Transfers

3 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Spurs losing their best player for a very long time, Chelsea being done for Caicedo, and Klopp proving himself to be a hypocrite, and it’s only quarter to 10.

Change it to Liverpool getting fucked over and Chelsea paying £110m for somebody worth nowhere near it. Good day.

19 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

You think he's having 2nd thoughts?

I’ll say no since everything looks like Tottenham are trying to change some things in the deal.

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

Caicedo doesn't want to move to Liverpool :lol:

How fucking gutting is that for the great Klopp?

Offering a British transfer record bid..... announcing the signing publicly 2 hours ago...... then finding out you've been patched by the player :lol:

Would love to have seen Klopps reaction when he got the call saying Caicedo wants to join Chelsea. 

i-dont-understand-what-just-happened-here-ross-geller.gif

16 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Rice was worth about half of his transfer fee aswell but hey ho. "Decent' CDM's going for over 100 is just bonkers tbh.

I haven’t watched enough of West Ham to get the hype, but Rice is statistically one of the best ball carrying midfielders in Europe.

Liverpool would never pay that money for Kane, especially with his age, but if they signed him it would put them right back in proper contention for honours. 

He can do everything Firmino did for them in terms of dropping off and linking play, but he will also score you 30 goals a season doing it.

3 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I haven’t watched enough of West Ham to get the hype, but Rice is statistically one of the best ball carrying midfielders in Europe.

got subbed off against us because he was shite:pipe: but it was preseason. He's alright but mainly just stating the lunacy of the transfer fee.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Spurs and City >

Don’t know why you’d hate English football for doing something that Spain started :lol: 

Maybe you should just stop talking if you don't know something then? 😂

England are currently the ones spending the most money in football, and have dominated spending since 2019. 

They have inflated the market, and it means everyone else pays more, or is underpaid because they're not from that league.

My reasons for hating English football for that are sound, nothing to concern yourself with.

Have a good one.

5 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Maybe you should just stop talking if you don't know something then? 😂

England are currently the ones spending the most money in football, and have dominated spending since 2019. 

They have inflated the market, and it means everyone else pays more, or is underpaid because they're not from that league.

My reasons for hating English football for that are sound, nothing to concern yourself with.

Have a good one.

I feel like English teams are the reason £10-20m players are now going for £40-50m, but La Liga and PSG are the reason £50m players are now going for £100m+.

PSG and La Liga were the ones that made it the norm for the very top players to go for £100m+. Until the last few years most top EPL teams did still spend a lot of money, but it usually capped out around £50-60m on individual players. It now seems like every young player who has a good season abroad is valued at £100m.

Just now, Somemightsay7 said:

I feel like English teams are the reason £10-20m players are now going for £40-50m, but La Liga and PSG are the reason £50m players are now going for £100m+.

PSG and La Liga were the ones that made it the norm for the very top players to go for £100m+. Until the last few years most top EPL teams did still spend a lot of money, but it usually capped out around £50-60m on individual players.

PSG and La Liga started spending more to keep up with the English league. 

English football kicked it off with Sky in the 90s.

Ffs, to that point Manchester United couldn't compete with us to keep Archie Knox.

I have my reasons, I think they're pretty sound.

2 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

PSG and La Liga started spending more to keep up with the English league. 

English football kicked it off with Sky in the 90s.

Ffs, to that point Manchester United couldn't compete with us to keep Archie Knox.

I have my reasons, I think they're pretty sound.

I don't disagree English clubs have ruined it, but they've still never got near to the fees La Liga and PSG went to for Neymar, Mbappe, Coutinho, Felix, Dembele etc which were all £140-150m+. They are the transfers that broke the top end of the market. The Neymar one especially fucked the market. 

6 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

I don't disagree English clubs have ruined it, but they've still never got near to the fees La Liga and PSG went to for Neymar, Mbappe, Coutinho, Felix, Dembele etc which were all £140-150m+. They are the transfers that broke the top end of the market. The Neymar one especially fucked the market. 

If you want to be honest, you could actually level the blame at Saudi, Dubai, Qatar, UAE etc for breaking the top end of the market.

All those high end deals involved back alley situations between sponsors and the clubs etc.

Neymar cash was fronted from Qatar through PSGs fly Emirates sponsorship at the time.

The middle east controls football with money, that's a gripe in itself though, I've always held a grudge to Sky + England for that initial ruining of the market.