Is it now time for an elected fans spokesperson ?

How about Jim Hannah? He is already the fans liaison officer and is well respected both within the club and amongst the support. Could do worse than him in my view, given that some of the names mentioned are not exactly great uniters of the support.

What school did he go to? :lol:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's a one man only job. We have a fragmented fan base and fragmented fan representation.

Mark Dingwall runs the RST but I don't know anyone in RST and I know plenty Gers fans. He isn't a bad speaker but is apparently very unpopular with many fans. He also appears to have his own agenda.

Andy Kerr is the Assembly president but I don't know how the Assembly works or appoints it's hierarchy. He seems a decent enough guy but the Assembly doesn't speak often or loudly enough for my liking.

John McMillan is president of the Rangers Supporters Association and is probably voted in when the various supporters clubs hold an AGM. He has said very little throughout all this.

All three organisations do not represent either myself, my family or my friends all of whom are Rangers fans. There are many thousands of Rangers fans who have no representation whatsoever. If the three existing organisations are to remain separate then we should have a committee consisting of a representative from each plus at least one independent individual fan unconnected to any of the existing fan groups. For example, there is no representative for the minority shareholders.

Perhaps the best idea is to change the Assembly to encompass the season ticket holders. Let them decide by ballot. I still think that a committee is best to ensure no one individual uses the position for his own ends.

If e come out of this with the company intact and all shares still active..then as any business have the shareholders decide, and as a sign of good faith from the majority shareholders allow the minority holders to vote.

How about Jim Hannah? He is already the fans liaison officer and is well respected both within the club and amongst the support. Could do worse than him in my view, given that some of the names mentioned are not exactly great uniters of the support.

I take it that my suggestion of Mr T Daniels has not met with your approval.

OK then what about Ross Blythe from the assembly ?.

I take it that my suggestion of Mr T Daniels has not met with your approval.

OK then what about Ross Blythe from the assembly ?.

I dont think Ross Blyth's senior figure Andy Kerr would look fondly on that

Perhaps the best idea is to change the Assembly to encompass the season ticket holders. Let them decide by ballot. I still think that a committee is best to ensure no one individual uses the position for his own ends.

I thought it did already?