Pro Rangers Rally

D'Artagnan

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest mistake the Miller team made was giving you sock puppets any credit for their backing away. Shouldn't have been rewarded for your shocking behavior in the wake of their PB status being granted, because it wouldn't be feeding your delusions that your wee group can shape the multi-million pound decisions of astute businessmen.

If you think a silly wee banner influenced his decision then you're being extremely naive and gullible. It was a convenient excuse. He underestimated the finances needed for working capital. Either that or Duff and Phelps lied to him about how much it would take. One look at the books and he ran a mile.

If you think a silly wee banner influenced his decision then you're being extremely naive and gullible. It was a convenient excuse. He underestimated the finances needed for working capital. Either that or Duff and Phelps lied to him about how much it would take. One look at the books and he ran a mile.

Exactly what I was saying, but thank you for restating the obvious. Are you really that dense?

You seem to be assuming that the fan base in general agree with your opinion.

What about the supporters who dont want to influence a hostile takeover of our club?

It doesn't take a genius to work out the vast majority want Walter's consortium to takeover.

People are free to do what they want. It will never get hostile but there are ways we can get our point across. I know Mark Dingwall spoke about that in the Evening Times last week. The supporters can play a part in influencing his decision. To be perfectly honest I don't think this will drag out. Green knows the vast majority back Walter's consortium.

I've said before, what's fair on Charles Green is no concern of mine. We've got to do what's best for our football club. We've been through so much in recent times and now we have the opportunity to welcome owners who offer financial security and have the club's best interests at heart. It's an opportunity which cannot be missed.

It doesn't take a genius to work out the vast majority want Walter's consortium to takeover.

People are free to do what they want. It will never get hostile but there are ways we can get our point across. I know Mark Dingwall spoke about that in the Evening Times last week. The supporters can play a part in influencing his decision. To be perfectly honest I don't think this will drag out. Green knows the vast majority back Walter's consortium.

I've said before, what's fair on Charles Green is no concern of mine. We've got to do what's best for our football club. We've been through so much in recent times and now we have the opportunity to welcome owners who offer financial security and have the club's best interests at heart. It's an opportunity which cannot be missed.

Well I find that strange because on 2 Rangers fans forums I know that to be untrue.

I'd like to know more about these " owners who offer financial security" as this is quite a statement to be making.

Who are they, and what are they offering? Serious question which I'm sure you'll be able to answer given your assuredness of the matter.

Walter does not have a consortium, he is the voice of one FFS and its been quite quiet into the bargain.

I love Walter mate but he is not going in to the club, he is helping out then stepping away again.

Wish he was but he is not and that is that I am afraid

Well I find that strange because on 2 Rangers fans forums I know that to be untrue.

I'd like to know more about these " owners who offer financial security" as this is quite a statement to be making.

Who are they, and what are they offering? Serious question which I'm sure you'll be able to answer given your assuredness of the matter.

Well?

Walter does not have a consortium, he is the voice of one FFS and its been quite quiet into the bargain.

I love Walter mate but he is not going in to the club, he is helping out then stepping away again.

Wish he was but he is not and that is that I am afraid

We've already been over this. If it's good enough for Walter then it's good enough for the majority of our supporters. If there's one man we can trust it's Walter Smith. He wouldn't put his name to this unless he was absolutely certain that it's right for the football club.

You can't help but be impressed when you hear names like Jim McColl and Douglas Park are involved. Both men are highly respected and wealthy businessman who have the club's best interests at heart. These guys will provide the funding to allow Walter and his team to takeover the club and make the business self-sufficient.

Walter wants to ensure the club is in the hands of Rangers men who will stabilise the club and protect it from situations like we find ourselves in today. The overriding objective is to ensure that the stadium and history is protected and the club is nurtured back to good health. They are not in this to make money.

I see this as a no brainer and it's hard to believe any Rangers supporter wouldn't agree.

Just to be clear, who would you rather have running our club, Charles Green's consortium or Walter Smith's consortium?

We've already been over this. If it's good enough for Walter then it's good enough for the majority of our supporters. If there's one man we can trust it's Walter Smith. He wouldn't put his name to this unless he was absolutely certain that it's right for the football club.

You can't help but be impressed when you hear names like Jim McColl and Douglas Park are involved. Both men are highly respected and wealthy businessman who have the club's best interests at heart. These guys will provide the funding to allow Walter and his team to takeover the club and make the business self-sufficient.

Walter wants to ensure the club is in the hands of Rangers men who will stabilise the club and protect it from situations like we find ourselves in today. The overriding objective is to ensure that the stadium and history is protected and the club is nurtured back to good health. They are not in this to make money.

I see this as a no brainer and it's hard to believe any Rangers supporter wouldn't agree.

Just to be clear, who would you rather have running our club, Charles Green's consortium or Walter Smith's consortium?

I can't comment as Walter does not have a consortium mate.

If Walter did, different story bye the way, but he does not. :disappointment:

I can't comment as Walter does not have a consortium mate.

If Walter did, different story bye the way, but he does not. :disappointment:

Walter is fronting the consortium, that is a fact. If it's good enough for him then it's good enough for me. In Walter we trust.

Here's his initial statement:

Smith said in a statement: "I can today confirm that following talks over the last few weeks I am leading a new bid for Rangers Football Club.

"I have been assisted by Jim McColl, Douglas Park and other prominent Scottish businessmen with a shared objective – that Rangers Football Club should be in the hands of Rangers people who will stabilise the club and protect it from future situations like we find ourselves in today.

"With this in mind, representatives have, on behalf of my group, made representations to BDO, Duff and Phelps and indeed Charles Green, notifying them of our willingness to offer on the 'newco' basis on which Mr Green is proceeding.

"We would call on Mr Green to step aside and allow us to proceed with our deal which is in the best interests of the creditors, the employees, the fans and the various other stakeholders of Rangers Football Club."

Walter is fronting the consortium, that is a fact. If it's good enough for him then it's good enough for me. In Walter we trust.

Trust Walter yes. The McColl consortium has two businessmen, one loaded, the other not so much. Trust them at this late stage, unsure.

Does Walter know all the business side of things, doubt it.

Wary of every fucking one of then including Green, you bet.

Walter is a Rangers man of that there is no doubt but the rest have not given enough info to assess them properly imo.

Trust Walter yes. The McColl consortium has two businessmen, one loaded, the other not so much. Trust them at this late stage, unsure.

Does Walter know all the business side of things, doubt it.

Wary of every fucking one of then including Green, you bet.

Walter is a Rangers man of that there is no doubt but the rest have not given enough info to assess them properly imo.

Walter's consortium is backed by highly respected and wealthy business men. It's low risk whereas Green is high risk. There's already been a lack of transparency from him as far as investment goes.

I would much rather trust Walter's judgement than go with some dodgy asset stripper who has absolutely no link to the club.

I know I keep repeating it but it really is a no brainer. You seem as if you're bending over backwards to discredit the consortium which Walter is leading.

Again I ask, who would you rather have running our club, Green's consortium or the consortium which Walter is leading?

Walter's consortium is backed by highly resoected and wealthy business men. It's low risk whereas Green is high risk. There's already been a lack of transparency from him as far as investment goes.

I would much rather trust Walter's judgement than go with some dodgy asset stripper who has absolutely no link to the club.

I know I keep repeating it but it really is a no brainer. You seem as if you're bending over backwards to discredit the consortium which Walter is leading.

Again I ask, who would you rather have running our club, Green's consortium or the consortium which Walter is leading?

The only thing i discredit is pish mate.

Said all along I don't care who saves the club as long as it happens.

Have you seen this bid yet on paper, if so show me and if its as good as you say I'll back it 100%.

But you have not seen it yet have you?, so how can you comment on it.?

Walters probably not seen it all either in all its legal terms.

I would rather have the right one on board but do not know who it is yet.

If you are buying something and your trusted mate says its great would you still have a look at it before committing cause I would.

Not discrediting McColls bid at all, just not seen it yet.

The only thing i discredit is pish mate.

Said all along I don't care who saves the club as long as it happens.

Have you seen this bid yet on paper, if so show me and if its as good as you say I'll back it 100%.

But you have not seen it yet have you?, so how can you comment on it.?

Walters probably not seen it all either in all its legal terms.

I would rather have the right one on board but do not know who it is yet.

If you are buying something and your trusted mate says its great would you still have a look at it before committing cause I would.

Not discrediting McColls bid at all, just not seen it yet.

Walter will know exactly where the club stands. He wouldn't just dive into this. He'll have spoken to TBK's at great length. McColl and Park will also have their legal advisors involved. These successful businessmen don't just dive in and Walter wouldn't just back any old fool. He knows this is right for the club. He's putting his neck on the line here and I'm happy to trust him. I think the vast majority will also. I just hope Green doesn't mess them about. We need this deal done very quickly.

Walter will know exactly where the club stands. He wouldn't just dive into this. He'll have spoken to TBK's at great length. McColl and Park will also have their legal advisors involved. These successful businessmen don't just dive in and Walter wouldn't just back any old fool. He knows this is right for the club. He's putting his neck on the line here and I'm happy to trust him. I think the vast majority will also. I just hope Green doesn't mess them about. We need this deal done very quickly.

Lets just wait and see the bid eh.

Night

I trust no one and why do you need to use Walter Smith, if these so called Rangers men with all the money popped up and said ok Mr Green theres 20 million thanks very much we will take over from here ,then after all the fans were wondering what their angle was they then announce, after a couple of days, that Walter Smith will be the ambassador for RFC and will make sure everything is done in the best interest of the club, then Dave King and all the rest of these super rich Rangers men that didnt have the money to buy it from SDM in the first place because they feared for the club so much will make things all better again, I think that's how it goes anyway.

It purely comes down to the police and the council.

Stand by my statement........that man is a cancer to out club and should be cut out and discarded to make us a lot healthier. Our he should be sentancd to 18 months..................hmmmm why 18 months I hear you ask.

Just to provide some context here without prolonging the argument...

For those of you who haven't used FF in recent months, you should know that Delightful Dennis is a pleasant chap but he is a fanatical devotee of Lee McCulloch. This goes back to the start of last season when, absurdly, Ally was playing McCulloch as a central midfielder, this thwarting the team's effectiveness to create anything from midfield, reducing the pace of our attacks to a crawl and allowing opposition midfielders to run right over us.

The worse big Jig played, the more determinedly Dennis defended him.

Hopefully that helps to explain his approach on this issue.

Stand by my statement........that man is a cancer to out club and should be cut out and discarded to make us a lot healthier. Our he should be sentancd to 18 months..................hmmmm why 18 months I hear you ask.

... could that be the average time cheques take to clear in the alternate world populated by MD?