We Will Win the 8 Votes Required for Re-Entry

Ricky_

i'm feling pretty nonchalant about the whole thing really. The tabloids love sensationalising everything and 'RIP Rangers' from the sun must have been ejaculation material for the editors.

We were well prepared for a CVA failing and now look at a similar situation to Leeds with a newco buying "the club" which includes the stadium, assets, players & history. It's not a new club simply a new holding company from the one started in 1899. The major positive is that it's a clean financial slate (a benefit a CVA did not offer) & the biggest negative is that our rivals have a golden piece of ammo they will use forver more. But im sure we are all big enough boys & girls to take it on the chin, after all, the only thing that counts is The Glasgow Rangers, none of the other shite clubs occupying this country & their pathetic fans.

So anyway, on to the SPL or Division 3 arguement. If we are voted back into the SPL but with penalties, i hope we say no thanks and force the vote to be without any sanctions such as 75% reduced revenue or other such bullshit.

Lets put it to the chairmen, we are back in on an even playing field or we go to Div 3.

We will WIN the vote. and heres why;

Sporting integrity doesn't put money in pockets.

These chairmen operate their clubs based upon a business plan and clearly laid out revenue & income, offset against expenditure. This will include complexed forecasts including everything from forecast attendances figures, to TV income, cup income, projected prize money.

If you owned a business, would you completely turn it on it's head (for the worse) because of your own high moral standards & beliefs of sporting integrity? My arse. Even if it means a chairman reducing his own salary by as little as 20% these guys love their flashy cars too much to sacrifice their own financial income for the sake of teaching Rangers a lesson.

The bottom line is, there wont be more than 4 or 5 chairmen willing to see their business model turned on it's head, and potentially see it collapse, due to sporting integrity.

I fear however they will want to use the power of the vote as a bargaining tool, or enforce the new rules of "we can make up punishment as we see fit for newcos" to get the benefit of RFC in the league but severely handicapped in both a footballing & financial sense.

Let's give them the ultimatum, it's clear that wide opinion amongst fans is "bring on Div 3", we aren't fucking about. Lets call their bluff. No sanctions or tata.

---------------------------

EDIT: found a nice article worth reading which gives an example of the 'immediate*' financial implecations of the SKY deal collapse.

*i say immediate because it doesn't take into account the knock-on effect of reduced sponsorship, subsequent drop in prize money etc....

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/Sport/Football/article/22884/sky-tv-urged-to-let-spl-clubs-know-where-they-stand.html

In [Dundee] United's case, based on this year's figures, instead of receiving around £1.4 million in centrally-distributed funds, it is believed they would get closer to £300,000.

Added to the projected shortfall in gate income, they would stand to lose some £1.4m, or 30% of turnover.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No chance.

Sellick, Sheep and Dundee Hibernian are pretty much certaintys to say no so they only need one more.

Celtic will. They need 5 no votes. The fans want their chairmen to vote no, but lets not kid ourselves, only money matters. If there were a clear financial benefit it would be a landslide no.

But dont kid yourself, when 10 businessmen vote on a business decision, they simply do not vote in favour of losing money, period.

Celtic will. They need 5 no votes. The fans want their chairmen to vote no, but lets not kid ourselves, only money matters. If there were a clear financial benefit it would be a landslide no.

But dont kid yourself, when 10 businessmen vote on a business decision, they simply do not vote in favour of losing money, period.

If we get accepted it will come with huge penaltys.

We heard this talk with the never go into admin, never be liquidated, we will win the CVA fan boys and they were all wrong. Can we just wait and see what develops please? No one can know what is going to happen when the haters meet. Just wait and see what happens. (tu)

To be fair which players are going to stick with us if we are playing in the third division ? Can't see Bocanegra, Davis and Naismith plying their trade against Annan, we would be weakened dramatically. It's time to fucking wake up here and take the war to these bastards, Rangers is a sacred thing in this country. Too important let it go unprotected any longer, this current breed of fan sickens me - to see people in the street scratching their heads. If this happened ten years ago the FANS wouldn't allow it to get this far, but the enemies have sensed weakness and pounced. They are attempting to kill our club and have us all watch.

Then what happens when we work our way up...

Well the way I see it, whilst going through the lower leagues and helping those teams in divisions 3 to 1, we actually benefit the rest of Scottish football out with those greedy bastards in the SPL, by that time hopefully a few of these lower league teams will step up and we can get a few of the SPL sides going bust hopefully, DU Hibs Sheep one of these sides hopefully :)

Unfortunately I would suggest with an under strength, non competitive Rangers sky Will be looking at a reduced deal , plus the demands of boycotts , from all sides , on company's who support the Spl or the sfa is not going to encourage investment or sponsorship in the league.

Add into that the amount of pressure put on clubs by their fans. . . I think it would be a very close call . Your view is overly optimistic in my opinion but I would suggest it would be more important to green to be in the Spl. I think try to sell Rangers as an investment is going to be tough , trying to sell it as a division 3 club Will be near impossible .

In my opinion he Will bend over and take anything and everything the Spl dish out, including accepting the sfa transfer ban just so we keep our place.

My only hope is his deal with duff and phelps is not as solid as is being suggested and someone , blue knights , who care about the club rather than profit step up an do what's best for the club in the long term.

Unfortunately I would suggest with an under strength, non competitive Rangers sky Will be looking at a reduced deal , plus the demands of boycotts , from all sides , on company's who support the Spl or the sfa is not going to encourage investment or sponsorship in the league.

Add into that the amount of pressure put on clubs by their fans. . . I think it would be a very close call . Your view is overly optimistic in my opinion but I would suggest it would be more important to green to be in the Spl. I think try to sell Rangers as an investment is going to be tough , trying to sell it as a division 3 club Will be near impossible .

In my opinion he Will bend over and take anything and everything the Spl dish out, including accepting the sfa transfer ban just so we keep our place.

My only hope is his deal with duff and phelps is not as solid as is being suggested and someone , blue knights , who care about the club rather than profit step up an do what's best for the club in the long term.

No Old Firm games, no Ranger v Hearts, Hibs etc. Sky will be knocking their money down by at least 50%.

Some of these clubs need to get real. They may not like Rangers, they may not want Rangers, their petty spiteful fans may hate Rangers but at the end of the day THEY NEED RANGERS

No Old Firm games, no Ranger v Hearts, Hibs etc. Sky will be knocking their money down by at least 50%.

Some of these clubs need to get real. They may not like Rangers, they may not want Rangers, their petty spiteful fans may hate Rangers but at the end of the day THEY NEED RANGERS

Kilmarnock probably need Rangers but the other Clubs? They would all survive relegation to a league where there is no tv deal and very low crowds. They Will survive in a league without rangers with ease . They may not be as prosperous as they hoped or have the same wage structure but they Will survive . We need to quash that myth .

We need to do what beat for rangers and not care about hurting or supporting other Clubs.

It's a real watershed moment for Scitland and I can't see any way out for the game in this country. Look at the latest financial deal in England. £3 BILLION for around 150 games.

What about all the kids? My cousin and fellow ST holder wanted to start taking his 8 year old son to games last year, but he is now Man Utd/Rooney daft due to Xbox. Could see the disappointment in my cousins face.

The game seems doomed to due here.

I'll still stand with my team as will many others and most other fans will act on their hatred against us and we'll all slip into obscurity.

Fuck the lot of them,

Let's go to division and work our way back up, there's not European football for at least 3 years now anyway.

My only concern is what will be left of the SPLl when we come back, cos half the team will be part time.

No sanction or division 3 for me.

I think we should make it clear we won't accept crippling sanctions. Max 1 season of financial/points penalties. Any more we're not interested and will apply to the SFL. Let them vote on that, if they can't accept that fuck them.

Green will want to be in the spl as this is where most money will be made, he won't care about penalties, remember this is the man speaking for our club right now, a businessman not a bear.

I am watch and reading a lot of "f*** them", "they have to let us in", "who wants in this joke league" etc etc statements. I'd rather people kept these sentiments to themselves until after the vote as these can only harden hearts against voting Rangers into the league.

The consequences of not getting voted in would be catastrophic and there's loads of clubs and chairmen who would love to see that. There's already plenty of SFL chairmen saying they don't want Rangers.

I am watch and reading a lot of "f*** them", "they have to let us in", "who wants in this joke league" etc etc statements. I'd rather people kept these sentiments to themselves until after the vote as these can only harden hearts against voting Rangers into the league.

The consequences of not getting voted in would be catastrophic and there's loads of clubs and chairmen who would love to see that. There's already plenty of SFL chairmen saying they don't want Rangers.

Really?

Is that why they sit hoping & praying year on year, that they get drawn against us in the cups? And if they are lucky enough to get drawn against us they are dancing around their boardrooms.

No Rangers in the SPL will lead to a financial melt down, the money available to players would also dry up diluting the product even further and it is regarded as dross at present. The SPL other than the Thims (as long as Dermot is financing them)would all have to be part time and looking to sell on players, however they do NOT have decent academies for developing players the way Rangers do. If we go 3rd division we will retain none of our top players, can you imagine a team built around Jig and Broadfoot? Getting back to the top in 3 years would not be a given. Would we fill Ibrox every game playing in Div3? Would kids struggling against more seasoned pro's get the backing or barracking of the fans that do show up. We have our share of glory hunters, though I suppose it would be good to be rid of them. The club also depends a lot on corporate hospitality dont think that is going to happen in 3rd division football these corporations only want to be associated with people at the top, so another source of revenue dried up. Right now I am concerned that no SPL for Rangers then no Rangers period.