Pro Rangers Rally

D'Artagnan

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's hypothesize for a moment.

Lets suppose the same consortium had come forward but without Walter. Just Park + McColl and I suspect mini in the background.

Would the people extolling the virtues of the 'New Knights' be as orgasmic in their support???

I admire and respect WS but I suspect the 'new Knights' knew they could not pull it off without an affable front-man.

Let's hypothesize for a moment.

Lets suppose the same consortium had come forward but without Walter. Just Park + McColl and I suspect mini in the background.

Would the people extolling the virtues of the 'New Knights' be as orgasmic in their support???

I admire and respect WS but I suspect the 'new Knights' knew they could not pull it off without an affable front-man.

Probably not, but it doesn't matter. I, and many others, trust Walter to align himself with the group that holds the best interests of Rangers at heart. If McColl and Park were not the best option for Rangers, Walter would not have thrown his hat in with them, of that I am certain.

I think people are underestimating Walter in suggesting that he is merely a face for a bid. He may not be investing cash, be he will invest as much time and effort as any in ensuring that Rangers are restored to full health. I cannot think of a better person to lead us out of the situation we are in.

Probably not, but it doesn't matter. I, and many others, trust Walter to align himself with the group that holds the best interests of Rangers at heart. If McColl and Park were not the best option for Rangers, Walter would not have thrown his hat in with them, of that I am certain.

I think people are underestimating Walter in suggesting that he is merely a face for a bid. He may not be investing cash, be he will invest as much time and effort as any in ensuring that Rangers are restored to full health. I cannot think of a better person to lead us out of the situation we are in.

Fair comments and my heart says Walter but I do not trust McColl or Park and I am worried about Murray pulling the strings.

That said if they can meet Green's asking price or negotiate a mutually beneficial deal then let them 'pony up'.

If not then let them 'shut up'.

There is no Walter camp.

Green owns the club.

The Cardigan Consortium could offer to buy the club and then get us all behind them.

Why do they need underhand methods to try and steal it ?

Questions need to be asked.

Steal it ?

I understand they offered well in excess of what Green paid.

Hardly stealing.

So let me get this straight

This "rally" is really a protest march to attempt to force Rangers current owner to hand it over for a pittance to a bunch of folk who haven't even been fully identified yet, and who's plans remain a secret.?

It is also to push folk to with-hold ST money to the club.

Walters mob get the club for a song.

RST get their blazers and a comfy seat on the board.

Green, the only man to put money into the club, gets shafted.

All sounds very honourable to me.

So honourable in fact, if I were Charles Green, I'd sit back and let the club die from lack of funds before I'd give in. He'll get his cash back from the assets sale later when the season has started.

Green has named a fair price. If Walters mob want the club, then go negotiate it and buy the club fairly and squarely.

Using mafia tactics to blackmail Green into selling for buttons is a disgrace, and most certainly not the Rangers way.

If they'll manipulate the media to shaft Green, they'll manipulate the media to shaft us.

More smoke and mirrors.

Walters mob????????? You keep saying What a so called bear you are

Steal it ?

I understand they offered well in excess of what Green paid.

Hardly stealing.

Aside from what Green paid, he also incurred a variety of other costs, taking his outlay to around £10 million. He and his investors want to double their investment, which sounds fair enough to me.

If you study Walter's statement he only agreed to join this new consortium if giving the clubs to the fans was unconditional.

didnt green's mob say they would do a share issue if the fans wanted it?

if so then what is the difference between Green's plans and Park/McColl's plans?

Why when things start getting a wee bit better do some fans want to cause havock....The media will have a field day with this and make us look bad.We need to step back and give Green a chance and if Walter is with him even better.As nobody wanted to get there hands dirty a few mnths ago.We will buy our season tickets whatever as Im so glad our club is still there.

Why don't you rally McColl and co to give Green £20 million then the club is theirs.

Because they know this so called die hard would NEVER put up the cash, because he does NOT love our club. If he did, it would have been paid already. I would have, if I had his reputed wealth!

All stinks to high heaven. The timing of their intervention was a disgrace, a tactic worthy of the taig minded or at least the Whyte minded! Yeah, let's wheel in Walter, starve Green out and we will get it for a song!

Immoral to say the least! FFS. let us learn the lesson!

If both parties united, with Green at the helm of the business (and not that pauper p murray!) with Walter at the helm of footballing matters. All the investment pooled, would show integrity and a winning formulae.

Maybe we should be having a rally for a union and NOT a division, with division being a very taig and Salmondite tactic!

BTW, if Walter truly loved our Club he would never be part of this sordid tactic and would have joined Green!

I await to see how much ''integrity'' he truly has!

There's so much wrong with that it's difficult to know where to start.

Glitter minded.