Transfers

Solid signing by Arsenal. I'd imagine Chelsea have done this for Cech because of his services to the Club.

Probably wants to stay in London with his family and Arsenal have always been interested.

That's exactly the reason I read. Top signing, 10-15 points a season according to John Terry

Cech's a great signing for Arsenal but missing out on Khedira & Kondogbia is dissapointong.

They still need a couple more players of that calibre if they are to build on last season because City won't be as poor as they were again and Man Utd are going to come back stronger too.

Cech's a great signing for Arsenal but missing out on Khedira & Kondogbia is dissapointong.

They still need a couple more players of that calibre if they are to build on last season because City won't be as poor as they were again and Man Utd are going to come back stronger too.

They have about 4 players good enough to win the title

They have about 4 players good enough to win the title

They've got far more than four players capable of playing a role in a team challenging for the title.

Cech, Bellerin, Debuchy, Koscielny, Coquelin, Wilshere, Cazorla, Ramsey, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott, Sanchez, Ozil, Giroud.

They are still pretty weak in certain areas, but their squad is getting stronger every year.

They've got far more than four players capable of playing a role in a team challenging for the title.

Cech, Bellerin, Debuchy, Koscielny, Coquelin, Wilshere, Cazorla, Ramsey, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott, Sanchez, Ozil, Giroud.

They are still pretty weak in certain areas, but their squad is getting stronger every year.

Good, pish, pish, pish, pish, injury prone, hot n cold, decent, pish, pish, good, decent, pish.

I have no reason to dislike Arsenal in amy way I just really cant see that team ever in a million years winning a prem. There miles behind, and wont strengthen well this summer, atleast not on Man Us Chelsea or Citys level.

Good, pish, pish, pish, pish, injury prone, hot n cold, decent, pish, pish, good, decent, pish.

I have no reason to dislike Arsenal in amy way I just really cant see that team ever in a million years winning a prem. There miles behind, and wont strengthen well this summer, atleast not on Man Us Chelsea or Citys level.

I'm not disagreeing with anything you said in your last paragraph.

I said they need massively strengthen to win the Premiership and I said City & Utd would come back strong this year, but they are adding more strength and depth to their squad every year.

That core of players is far better than the core they had two or three years ago but they need to add proper quality (the be addressed the keeper situation but they need another centre half, a midfield and a stronger striker than Giroud) f they are to ever have a serious chance of winning it and keeping pace over the course of a season.

Cech (not now)

Bellerin (maybe)

Debuchy (no just no)

Koschielny (no)

Coquelin (potential but i doubt it) Wilshere (No)

Santi (Yes)

Ramsey (No)

Oxlade-Chamberlain (No)

Walcott (As a striker maybe)

Sanchez (Yes)

Ozil (Yes)

Giroud (No)

Very few of them are good enough to win the title add Martinez a strong tough tackling defensive midfielder to allow Santi and Sanchez to flourish then maybe but they lack that and they lack a striker with the predatory instinct to finish off chances for them too.

I can't believe arsenal didn't go for khedeira, he would surely have went to them over juve?

They should have gone for Manduzic as well.

Juventus have got themselves an absolute bargain getting one of them on a free and the other for less than 15 million.

They must be one of the best teams around when it comes to working the market. Only Chelsea have matched them in that regard over the past couple of years.

Traore granted work permit for Chelsea.

Lad is a fantastic player and only 19, tore up the Dutch league last season and looked brilliant 2 seasons ago at pre season with Chelsea.

I think he'll go really far.

Looks like they they might pull another good transfer moves off by effectively swapping Song for Mikel as well.

I think they will be the ones to beat again next season and although I keep an eye on Arsenal I'm really hoping Citeh & United come back stronger as well purely because it makes it more fun to watch.

Chelsea fans might love it, but the last thing I want to see is another season that's effectively over my Christmas.

Looks like they they might pull another good transfer moves off by effectively swapping Song for Mikel as well.

I think they will be the ones to beat again next season and although I keep an eye on Arsenal I'm really hoping Citeh & United come back stronger as well purely because it makes it more fun to watch.

Chelsea fans might love it, but the last thing I want to see is another season that's effectively over my Christmas.

I think Chelsea will have one really BIG move coming up, they have not spent any money yet having lots left over from previous sales last season plus the record sponsorship deal they now have. When you combine that with the TV deal negotiated it's pretty likely they have a fair chunk to splash should the right player become available.

The only manager in England I can see getting close to Jose is Van Gaal. Wenger can't get anything over him in over 5 seasons and Pelligrini is on borrowed time, If United spend big again then maybe the will make it go all the way.

I think Chelsea will have one really BIG move coming up, they have not spent any money yet having lots left over from previous sales last season plus the record sponsorship deal they now have. When you combine that with the TV deal negotiated it's pretty likely they have a fair chunk to splash should the right player become available.

The only manager in England I can see getting close to Jose is Van Gaal. Wenger can't get anything over him in over 5 seasons and Pelligrini is on borrowed time, If United spend big again then maybe the will make it go all the way.

I don't know if they need to do that though. You look at all the other teams and you see an obvious weakness where they probably need a big money signing but with Chelsea you don't.

If they were to make one where do you think it would be? A winger perhaps?

I don't know if they need to do that though. You look at all the other teams and you see an obvious weakness where they probably need a big money signing but with Chelsea you don't.

If they were to make one where do you think it would be? A winger perhaps?

Right wing for certain.

They have spent nearly £80 million on that position since Jose came back and still they don't have a player who contributes to assists and goals to a level they should.

Willian is a hard worker and runs all day long but he isn't clinical enough and his assist rate was shocking the past 2 years.

Cuadrado looks to be going the same way as Salah, he looks terrified when on the ball and cant go past a man. If you watch Chelsea you notice near enough everything good happens down the left hand side because of Hazard and as such he's usually surrounded by players but they don't use the right hand side because nothing happens there. It's usually Ivanovic overlapping if anything.

Names like Greizmann, Bale, Reus and even Walcott or Chamberlain have been mooted so far but who knows.

Another area is centre back but that's more of a future thing because JT played one of his best seasons of his career last season but he won't last forever.

Right wing for certain.

They have spent nearly £80 million on that position since Jose came back and still they don't have a player who contributes to assists and goals to a level they should.

Willian is a hard worker and runs all day long but he isn't clinical enough and his assist rate was shocking the past 2 years.

Cuadrado looks to be going the same way as Salah, he looks terrified when on the ball and cant go past a man. If you watch Chelsea you notice near enough everything good happens down the left hand side because of Hazard and as such he's usually surrounded by players but they don't use the right hand side because nothing happens there. It's usually Ivanovic overlapping if anything.

Names like Greizmann, Bale, Reus and even Walcott or Chamberlain have been mooted so far but who knows.

Another area is centre back but that's more of a future thing because JT played one of his best seasons of his career last season but he won't last forever.

I think Sanchez would be ideal for that position and he is such a Mourinho player. I'm actually really surprised they didn't go go him last Summer.

Do you think they might sign Alderweild for centre half? He's been linked with them too IIRC.

I think Sanchez would be ideal for that position and he is such a Mourinho player. I'm actually really surprised they didn't go go him last Summer.

Do you think they might sign Alderweild for centre half? He's been linked with them too IIRC.

Yeah Sanchez would have been the perfect fit and it is strange considering he'd have cost 50 odd million less they have spent on that area.

Yeah I have seen him linked with Luis going back to Atletico, it's a strange one but there also have been rumblings of Zouma being loaned over to Italy so maybe there is something in it.

I think the first 11 Chelsea have pick themselves but it's the quality of the depth that's the issue. If Matic or Fabregas get's injured who comes in? Ramires or Mikel? Both have different attributes but neither can hold a candle to those two.

Left wing is also an issue as there isn't any naturally left footed options should Hazard get an injury (a miracle he managed to go through last season unharmed considering the challenges he gets). Schurrle could fill in but he was sold on.

Song like you say would be a good option for the central midfield and a big upgrade on Mikel but it's the playing time that would be an issue for him.

The Bale's and Pogba's I don't think will move this summer so it's slim pickings really.

Yeah Sanchez would have been the perfect fit and it is strange considering he'd have cost 50 odd million less they have spent on that area.

Yeah I have seen him linked with Luis going back to Atletico, it's a strange one but there also have been rumblings of Zouma being loaned over to Italy so maybe there is something in it.

I think the first 11 Chelsea have pick themselves but it's the quality of the depth that's the issue. If Matic or Fabregas get's injured who comes in? Ramires or Mikel? Both have different attributes but neither can hold a candle to those two.

Left wing is also an issue as there isn't any naturally left footed options should Hazard get an injury (a miracle he managed to go through last season unharmed considering the challenges he gets). Schurrle could fill in but he was sold on.

Song like you say would be a good option for the central midfield and a big upgrade on Mikel but it's the playing time that would be an issue for him.

The Bale's and Pogba's I don't think will move this summer so it's slim pickings really.

I think it is quite slim pickings this Summer. Most of the big names aren't likely to move on so I think a lot of the big clubs are going to have to look at players who are that second tier business end of the Europa League level types and hope that moving on brings them up to to the top level.

I think Cabaye would be an excellent signing for any of the top four, probably Liverpool too actually. I think he's a quality player and the fact he's only being linked with Crystal Palace & Southampton is a strange one to me because he'd be a bargain.

Wijnaldum at PSV as well. He's been excellent and has probably earned a move to a top club but he's being strongly linked with Sunderland & Newcastle <cr>