Transfer Embargo Legal?

geronimoo

The transfer embargo against us says we can only sign players under 18 years old, how would this stand in a court of law.

If we use Rino as an example he has said he wants to come and play at Rangers, Rino is now about 34 years old but under

the SFA he is not allowed as for him to come and play at Rangers he has to be under the age of 18.

If anyone went for a job somewhere and was told they couldn't get it purely on age the employers would be breaking the

law, as far as I'm aware you cannot stop someone from working based on criteria like age, colour, nationality or sexual

preference among other things the only jobs I know where someone can be refused a job based on the person themself

is jobs like toilet atttendant where obviously you couldn't have a man working in a womans toilet and vice versa

with a woman in a mans toilet.

The bottom line is at present people are being refused employment based on their age.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I'm aware there is nothing wrong with us giving him a contract. Or indeed buying a player. However, the sfa will not allow their registration. So we would be paying them, but unable to play them.

My understanding of this is (excluding football I don't know) to punish an employer to be unable to acquire new staff is unacceptable in the current EU mandate...the administrators have said previously the embargo wasn't available to the SFA as a sanction but that's not true because the SFA rules state they can administer any punishment they see fit ( the punishments aren't written in stone) so they can do what the Fuk they want... We should and probably will dispute this at the European court of human rights but by the time it's heard the fuckin embargo will be over... So it might lead to us suing the SFA for negligence !

My understanding of this is (excluding football I don't know) to punish an employer to be unable to acquire new staff is unacceptable in the current EU mandate...the administrators have said previously the embargo wasn't available to the SFA as a sanction but that's not true because the SFA rules state they can administer any punishment they see fit ( the punishments aren't written in stone) so they can do what the Fuk they want... We should and probably will dispute this at the European court of human rights but by the time it's heard the fuckin embargo will be over... So it might lead to us suing the SFA for negligence !

If we sign a player and he is not allowed to earn a win bonus, then I believe he can take it to the big court right away

Big court can close the whole lot down until it is resolved

Worrying about who we can sign is crazy when CG says if we dont get a CVA then shares deal with Whyte is off!

Right... It was SDM and then CW and then TBN's and then D&F's and then BK and then today DK bounces in... I'm gonna need a fuckin BJ to relieve a bit of this stress!!!

and the player wound almost certainly win.

It could also be a player on £200 per week [big win bonus]. He would get legal aid.

Someone on £10,000 per week pay as you play could cost SFA a fortune

Players union might also pay for proceedings

Club can appeal to UEFA seperate which gives UEFA an out

I think it is very winable

Right... It was SDM and then CW and then TBN's and then D&F's and then BK and then today DK bounces in... I'm gonna need a fuckin BJ to relieve a bit of this stress!!!

You could say that all the bids were the initials bids though :uk::21::uk: