Your Happiest Memory Watching Rangers at Ibrox

Rupret

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1972 ish Rangers V Bayern Munich semi final Cup Winners Cup me and my old Grampa who usually had a season ticket in the main stand get into the ground, the game kicks off, Sandy Jardine hits a strange floaty type of cross/shot which seems to travel in slow motion with the crowd already dismissing it as a failed attempt, the Bayern goalie looks lazily at the ball as it floats into the top right hand corner of the net, cue mayhem in the terracing---2 mins later after hugging and jumping around like a mosh pit at a Primal Scream concert I end up about 30 metres away from my Grampa --fantastic

Stuttgart 2-1 win, the second one always stands out for me. First season with my season ticket and first proper taste of Champions League football. Remember walking out being on an unexplainable high, thinking "what the hell did I just experience?". The sort of memories it's all about. Could name a million more, of course.

Without doubt for me it has to be the edu winner and the celebrations that followed.

ps new to posting on the forum so go easy and please no accusations of being from the dark side!

Probs when gazza beat Aberdeen 3 nil to win 8 in a row was only about ten but will allways remember being in awe of the talent the guy had

Gazza8

I was gonna go with kiev game, but opted for this one too. We had a mental nite the nite before, steaming. Sitting with my mates, in the glorious sunshine gazza running amock, glorious. Tears of joy evertime I see that game.

Mcnee was gutted! Haha :)

g

1972 European Cup Semi Final against Bayern Munich!

This This This and This Again.

Will never forget that night at Ibrox - Unbelievable performance from both the team and the supporters.

Was it really 40 years ago?

Seems like yesterday.

This This This and This Again.

Will never forget that night at Ibrox - Unbelievable perfirmance fron both the team and the supporters.

Was it really 40 years ago?

Seems like yesterday.

Yeah...40 years..Jeez!

Happy days then.

Got to be going with my dad the first time to ibrox v dundee

and later in years taking my son to his first rangers game richard goughs testimonial

the hammers first game as well and scored v arsenal with a typical long range rocket

Just family tradition we won both games which was a bonus but they meant so much

and I hope despite the doom & gloom many other dads to come

can experiance and have that feeling I had .