Transfers

Manchester United eye Crystal Palace hotshot Wilfried Zaha

Last Updated: January 2, 2013 10:35pm

Sky Sports understands Manchester United are in pursuit of Crystal Palace forward Wilfired Zaha.

The 20-year-old is the Championship's hottest property, with Chelsea,Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham also reported suitors.

United have yet to make an official bid for the player, who made his England debut against Sweden in November, but it is understood Sir Alex Ferguson has been monitoring Zaha since he dazzled in Palace's shock League Cup win at Old Trafford in 2011.

Zaha has already stated his desire to play in the top flight, having made more than 100 Championship appearances.

"I'm not a teenager any more," he said. "I've played more than 100 first-team games and this year is crucial to develop my football career. I want to establish myself in the Premier League and in international football.

"I've played a lot in the Championship so having that new challenge in the Premier League, where everyone wants to be, would be great.

"To be honest, if I had the chance in January and Palace agreed, it's something I'd want to go for."

What is it with fergie trying to sign wingers and strikers when it's plain to see he needs 2 or 3 high quality CM's or CDM's and CB really badly. They still haven't replaced scholes, keane or fletcher and ferdinand and vidic isn't the combo it used to be.

They will get found out in europe if they don't fix their midfield

What is it with fergie trying to sign wingers and strikers when it's plain to see he needs 2 or 3 high quality CM's or CDM's and CB really badly. They still haven't replaced scholes, keane or fletcher and ferdinand and vidic isn't the combo it used to be.

They badly need defenders imo.

Ferdinand is past it & has been for ages.

Bild reporting that Tottenham have offered Lewis Holtby £3.5m to join them. Unsure whether it's for a pre-contract or to buy now.

Definitely leaving Schalke by the summer and has said he wants to move to the Premier League. He's half English and a big Everton fan, but said he would also consider Liverpool who I think have both been linked/rumoured. Arsenal have been strongly linked as well.

Fucking hell fletcher mentioned in the same breath as Keane and scholes

Bild reporting that Tottenham have offered Lewis Holtby £3.5m to join them. Unsure whether it's for a pre-contract or to buy now.

Definitely leaving Schalke by the summer and has said he wants to move to the Premier League. He's half English and a big Everton fan, but said he would also consider Liverpool who I think have both been linked/rumoured. Arsenal have been strongly linked as well.

SSN confirm Holtby to join Spurs in July, another cracking signing by Spurs.

They really are close to pushing for the title, I hope they can do it aswell.

SSN confirm Holtby to join Spurs in July, another cracking signing by Spurs.

They really are close to pushing for the title, I hope they can do it aswell.

Yup, just seen. Just saw my previous post on this, that was meant to see Spurs offered him £3.5m a year, I missed out the "a year" bit.

I think Joleon Lescott could be one of the best pieces of business for any club in January.

I know Mancini has said he won't sell him, but if a bid comes in I think Lescott would want to move on.

Still can't get my head round why Natasic is played infront of him, really don't rate the kid!

I think Joleon Lescott could be one of the best pieces of business for any club in January.

I know Mancini has said he won't sell him, but if a bid comes in I think Lescott would want to move on.

Seen it about Aston Villa looking at him and thought it was a very strange one, don't see Lescott wanting that move, he would be a brilliant piece if business for Villa if they pulled that off but.