HMRC

When I saw that they were putting in place their own liquidators I had a sinking feeling

but look what Greene has said to he BBC

"We have stated publicly on a number of occasions that our preferred option is a CVA and it's really down to HMRC," added Green.

"HMRC have had the documentation for over a week so, with each day that passes, we have to assume that they are on board.

"It would be awful if they were to announce on the day that they were turning it down.

"If that's their decision, God forbid, then tell us early please and put us out of our misery."

HMRC have had the documentation for a week already !

would they have knocked it back right away if they intended not to accept a CVA ?

HMRC could on one hand say "lets get something,it is better than nothing" or they could say "let's make an example of Rangers as a warning to others,don't fuck with us".

I think they will take the first option as they know football generates some amount of tax and they have now closed the EBT loophole the chances are no one will be going down the route Murray took us down anyway.

I hope i am right. (tu)

I like to live with optimism, I know a few small business owners who've succesfully agreed c.v.a's. And the fact I saw on sky yesterday that portsmouths c.v.a was for 2p in the pound makes ours look like a gold mine!!! Its the rhabbid haters from hampdump im more worried about

HMRC could on one hand say "lets get something,it is better than nothing" or they could say "let's make an example of Rangers as a warning to others,don't fuck with us".

I think they will take the first option as they know football generates some amount of tax and they have now closed the EBT loophole the chances are no one will be going down the route Murray took us down anyway.

I hope i am right. (tu)

In all honesty, the pittance being offered is neither here nor there as far as the public purse is concerned ... what will HMRC end up with after Duff and Phelps has received its wedge? A few hundred thousand?

My other source tells me HMRC will not approve the CVA. He's 100% sure of this (td)

So its a 'Maybes aye - maybes no' according to your sources....

.. my source says '.. Baby dont worry - cause every little thing is going to be alright..' :rolleyes:

They done that with Leeds

Waited till the last day

mmmmm...was that a rejection of a CVA ?...if so, me no likee

I've heard "financial experts" on the wireless saying they couldn't believe HMRC and Ticketus had not been in the loop for this CVA proposal.

mmmmm...was that a rejection of a CVA ?...if so, me no likee

I've heard "financial experts" on the wireless saying they couldn't believe HMRC and Ticketus had not been in the loop for this CVA proposal.

HMRC challenged the Leeds United CVA minutes before the end of the twenty-eight day "cooling off period", although that was as a result of Ken Bates altering one of the clauses.

HMRC challenged the Leeds United CVA minutes before the end of the twenty-eight day "cooling off period", although that was as a result of Ken Bates altering one of the clauses.

so they originally approved the CVA, then a clause was altered after the approval.........any idea what that clause was......

I hope i am right. (tu)

I believe it is Hmrcs intention to still do both .Cva will be approved but the big tax case is not included in Cva so they will still try to make example of us

I would. For one thing, the cost would be astronomical and HMRC could drag it out forever and a day.

Why would it cost the winning side anything, and it wouldn't be drawn out as a prima facie case.