Transfers

3 hours ago, esquire8 said:

They're coming back with £175m.

I'll be shocked if Liverpool hold firm.

Talk of £200m now. They might tell them they will accept it in January unless they have a replacement or 3 lined up already. Doesn’t give then much time to sign anyone. 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Think Werner could be a smart signing. Just covering his wages so pretty low risk and if it works out the option to buy is apparently £15m which is nothing. He's also a really good presser which is what Spurs want.

Didn't work out at Chelsea but what striker has in the last decade.

Scored 16 goals and 6 assists in 40 games for RB last season but has barely played this.

Had a record of 100 in around 150 games before Chelsea and has something like 25 goals for Germany so there's a player in there.

On 06/01/2024 at 19:53, Somemightsay7 said:

Think Werner could be a smart signing. Just covering his wages so pretty low risk and if it works out the option to buy is apparently £15m which is nothing. He's also a really good presser which is what Spurs want.

Didn't work out at Chelsea but what striker has in the last decade.

Scored 16 goals and 6 assists in 40 games for RB last season but has barely played this.

Had a record of 100 in around 150 games before Chelsea and has something like 25 goals for Germany so there's a player in there.

The only good one they signed

22 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Bayern deserve everything they get. 

Transfer strategy in the last year or so seems massively underwhelming. Kane aside obviously

Constantly linked to bang average players and seem to be competing with Spurs for targets or going after Chelsea rejects. 

54 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Transfer strategy in the last year or so seems massively underwhelming. Kane aside obviously

Constantly linked to bang average players and seem to be competing with Spurs for targets or going after Chelsea rejects. 

They signed Kane, who is the best striker in the world.

They signed Kim, who is one of the best centre backs in the world.

Laimer and Guerreiro on free's from Leipzig and Dortmund.

Their summer window was brilliant. Getting Dier on loan for 6 months as a 5th choice CB to cover for injuries/Asian Cup doesn't change that.

Just now, Somemightsay7 said:

They signed Kane, who is the best striker in the world.

They signed Kim, who is one of the best centre backs in the world.

Laimer and Guerreiro on free's from Leipzig and Dortmund.

Their summer window was brilliant. Getting Dier on loan for 6 months as a 5th choice CB to cover for injuries/Asian Cup doesn't change that.

Maybe not as bad as I made out mate but not talking about just Dier, keep getting linked with bang average players like Chabolah and seem to be linked to players alongside teams below them. 

They also look like they may lose players like Davies, Kimmich and Sane. Also don't think Laimer has been impressing much. 

But yeah fair enough, I'll concede it's probably not time to panic yet. I do think they have slipped a little from the big European powerhouse they were in the last 10 years and I don't really rate Tuchel there either. 

14 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Maybe not as bad as I made out mate but not talking about just Dier, keep getting linked with bang average players like Chabolah and seem to be linked to players alongside teams below them. 

They also look like they may lose players like Davies, Kimmich and Sane. Also don't think Laimer has been impressing much. 

But yeah fair enough, I'll concede it's probably not time to panic yet. I do think they have slipped a little from the big European powerhouse they were in the last 10 years and I don't really rate Tuchel there either. 

I agree Dier is mad. They could have got Davies from us for the same.

I'm assuming they are at the limits of FFP and don't have a tonne of wiggle room after the summer.

I agree with you on Tuchel though, I don't think he's worked out so far, although to be fair to him, their domestic record is actually pretty good, Leverkusen have just been unreal this season.