Transfers

4 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Chelsea pulling out of the Adams deal now. 

Adams for £20m is a great deal. Would be a good shout for Man Utd if they sell McTominay assuming Liverpool go back for Lavia now. 

Aye looks like they are getting Caicedo as he’s knocked back the Micky Mousers. Brighton could end up with two Rangers fans in the middle of the park in Gilmour and Adams if Adams joins them.

27 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Aye looks like they are getting Caicedo as he’s knocked back the Micky Mousers. Brighton could end up with two Rangers fans in the middle of the park in Gilmour and Adams if Adams joins them.

Didn't even think of Brighton tbf. Adams would be a good shout for them, although they'll probably find some 19 year old Ecuadorian playing in Chile available for a fiver.  

2 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Didn't even think of Brighton tbf. Adams would be a good shout for them, although they'll probably find some 19 year old Ecuadorian playing in Chile available for a fiver.  

Mental when you think about they are selling Caicedo for £110 million and bringing in Adams for £20 million. £90 million of a difference and I don’t think the drop off in quality is that big of a gap.

7 hours ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Don't see how it's a gamble. He's scored consistently at one of the highest rates in the world in the EPL, Champions League and Internationally.

It’s a hunch.  As I said in the post the stats lads won’t agree.  I’m always correct.

Kane to Bayern is a great move. They've needed a talisman up front since Lewandowski left and the Sane, Mane, Gnarby, Coman rotation with a false 9 didn't work last season. 

Bayern have always played with a focal striker; Luca Toni, Mario Gomez, Mario Mandžukić all had great success there and Kane is easily levels above any of them in their prime.

On 12/08/2023 at 18:38, PromDeAnglais said:

Kane to Bayern is a great move. They've needed a talisman up front since Lewandowski left and the Sane, Mane, Gnarby, Coman rotation with a false 9 didn't work last season. 

Bayern have always played with a focal striker; Luca Toni, Mario Gomez, Mario Mandžukić all had great success there and Kane is easily levels above any of them in their prime.

Seen he’s signed a boot deal with Sketchers.

Castore supposed to be entering the boot market too.

6 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Transfer fees can now only be amortised over a maximum of 5 years. 

Can’t see that one standing up if challenged in court. It’s obviously a piss take of the rules, but don’t see the legal ground for UEFA to rule that they can set a maximum length no matter the length of contract of a club is willing to encumber themselves for that length of time…

TBH the whole transfer market has gotten so murky over the last few years I think we really need to be looking at resetting how the whole thing is set up but probably far to many vested interests for that to ever really happen.

11 hours ago, esquire8 said:

That's what I mean. No need for it to be 8 year deal but they go with it anyway. Laughing in the face of it when UEFA have bigger worries with Saudi.

Chelsea are making the dangerous mistake of assuming everyone they sign will be a success so having them on very long contracts can only be a benefit.

The issue Chelsea have is they can amortize all they want now, but it means that over the next 3-5 years they'll have almost no flexibility in the market. 

Very similar to what Barca did will all their "financial levers" - eg. selling all their future revenue for cash upfront. If Chelsea don't get into the champions league and start winning things in the next year or two this is going to end bad.

£60m for Lavia is mad.

Only played 29 competitive games and that was for a team who finished bottom of the league and got relegated. 

If it was a lower price and they were bringing him in with the plan to slowly integrate him into the team over the next 12 months then fair enough, but they need him to be in the first 11 from next week and be their main holding midfielder.

To think people were laughing at Utd spending £60m on Casemiro last season who is probably the best in his position in the world and will easily play another 5+ years.

43 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Neymar getting £260m two year contract with the first year paid up front. Still a retirement home of sorts but how long until they start going for the likes of Haaland n Co?

I think most top players still want to compete in the CL and win top leagues.

I think you'll start to see younger players go than you did so previously with the MLS and China, but mainly around 28+ when they've already won what they wanted to in Europe.

I think it will be very unlikely to see top players in their low to mid 20's move.

Players like Jota were never going to be competing for top 5 leagues or European honours, so you might see younger players in that sort of bracket move.