Old pictures of Rangers fans.

PRW.

Any specific reason the RSC flags changed from red white and blue patterns to Union flags?

The pics of all the old RSC flags scattered over trackside and the piggery is fantastic, would be great to have it like that for even one game a season with RSC flags.

I was in the broomloan end that night with my dad

ma da use tae take me to the stand for safety.

then at one match, he asked, "dae yi like it up here?"

i answered, "i'd rather be doon therr!"

after that, every home game - davy wilson's corner....magic!

ma da use tae take me to the stand for safety.

then at one match, he asked, "dae yi like it up here?"

i answered, "i'd rather be doon therr!"

after that, every home game - davy wilson's corner....magic!

Mine couldn't afford the satnd for that game.........memory may be off somewhat , was it not 10/s for the terracing for that game.was a lot . Hve mentioned befor the return game 0-6 ........I went to the primaray across the road from the stadium and one of my plas was the sone of the groundsman and Alex Willoughby was pals with his dad as he was an apprentice and they used to work with the gorundsman and he was given the number 10 Real Jersey after the game Puskas/di stefano really can't recall fully ......anyway he was given their jersey after the gaem and we got to try it on.

Another great night was the Inter game when big Roger hit that volley from about the halfway line and hot Sartil on the chest and Jim Forrest scored fro the rebound.....Jim was the first man to score against them in the SanSiro in a European game 3-1...remember Wullie Henderson said he bent down to tie his boots anad when he got up it was 3-0 and big Dandy hitting th crossbar at Ibrox and would have tied the game 3-3 agg.

Those nights will never be forgotten.

Mine couldn't afford the satnd for that game.........memory may be off somewhat , was it not 10/s for the terracing for that game.was a lot . Hve mentioned befor the return game 0-6 ........I went to the primaray across the road from the stadium and one of my plas was the sone of the groundsman and Alex Willoughby was pals with his dad as he was an apprentice and they used to work with the gorundsman and he was given the number 10 Real Jersey after the game Puskas/di stefano really can't recall fully ......anyway he was given their jersey after the gaem and we got to try it on.

Another great night was the Inter game when big Roger hit that volley from about the halfway line and hot Sartil on the chest and Jim Forrest scored fro the rebound.....Jim was the first man to score against them in the SanSiro in a European game 3-1...remember Wullie Henderson said he bent down to tie his boots anad when he got up it was 3-0 and big Dandy hitting th crossbar at Ibrox and would have tied the game 3-3 agg.

Those nights will never be forgotten.

not sure of the terracing price.

before the European Cup Winners Final in 1961 against fiorentina - man, those unbelievable euro nights with 80,000 bears under the floodlights - unfuckingbelieveabe.... we were standing outside ibrox when a big tally came up tae ma da, and offered him a hundred quid for our stand tickets.

i stood there holding both ends of ma scarf tight as fuck - praying and looking up with pleadin' eyes at the ol man, petrified.

i could see the torture he was goin thru on his face.

after some deliberation, he said with difficulty,'naw.'

i started jumpin up and down till i heard, "two hundred!"

i was fucking shattered - no chance the ol' man could turn that down.

still got the ticket stubbs.

not sure of the terracing price.

before the European Cup Winners Final in 1961 against fiorentina - man, those unbelievable euro nights with 80,000 bears under the floodlights - unfuckingbelieveabe.... we were standing outside ibrox when a big tally came up tae ma da, and offered him a hundred quid for our stand tickets.

i stood there holding both ends of ma scarf tight as fuck - praying and looking up with pleadin' eyes at the ol man, petrified.

i could see the torture he was goin thru on his face.

after some deliberation, he said with difficulty,'naw.'

i started jumpin up and down till i heard, "two hundred!"

i was fucking shattered - no chance the ol' man could turn that down.

still got the ticket stubbs.

THat was some cash offer,

THat was some cash offer,

i guess if you're a big noise and fly in from italy, and you've no tickets, you've got funny money to throw around for the best seats.

for 40 years, every time the ol' man was pished - once a week, I never heard the end of it.

most probably because he never heard the end of it from ma maw. :lol:

i guess if you're a big noise and fly in from italy, and you've no tickets, you've got funny money to throw around for the best seats.

for 40 years, every time the ol' man was pished - once a week, I never heard the end of it.

most probably because he never heard the end of it from ma maw. :lol:

WE have all made mistakes during our life......but for him to tell your mother must be up there near the top uk.gif

WE have all made mistakes during our life......but for him to tell your mother must be up there near the top uk.gif

...emmmm....he diidnae - i just happened to mention it to her while braggin about how great ma da wis efter we got hame fae the game.

the only mistake worse than that was feedin a greyhound hauf ma fish an chips in the back of his taxi while waiting for the owners and ma da to finish in the boozers before the race.

apparently, the dug had been 'handicapped' for the previous races and 'starved' for the race that night.

the bookies were to be taken to the cleaners...it came last!

on the way home, after dropping off the owners, the ol man said it ran like it had ate a fuckin horse, and i responded by telling him it didnae - that it ran wi ma fish supper in it.

he stopped the taxi, looked me right in the eyes and told me to never, for as long as i live, to utter such words again.

so don't fuckin tell emday, ok.

...emmmm....he diidnae - i just happened to mention it to her while braggin about how great ma da wis efter we got hame fae the game.

the only mistake worse than that was feedin a greyhound hauf ma fish an chips in the back of his taxi while waiting for the owners and ma da to finish in the boozers before the race.

apparently, the dug had been 'handicapped' for the previous races and 'starved' for the race that night.

on the way home, after dropping off the owners, the ol man said it ran like it had ate a fuckin horse, and i responded by telling him it didnae - that it ran wi ma fish supper in it.

he stopped the taxi, looked me right in the eyes and told me to never, for as long as i live, to utter such words again.

Superbsmiley-gen014.gif can't wait to here the 3rd story ..........well they come in threessmiley-gen014.gifbiggrin.gif

Hahahahaha pissing myself laughing!

Great pictures. Some bought a tear to my eye (I know that sounds really gay), but I thought of all the old supporters who are dead, I wonder what they would make of the mess brought about my Murray and Whyte. They would be turning in their graves (or ashes) at the situation we are in. I hope we can bring the good times back again soon, so those pictures can be added to the archives

Think that was Hibs mate.

The pictured games scorers,am going for Neil Murray and Mark Hateley,I was drunk so probably wrong. :beer1:

Was that not the airdrie cup final fucked if i remember ther year 92 or 93 i think