If you were Green and his backers...

Gaz92

Now, the more I think about it the more cynical I seem to view the events of today.

Since Green has become PB, he's had a lot of dirty work to do, none more so than piecing together the CVA, which was sadly rejected. I just can't help but feel there's something wrong with the timing of Walter's consortium. Green's came in, done the dirty work and now Walter and co swoop in after Green has started off the hard work and faced up to the reality of what lies ahead. Walter knew his bid would get the backing of the fans, because it's Walter being backed by a fairly well-known Scots businessman. But where were they before? Can't help but feel the timing is a bit convenient, after Green has taken the fall and made the tough decision of having to accept a newco.

If you were Green and his backers, would you not be wanting a bit of compensation? I know Green has barely even started the road to recovery, but he's made the decisions that the fans were going to resent, and now we've got the Rangers men coming in to "save the day" when the game has been changed. Trying to take an objective view of the situation, is Green within his rights to hold out for a bit of money from Walter and co? It's very easy for Walter to say that Green should do the right thing and step aside, but I doubt he'll go down easily, and I don't mean a few hundred grand extra.

Now, the more I think about it the more cynical I seem to view the events of today.

Since Green has become PB, he's had a lot of dirty work to do, none more so than piecing together the CVA, which was sadly rejected. I just can't help but feel there's something wrong with the timing of Walter's consortium. Green's came in, done the dirty work and now Walter and co swoop in after Green has started off the hard work and faced up to the reality of what lies ahead. Walter knew his bid would get the backing of the fans, because it's Walter being backed by a fairly well-known Scots businessman. But where were they before? Can't help but feel the timing is a bit convenient, after Green has taken the fall and made the tough decision of having to accept a newco.

If you were Green and his backers, would you not be wanting a bit of compensation? I know Green has barely even started the road to recovery, but he's made the decisions that the fans were going to resent, and now we've got the Rangers men coming in to "save the day" when the game has been changed. Trying to take an objective view of the situation, is Green within his rights to hold out for a bit of money from Walter and co? It's very easy for Walter to say that Green should do the right thing and step aside, but I doubt he'll go down easily, and I don't mean a few hundred grand extra.

Am I missing something?

That's surely exactly what he's going to do?

Who exactly is it that expects Green to walk away with no profit? He's entitled to it

Am I missing something?

That's surely exactly what he's going to do?

Who exactly is it that expects Green to walk away with no profit? He's entitled to it

Will the RST and others planning on delaying season tickets accept it if Green doesn't believe the offer is what he expects? In fact, will anyone accept it if the offer isn't enough?

I have to disagree with this. Walter and his consortium didn't just decide on a whim yesterday that they were going to do this. The discussions will have been going on for weeks. Before Charles Green was named preferred bidder, there was a chance TBK/BK would have been the ones to win the race to be PB. Once they weren't and there was the potential for a CVA, it would have been foolish for any other parties to rock the boat. It was only once the CVA was rejected that the opportunity was there for another bidder. I may be in the minority, but I believe CG is bad news for the club. He openly admits that this is a commercial arrangement for him. He is more interested in returning a profit for his investors than the clubs prosperity.

Being liquidated and a newco formed is a disaster for us. The prospect of having real Rangers men at the helm softens that blow a little.

I was going to post something similar to this but bottled out seeing as how i'm new on here and couldn't be arsed with the taig accusations ---anyway tin hat on now for agreeing with you

Ah so u know the drill, welcome.

I agree green done what needed to be done while (true) rangers men sat on the thumbs doing nothing. He deserves credit rather than the abuse he seems to be gettin

I'm inclined to agree with your point of view.

It don't see much wrong with what Green has done so far. With the nature of his bid, saying he would accept anyone who is willing to put money in, I don't see why there couldn't be a compromise to get Walter and Jim McColl involved with the existing consortium??

It is after all about saving the football club.

Will the RST and others planning on delaying season tickets accept it if Green doesn't believe the offer is what he expects? In fact, will anyone accept it if the offer isn't enough?

No they won't. Walter will certainly be the only show in town now.

Still, nobody is saying he should just hand over the club, which is what you seemed to say?

Fully expect him to make a profit, and rightly so.

I have to disagree with this. Walter and his consortium didn't just decide on a whim yesterday that they were going to do this. The discussions will have been going on for weeks. Before Charles Green was named preferred bidder, there was a chance TBK/BK would have been the ones to win the race to be PB. Once they weren't and there was the potential for a CVA, it would have been foolish for any other parties to rock the boat. It was only once the CVA was rejected that the opportunity was there for another bidder. I may be in the minority, but I believe CG is bad news for the club. He openly admits that this is a commercial arrangement for him. He is more interested in returning a profit for his investors than the clubs prosperity.

Being liquidated and a newco formed is a disaster for us. The prospect of having real Rangers men at the helm softens that blow a little.

I'm sure they have been going on for weeks, but that doesn't change the timing of when it was actually announced. The day that the CVA was officially rejected? I'm really not saying that Walter and co aren't the better option for the long-term, but this could have been on the cards long before now. You don't think there's an element of letting Green getting the dirty work done before slipping in?

Well seeing as how i've not been shouted down (yet) i thought i'd add my wee view on things

Could Green be to Walter and Co what Whyte was to Murray except in reverse --if you know what i mean and it's all been part of "The Plan"

Well seeing as how i've not been shouted down (yet) i thought i'd add my wee view on things

Could Green be to Walter and Co what Whyte was to Murray except in reverse --if you know what i mean and it's all been part of "The Plan"

Taig!

Ha na, just kidding.

Yea, that wouldn't surprise me really (tu)

Green deserves respect. He has worked hard throughout this. Of course I want Sir Walter in...but harassing Green shows zero class. We're better than that.

If Walter's group gets control, fantastic, if not, Green still makes the right statements and I believe in him. Done what he'd said he'd do so far.

00000042.gif

I know exactly what you mean and no. Just can't see it. Green wants to make money. Walter would not have been any less of a hero had his consortium been the ones to start the newco. The two are not linked IMO.

It don't see much wrong with what Green has done so far. With the nature of his bid, saying he would accept anyone who is willing to put money in, I don't see why there couldn't be a compromise to get Walter and Jim McColl involved with the existing consortium??

If they say they're more interested in saving the club than owning it, I don't understand why they couldn't become involved in it. Unless the problem is in fact Green (which I assume it is).

Would Wattie and Co have raised their head if a CVA had been agreed?

I agree why dont they join together the more men with money and the Gers at heart the better IMO

Agree with this. The Green consortium shareholding would be diluted but the club would have more money to play with and recover much quicker. I think everyone could win here.

FFS. The only way Sir Walters Teams bid was possible was via a newco. At least Mr Green had the balls to bite the bullet and do it.

GIVE THE GUY A CHANCE!

He hasnt let us down so far.

Sir Walter may be at the helm one day, but for now we have a new owner, with some very good ideas. He speaks a good game, now lets see if he can achieve what hes set out to.

Agree with this. The Green consortium shareholding would be diluted but the club would have more money to play with and recover much quicker. I think everyone could win here.

FFS. The only way Sir Walters Teams bid was possible was via a newco. At least Mr Green had the balls to bite the bullet and do it.

GIVE THE GUY A CHANCE!

He hasnt let us down so far.

Sir Walter may be at the helm one day, but for now we have a new owner, with some very good ideas. He speaks a good game, now lets see if he can achieve what hes set out to.

I still worry about who he sells to down the road. No reason to sell to the right people. Could sell it to whoever, as long as he makes profit, as he is within his rights to do. Would you not rather get that fear out of the way and see it in safe hands?

(tu)

That looks the best option and the one Green wants, after he said that most of his investors would be open to selling their shares

Exactly 00000042.gif

As much as I love Walter it is about a lot more than one man. The club needs a mix of people that care about the club and those that care about the business so that we never, ever, find ourselves in this position again!

On a side note I don't want the company turned into a plc, that in my opinion is not the way for a football club to be run. Gets in the way of long term planning and investment.