Has Green planned for the transfer ban standing?

From the main site:-

Charles Green, who leads a consortium purchasing Rangers, said: "Our group went into the purchase of the club with this sanction in place but we hoped the decision would at least be commuted. "We fully support the club as it considers an appeal against this latest decision."

This buys him some great time in all this. No funds to be spent, existing contracts only....can sign Aluko on an extension! I'm disappointed, but this may not be as bad for us as we think! I think the priority was always going to be trying to finish second and qualify for Europe next season!! That is still VERY much the case!! (tu) We do at least have a good blend of youth & experience....most of the players seem to want to stay!!!

From the Administrators comment tonight

Charles Green, who leads a consortium purchasing the Club, said: "Our group went into the purchase of the Club with this sanction in place but we hoped the decision would at least be commuted. We fully support the Club as it considers an appeal against this latest decision."

Imbeciles who never have amounted to anything getting a chance to lay the boot into a big successful organisation. I wish there was away to tell the SFA to FO.

From the Administrators comment tonight

Charles Green, who leads a consortium purchasing the Club, said: "Our group went into the purchase of the Club with this sanction in place but we hoped the decision would at least be commuted. We fully support the Club as it considers an appeal against this latest decision."

Imbeciles who never have amounted to anything getting a chance to lay the boot into a big successful organisation. I wish there was away to tell the SFA to FO.

hmmm.."the Club"

He seemed to be part of the Club two days ago...

cold feet??????

if i was sitting in my mud hut in darkest india and had pledged my rupees to a consortium with the aim of turning the club round ala global brand, european football etc etc,and this happened today.i'd be off like a rat up a drainpipe.and this is what will happen.watch the green consortium explode

It does hopefully give us the opportunity to concentrate on the existing squad and possibly try to renegotiate the contracts of the players who took pay cuts in return for cut price release deals.

If we can offer these guys a little more to stay then we retain the nucleus of a good squad which we can add youth to and possibly bring in some up and coming young guys on loan form the epl or other leagues