Is it now time for an elected fans spokesperson ?

I cant believe no one has proposed WVB :h34rt: :h34rt: :h34rt: yet - take a look at his rep - he must be the man to take the flak - to speak for us.

His blazer will be cheaper than other options as well.

Until he gets that 1000’th rep he will not be my first choice!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant believe no one has proposed WVB :h34rt: :h34rt: :h34rt: yet - take a look at his rep - he must be the man to take the flak - to speak for us.

Its already been decided that it has to be someone with a season ticket, who goes to games, so that counts him out.

I dont think we should have one man speaking for over a million fans because not everyone will agree.

Its much better having different factions, all offering opinions.

For example, when Dingwall was speaking for all of us on STV... we should have had at least two others offering opinion as well.

The vast majority of the fans don't know any of the fans "spokesmen" (RSA, RST, SuppAssc) from Adam. Only those online would have a clue to some of them. Even at that going by this website Dingwall has been so demonised that he would have no chance, although lots of fans think he has done well on TV.

A one man one vote mass organisation would be great, but it should have been done years ago. Once the club's future is assured we can start discussions on that, if there is a call for it. My own opinion is that most fans are not interested, they await the next millionaire.

Its already been decided that it has to be someone with a season ticket, who goes to games, so that counts him out.

Who decided the rules :rolleyes: did they have authority to do that on my behalf :rolleyes:

I also realise his (WVB) travel expenses would take him into the same expense bracket as others lunch bills. My Bad.

You're a sad bastard.

We can only wonder why WVB's popularity upsets you so much. And wasn't the locked thread enough of an embarrassment to you already?

I dont think we should have one man speaking for over a million fans because not everyone will agree.

Its much better having different factions, all offering opinions.

For example, when Dingwall was speaking for all of us on STV... we should have had at least two others offering opinion as well.

How are you going to ensure that happens?, we don't control the media. No TV prog is going to have 3 Rangers fans all basically singing from the same hymn sheet.

I've been a shareholder and season ticket holder (x 3) for years and never been given any opportunity to vote/say anything with regard to Rangers Assembly.

I thought being a season ticket holder, or a member of an RSC automatically made you a member, I know that I’m a member by default, but I’ve never heard anything from them.

If a fan's spokesman/woman was to happen it would need to be strictly a non-paid role, bringing money into these sort of things just edges closer to possible corruption.

I simply think this is not possible as the support although technically is one we are fractured and its too hard to nominate a single figure without there being everyone under one umbrella.

You're a sad bastard.

We can only wonder why WVB's popularity upsets you so much. And wasn't the locked thread enough of an embarrassment to you already?

I am a sad bastard - correct - its whay I spend my free time lurking on this internet forum.

Now wrt WVB. He is my hero and his popularity does not upset me - I revel in the fact my hero is idolised.

Now why does it upset YOU that I have this wee infactuation with him ? Are you jealous ?

I await your normal swearing attempt at a put down instead of any intelligent - or even witty reposte as you seem slightly wary of anything that is not at least 80% intense.

How are you going to ensure that happens?, we don't control the media. No TV prog is going to have 3 Rangers fans all basically singing from the same hymn sheet.

Dont get anyone on at all then.

Those STV chats annoy me. I much prefer the Sky Sports method where they show a succession of short clips of fan opinion from Bluenoses outside Ibrox.

One man speaking for the majority makes a mockery of our democratic values.

Those STV chats annoy me. I much prefer the Sky Sports method where they show a succession of short clips of fan opinion from Bluenoses outside Ibrox.

Even then some of those sky fan views are stage manged.....................years and mean years ago I was sitting inside Ibrox when a guy I knew came in and asked him what he was up to............he drank in the Rosevale and Walter told him to get over to Ibrox as sky wanted to interview fans.

Now the same thing could be still on the go , as they get in touch with someone to get interviews outside the stadium........only saying that this could be the case as was years ago.

Not very sensible is it ?

Even then some of those sky fan views are stage managed.....................years and mean years ago I was sitting inside Ibrox when a guy I knew came in and asked him what he was up to............he drank in the Rosevale and Walter told him to get over to Ibrox as sky wanted to interview fans.

Now the same thing could be still on the go , as they get in touch with someone to get interviews outside the stadium........only saying that this could be the case as was years ago.

Could well be but Sky Sports seems to try and keep it as objective as possible. They make sure its opinions that counter each other most of the time.

(unless fans are pissed off about something obvious then that will obviously be everyone singing from the same sheet)

Could well be but Sky Sports seems to try and keep it as objective as possible. They make sure its opinions that counter each other most of the time.

(unless fans are pissed off about something obvious then that will obviously be everyone singing from the same sheet)

Point taken bud 00000042.gif

I think part of the problem is that we have a number of fans' groups, each with their own spokesperson. These people then talk to the media and are assumed to be representing the Rangers fans as a whole, when in fact they are only representing the members of their own group or organisation.

We need one and only one fans group in my opinion. This would allow all the fans to join and have a democratic say in the actions of the group and also who represents them.

Personally we should close down the RST, RSA et al and simply start again. There is no doubt that it would be difficult to organise but if we are to be accurately represented and have a group that is capable of properly representing the fans then I think that is what is required.

If a fan's spokesman/woman was to happen it would need to be strictly a non-paid role, bringing money into these sort of things just edges closer to possible corruption.

I simply think this is not possible as the support although technically is one we are fractured and its too hard to nominate a single figure without there being everyone under one umbrella.

I disagree.

I own an umbrella (several actually :D) and I'm as corruptable as the next politician, so I nominate myself.

Note: I'm not exactly photogenic so I could wear one of those all-in-one burkas with the eyes only showing...trouble is, I'm cross-eyed into the bargain which tends to make me look shifty....so I'd need to wear sunglasses at the same time. :ph34r:

The end result - a fans' spokesman that looks like a short-sighted member of Al Qaeda. :ph34r:

Did I mention my sta-sta-sta-sta-stammer? :pipe:

On second thoughts.....I withdraw my nomination. :party:

I think this thread sums up how difficult it is to actually get someone in the role that everyone would support. When you have so many fans groups it's going to be very difficult for anyone who does this to get support from them all. There are a few issues:

1) We need to start getting across a proper message. Football in this country is more political than it ever was. Not in the sense of party politics but in the sense that groups lobby for certain outcomes. People on here saying they would prefer random opinions from guys outside Ibrox are not grasping that. Celtic fans are organised and, much as their message is utterly mental,they are able to influence people to get what they want. The recent SPL meeting with the Celtic Trust, to discuss Rangers, is a perfect example.

2) You can nominate people but they have to want to do it. They also have to be able to do it in terms of time and also their employers being ok with them doing it. That might rule out some people that would otherwise be ideal.

3) It seems to me that people who've ended up doing media etc have fallen into it more than actually wanted to do it. That was certainly the case with me. I was asked, so I did it. We need to stop eating people alive for trying to do their best to represent the fans, then more people might be willing to give it a try. After I did Scotland Tonight I got plenty of hassle from tims. It's one thing for people to take that abuse off them but something totally different to take it off the people that should be supporting anyone who steps up.

There are lots of Rangers fans out there who have strong opinions but are not represented by any of the current fans groups. As a season ticket holder which one of the groups speaks for me?

Realistically it is going to take more than one person to do this. Even if you could bring all the groups together it would be like a full time job given the media interest.

I think this thread sums up how difficult it is to actually get someone in the role that everyone would support. When you have so many fans groups it's going to be very difficult for anyone who does this to get support from them all. There are a few issues:

1) We need to start getting across a proper message. Football in this country is more political than it ever was. Not in the sense of party politics but in the sense that groups lobby for certain outcomes. People on here saying they would prefer random opinions from guys outside Ibrox are not grasping that. Celtic fans are organised and, much as their message is utterly mental,they are able to influence people to get what they want. The recent SPL meeting with the Celtic Trust, to discuss Rangers, is a perfect example.

2) You can nominate people but they have to want to do it. They also have to be able to do it in terms of time and also their employers being ok with them doing it. That might rule out some people that would otherwise be ideal.

3) It seems to me that people who've ended up doing media etc have fallen into it more than actually wanted to do it. That was certainly the case with me. I was asked, so I did it. We need to stop eating people alive for trying to do their best to represent the fans, then more people might be willing to give it a try. After I did Scotland Tonight I got plenty of hassle from tims. It's one thing for people to take that abuse off them but something totally different to take it off the people that should be supporting anyone who steps up.

There are lots of Rangers fans out there who have strong opinions but are not represented by any of the current fans groups. As a season ticket holder which one of the groups speaks for me?

Realistically it is going to take more than one person to do this. Even if you could bring all the groups together it would be like a full time job given the media interest.

Good post mate. (tu)

Aside from deciding who should speak on our behalf and what they should be saying on our behalf we need to find a man that is not only 100% committed to the job and is well enough informed to discuss the many complex issues being raised at our club at this moment in time and is also dignified and articulate with the time and energy to face the daily onslaught of media interest that would come with the position?

Basically , the position is far too big for any single individual IMO.