Is it now time for an elected fans spokesperson ?

We all know that as Rangers fans we all have different opinions on how the club is run. From coaching players to catering deals. From tactics to merchandising. We all have our differing opinions on all issues regarding the Rangers. But for too long now we have certain individuals who seem to be the media's go to people when they want the fan's perspective on an issue. Said people do not speak for me and I find it infuriating to know that the wider public assume that these people speak for the majority when they quite clearly don't. Which is why I think that after we are out of this mess we are in at the moment we should somehow elect a fans spokesperson. Whether it be an email sent every few years to everyone on Rangers' ticket database so they can cast a vote on their prefered candidate I don't know. When elected the spokesperson would then speak for the majority of Rangers fans.

I don't know if there would be an appetite for such a scheme but going by the reaction of our fans regarding the Bill Miller debacle then I think there is.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know that as Rangers fans we all have different opinions on how the club is run. From coaching players to catering deals. From tactics to merchandising. We all have our differing opinions on all issues regarding the Rangers. But for too long now we have certain individuals who seem to be the media's go to people when they want the fan's perspective on an issue. Said people do not speak for me and I find it infuriating to know that the wider public assume that these people speak for the majority when they quite clearly don't. Which is why I think that after we are out of this mess we are in at the moment we should somehow elect a fans spokesperson. Whether it be an email sent every few years to everyone on Rangers' ticket database so they can cast a vote on their prefered candidate I don't know. When elected the spokesperson would then speak for the majority of Rangers fans.

I don't know if there would be an appetite for such a scheme but going by the reaction of our fans regarding the Bill Miller debacle then I think there is.

I propose Mark Dingwall. :rolleyes:

I propose a ship called Dignity. :rolleyes:

I propose a toast......."The Queen!" (hip-hip.......replacement) :rolleyes:

CB I very much appreciated your PM to run a campaign to have me installed as spokesman. Alas (yip many) I am a very shy and reserved individual and could not possibly handle the fame.... limelight .......and the media scrum.

This wouldnt work as we have seen in the past it always starts out with good intentions but then fails.

How you you decide who gets a vote aswell, we could have it as ST holders, RSC members but this excludes a huge amount of fans and we would be back at stage 1 where a person elected doesnt represent eveyone.

But if Bluedignity wants it he will have to fight Blouie to the death

CB I very much appreciated your PM to run a campaign to have me installed as spokesman. Alas (yip many) I am a very shy and reserved individual and could not possibly handle the fame.... limelight .......and the media scrum.

(CB scrambles about PM's to try and find this alleged campaign......doesn't find evidence of same.....realises, eventually, that he's been the target of that ruthless 'stingster', Edmiston Drive, who uses subterfuge and confusion to lure dafties like wot' I murr to do his nefarious dirty deeds for him.......and so he falls for it!!) :sherlock:

No probs ED.....I hope my campaign gets off the ground. :rolleyes:

This wouldnt work as we have seen in the past it always starts out with good intentions but then fails.

How you you decide who gets a vote aswell, we could have it as ST holders, RSC members but this excludes a huge amount of fans and we would be back at stage 1 where a person elected doesnt represent eveyone.

But if Bluedignity wants it he will have to fight Blouie to the death

Yeah I understand about the difficulties on deciding who gets a vote. I just thought I'd through the idea out there and see if there was any solutions.

What about his brother Tommy :crabflute:

Behave....... :sherlock:

TD is a true blue, of that there is no doubt, but in this day and age his, well.....to be blunt, shipyard-shop-floor style of dialogue wouldn't go down too well with the Sky Sports and others of this oh-so-PC world.

The bunnett and the muffler would be good TV though...I'll grant you that. :D

Chic Murray lives. :sherlock:

I don't think it's a one man only job. We have a fragmented fan base and fragmented fan representation.

Mark Dingwall runs the RST but I don't know anyone in RST and I know plenty Gers fans. He isn't a bad speaker but is apparently very unpopular with many fans. He also appears to have his own agenda.

Andy Kerr is the Assembly president but I don't know how the Assembly works or appoints it's hierarchy. He seems a decent enough guy but the Assembly doesn't speak often or loudly enough for my liking.

John McMillan is president of the Rangers Supporters Association and is probably voted in when the various supporters clubs hold an AGM. He has said very little throughout all this.

All three organisations do not represent either myself, my family or my friends all of whom are Rangers fans. There are many thousands of Rangers fans who have no representation whatsoever. If the three existing organisations are to remain separate then we should have a committee consisting of a representative from each plus at least one independent individual fan unconnected to any of the existing fan groups. For example, there is no representative for the minority shareholders.

Perhaps the best idea is to change the Assembly to encompass the season ticket holders. Let them decide by ballot. I still think that a committee is best to ensure no one individual uses the position for his own ends.

How about Jim Hannah? He is already the fans liaison officer and is well respected both within the club and amongst the support. Could do worse than him in my view, given that some of the names mentioned are not exactly great uniters of the support.