Contrasting mood

ogbg

It seems that on here the opinion is roughly even for Blue Knights and Miller options but on FF it is basically 99% in favour of TBK and very anti-Miller. Are folk on here being naive or are those on FF being led by Dingwall?

It makes me worry that, even if the Miller deal is the right one for the club (which I have no reason to believe either way right now), we will lose many fans if/when he implements his plans.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that on here the opinion is roughly even for Blue Knights and Miller options but on FF it is basically 99% in favour of TBK and very anti-Miller. Are folk on here being naive or are those on FF being led by Dingwall?

It makes me worry that, even if the Miller deal is the right one for the club (which I have no reason to believe either way right now), we will lose many fans if/when he implements his plans.

Not being a visitor to FF, I don't know whether the members of FF are 100% confident of TBK or not, but from what I have read on here and what I've picked up on rewading between the lines, it is possible that Mr Dingwall and his power on FF is leading to such a high approval of TBK over the American led consortium.

The campaign for mini has been allowed to get away with much more on FF than here.

Folk on here are a lot more clued up.

It'll all resolve itself once the club changes hands.

Either way, we will all have to get behind the new owners.

We know as much about Miller as we do TBK - except PM was once on our board - anyone who stops following based on whomever wins aint much of a fan. Any new owner is going to need all our support - there are tough decisions to be make and tough times ahead. I have no time for any fan who walks away based on a new owner not being their 'perceived' choice - in fact any fan walking away in a Newco situation aint much of a fan either - that implies the club is the corporate identity and not the history and fan base but some legal entity.

We know as much about Miller as we do TBK - except PM was once on our board - anyone who stops following based on whomever wins aint much of a fan. Any new owner is going to need all our support - there are tough decisions to be make and tough times ahead. I have no time for any fan who walks away based on a new owner not being their 'perceived' choice - in fact any fan walking away in a Newco situation aint much of a fan either - that implies the club is the corporate identity and not the history and fan base but some legal entity.

(tu)

All forums have opinion formers so generic moods can be judged because of their input.

However, I don't think it's all that correct to say forum A backs bidder A or forum B backs bidder B. It's like saying a certain pubs doesn't rate McCulloch or an RSC that doesn't like McCoist.

One has to delve a bit deeper than that to gauge fan opinion.

All forums have opinion formers so generic moods can be judged because of their input.

However, I don't think it's all that correct to say forum A backs bidder A or forum B backs bidder B. It's like saying a certain pubs doesn't rate McCulloch or an RSC that doesn't like McCoist.

One has to delve a bit deeper than that to gauge fan opinion.

I'm certainly not saying that they officially back it. I'm just talking about the proportion of posts that I've read one way or the other (99% is a complete guess by the way!) My worry is that Miller's bid will be bad for us, even if it isn't actually bad in principle, because so many folk are talking about ceasing their support. You don't really get that sense from reading this forum.

I'm certainly not saying that they officially back it. I'm just talking about the proportion of posts that I've read one way or the other (99% is a complete guess by the way!) My worry is that Miller's bid will be bad for us, even if it isn't actually bad in principle, because so many folk are talking about ceasing their support. You don't really get that sense from reading this forum.

The fact is and always has been thus:

We don't know what bid is the best one because we're not privvy to the details. For anyone to back (or write off) any bid was always going to be folly without knowing much, much more.

That's still the case.

It's obvious why people are unsure and skeptical regarding Bill Miller's bid. Our previous 2 owners have made it so difficult for our support to trust anyone. I would love to give Bill Miller my backing but I just don't know enough about him. I favour TBKs bid because if the past few years have taught us anything then it is that Rangers should never again be owned by one individual person.

Ceasing their support?

Fuck them. Thats all I can say. Fuck each and every one of them.

It's obvious why people are unsure and skeptical regarding Bill Miller's bid. Our previous 2 owners have made it so difficult for our support to trust anyone. I would love to give Bill Miller my backing but I just don't know enough about him. I favour TBKs bid because if the past few years have taught us anything then it is that Rangers should never again be owned by one individual person.

...then you of course don't give backing to the Blue Knights either for the same reasons correct?

The fat bloke who run f/f won't allow people to say bad about tbk. Have to ask ourself what's Millers thinking why pay 12 million to hopefully get a cva? Then he will need to invest in other mess he will find our club in he will make nae cash back

On FF there are a select few who are shouting the anti-Miller stuff from the rooftops and are shouting down any opposition to TBK's. The rest of the posters on there are either being dragged along with the anti-Miller hysteria or if they are being accused of having their heads in the sand

None of us know which bid will be best for the future. I have my reservations about both. However I feel TBK will be more accountable to the fans. You only have to look to Blackburn to see the carnage the wrong type of foreign owner can bring. At the end of the day whoever takes us over deserves time to fix the mess we have become.

What we all have in common is a desire to get our club back where it belongs.

...then you of course don't give backing to the Blue Knights either for the same reasons correct?

It's true that I don't know a great deal about TBKs either but I would be more comfortable with a variety of people running Rangers rather than one man calling the shots. To be clear I am not against Bill Miller, if he takes us over he will get my full backing just like Craig Whyte got when he arrived but my preference would be for a consortium.

Far too much of the Rangers will lose history if BM takes over rubbish on FF doing Timmys job for them.

Thing some of them need to understand is Rangers are about to run out of money in weeks if not days, Ally said last week it might even be before the end of May, chasing away a guy that wants to put £11m into the club is maybe not the best idea right now.

After Saturday we have no income, 2 weeks after that the players go back to 100% pay or all walk out the door for nothing. Millers plan is a 100 times better than potentially facing a winding up order and having Ibrox & MP sold on the open market anything could happen then.

It's true that I don't know a great deal about TBKs either but I would be more comfortable with a variety of people running Rangers rather than one man calling the shots. To be clear I am not against Bill Miller, if he takes us over he will get my full backing just like Craig Whyte got when he arrived but my preference would be for a consortium.

Fair enough then mate. (tu)

Millers plan is a 100 times better than potentially facing a winding up order and having Ibrox & MP sold on the open market anything could happen then.

That's a good point. It's often painted as just 2 options for the administrators when there's actually three.