Now, there is much to be said about the quality of the opposition that Rangers face in comparison to the Toon and City.

Just posted this in response:

"Yet another bitter CFC supporter attempting to paint Rangers as the epitome of evil whilst conveniently ignoring the sins of his own saintly team. It's becoming far more than a joke; these supporters would have the world believe that Celtic are God's chosen few and that their team and supporters have never once been guilty of bringing the game into disrepute. The reality, as any sane person might suspect, is far, far different from what the spin-meisters at Celtic Park would have you believe.

While pointing the finger at others and screaming about bigotry, CFC supporters have: Dressed in monkey suits and hurled bananas and abuse at black Rangers' player Mark Walters in his debut during an OF derby at Celtic Park. Made taunting airplane gestures at American Claudio Reyna after the 9/11 attacks. They have hurled coins and actively intimidated referees (Hugh Dallas required stitches after being struck by a coin thrown by one of CFC's support), housed and covered up paedophiles within their own walls (google Jim Torbett and CFC photographer John Cullen), caused more than their fair share of mayhem in Scotland and Europe, ridiculed the minute's silence for Britain's war dead, the list goes on and on. I'm not saying Rangers are innocents in swadling clothes by any means, and I thoroughly condemn the actions of David Murray and Craig Whyte in particular, but this very one sided smear campaign has to be called out for what it is. I would urge all readers here to visit http://ifyouknowtheirhistory.blogspot.com/ , as this will very clearly tell you why "people in glass houses...".

According to the figures for the 2011-2012 season:

Manchester United..75,381

Arsenal..59,995

Celtic..49,967

Newcastle United..49,799

Manchester City..46,992

Rangers..46,519

Rangers is in possession of a stadium capable of matching the attendances of Celtic, the Toon and City. Now, there is much to be said about the quality of the opposition that Rangers face in comparison to the Toon and City.

Also think back to before the rhatigans went on that run the missing hordes and if they hadn't went on that run and our decline, that figure would have been a lot lower.

In fairness, it's not hard to see why it's been easy to label Rangers as the "establishment" club. Rangers, for example, upheld the dignity of Scottish amateurism long after those lovable rogues at the Eastern Necropolis had binned it. Then, while the Tims' club may be the club of Fathers and Brothers, Rangers has had a stream of patricians at the head of the club, men of substance such as Struth and Waddell. But, perhaps most of all, Rangers has Ibrox. Nothing screams "establishment" quite so loud as the magnificent edifice that is the Struth Stand ... it's everything "establishment" is taken to mean; sturdy and solid, built to last.

:lol:

Pathetic.

I was just thinking the same! What a bitter bunch of c*nts. If ever there was a season Celtic have been rank rotten and fairly pumped by most teams in the SPL it was under Mowbray. When do Celtic ever take a refereeing decision 'on the chin'.

I wrote to Bleacher Report and expressed my disgust at their lack of standards in posting this tripe. I got the following reply:

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out and for voicing your concerns regarding this piece. Our Content Team will review the article and may take action if necessary.

Once again, we really appreciate your candidness and assure you we take these matters seriously.

Thank you. If you have any other questions, concerns, or suggestions, do not hesitate to contact us.

-Vince Vuong

Fair enough - at least they replied.

• 4 months later...

This is still on-going. Daniel O'Connell, who in all his time writing for BR has only two comments on his profile, one from "gerrybhoy Kelly" and one from 3names himself, is still being given a platform to spread absolute horseshit and hate about our club. His last two headlines include: Why Rangers Haven't Been Punished Enough & Rangers Football Club Already Making Trouble

Bleacher Report is one of the largest independent sport sites in the US. Letting these wee-Phils take their orders from on high and spread their bigoted ideas about our clubs and its fans around the globe can no longer continue. Let these cunts know.

*email: info@bleacherreport.com or corrections@bleacherreport.com

on twitter: @BleacherReport

1335853295' post='1059998875']

There was an article posted here a while ago about the clubs with the biggest support in the uk, suppose that would cover it?

Believe it went something like

Man U

Man City

Arsenal

Rangers

Celtic

Man Utd. 4.3 million UK followersLiverpool. 3.2MArsenal 2.3MChelsea 1.5MRangers 1.5M