Rangers fans Chief (?) speaks.

ray

Fans chief's :dry: blast as season-ticket boycott looms

By matthew lindsay

RANGERS fans will force Charles Green to sell the Ibrox club to Walter Smith and his backers – by refusing to buy season tickets for next season.

That was the message from fans chief Mark Dingwall, below, today after legendary former manager Smith emerged as the frontman of a rival bid to gain control of the Gers.

"The Charles Green group is dead in the water now there is a credible alternative," said Dingwall, a director of the Rangers Supporters Trust.

A consortium led by English businessman Green bought the Glasgow giants' assets yesterday after a proposed CVA was rejected by club creditors.

However, a group of multi-millionaire businessmen, including Jim McColl and Douglas Park, now want to buy control from them. Dingwall believes supporters angry at years of mismanagement by Sir David Murray and Craig Whyte will force Green to stand aside with a boycott. He backed calls by former director Dave King and Rangers Supporters Association secretary John Macmillan for fans NOT to buy season tickets.

He said: "We are absolutely delighted Walter has come forward.

"He is a figure with credibility on a scale nobody else can match.

"He is backed by men with real business acumen who, crucially, have blemish-free records.

"Mr Green's problem was that the extent of his funds and his plans for the future were shrouded in secrecy.

"There is no good feeling around his bid. He has made no secret of the fact he and his associates are in it to make money.

"While there was no alternative, it was a lifebelt that Rangers fans would cling to while the ship was sinking.

"But now there is an alternative the Charles Green bid is dead in the water."

Dingwall added: "I would endorse the calls made by Dave King and John Macmillan and urge fans not to buy season tickets while Charles Green is in charge.

"There has been a huge question mark over the future funding of the club.

There has been no clarity. Now there is an alternative there will naturally be a boycott of his plans.

"Why should fans pay season ticket money so that Charles Green and his associates make a profit when there is a viable alternative?

"Walter and his backers are only interested in putting money in, not in taking dividends out. Charles Green has no chance."

Dingwall was stunned to hear of a reported behind-the-scenes bust-up between Green and Rangers manager Ally McCoist yesterday.

And he is now hoping McCoist can once again join forces with Smith, who he played and coached under for years at Rangers and Scotland.

He said: "It is quite clear now that the dispute between Ally McCoist and Charles Green is more than simply about Ally's job.

"My information is that he was being underhand about him behind his back.

"But I am sure McCoist had an inkling that the cavalry was waiting around the corner.

"Hopefully we will now see a reunification of the Rangers dream team."

dinger seems to have missed Charlie's bid being successful.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I fully expect the contents of what he says to be ignored and the thread to be simply full of comments about Jaffa cakes, cheques, and “He doesn’t speak for me” comments.

And he makes a couple of decent points.

Even if he is a bit of a banger.

I think there is a certain amount of wishful thinking with regard to the Green deal being dead in the water.

That said, I think there will be a de-facto 'boycott' of season tickets. Who is going to lay out several hundred pounds when they have no idea if there will even be any football; at Ibrox? Season ticket holders will vote with their feet IMHO.

I am disappointed to see the rush to support one bid or another. As I said in a different thread, it is time for the supporters groups to get together and formulate a clear platform of what we want independent of the bidders and the steps we would expect from a bidder to win our support. Right now, the support has clear economic power in this mess. Time to exercise it.

I fully expect the contents of what he says to be ignored and the thread to be simply full of comments about Jaffa cakes, cheques, and “He doesn’t speak for me” comments.

I did not ignore the content.

He said Greens bid was shrouded in secrecy and never disclosed a thing about McColl's bid.

What is the difference?

Everything else is common knowledge or complete speculation imo.

The devils in the detail in all business deals and no party has revealed fuck all for us to decide about.

Walter Smith in is a must.

Who with is still the question to be answered?

He doesn't speak f...............nah............I'll let it go. :rolleyes:

"The Charles Green group is dead in the water now there is a credible alternative," said Dingwall, a director of the Rangers Supporters Trust.

Well that's not true for a start.

Green purchased the assets and now owns the club if thats 'dead in the water' then I'm confused.

Do we have details of this alrenative apart from we know Walter is heading it and it includes McColl and Park? Why did they leave it till yesterday when the sale was all but done?

I want Walter at the club and would LOVE it if he came in for Green but it's just not that simple because Green is holding all the aces.

Walter and his people need to purchase from Green or join Green, the latter being much more realistic imo.

Green stepped up and put his/their money forward when the rest just washed their hands of us, now we are a newco with newco debts they come forward and want the bid for us.

I dont know whats going on but let the man who saved our club get on with the job of getting us back on the right track.

Why dont these new bidders join up with green and put their money into Rangers.

So people would still rather go with this guy instead of walter smith?

Green has said he wants a profit out the club.

He has lied about speaking with McCoist on a daily basis.

He has spoke about raising 30million and is going on about signing targets when we don't even know what league we're in.

He has chanced his luck at people renewing there season tickets and sent out the forms.

He has been up front with some things but others he's talking pish.

He also says that if a better offer came in he would step aside.

That is when i found him out, walter smith offered 8 and half million yesterday and Green got our club for 5 and half.

And now he wants 20million off walter for a clubs h's only bought 24 hours ago. An older version of Craig Whyte i think.

Green stepped up and put his/their money forward when the rest just washed their hands of us, now we are a newco with newco debts they come forward and want the bid for us.

I dont know whats going on but let the man who saved our club get on with the job of getting us back on the right track.

Why dont these new bidders join up with green and put their money into Rangers.

Because they don't trust him, don't think he has the cash to keep the club running, and they have different ideas going forward.

Fans chief? You really mean the head of a bunch of Rangers fans surely! Don't get me wrong, I happen to agree with much of what Mark Dingwall is saying here, and the one time I saw him on TV I agreed with many points he made. But the cause celebre Rangers head of fans group thing is fast becoming a bit of an industry in itself and is getting tiresome.

So people would still rather go with this guy instead of walter smith?

I think 99.9% of Rangers men would be delighted if Smith took over but we also have to realise than Green was the man who walked the walk when it came to it so he owns us at the moment.

If Smith and co are serious about having us then they will need to pay Green which is only fair then everyone will be happy.

If not we follow Rangers all the same.