Suggestion: Pay for Renewal through a Credit Card

JRodgA2k8

Now whilst I'm not into the scaremongering etc while we don't know exactly what is happening with the club there is of course a feeling of uncertainty and worry over what will happen to your money. Rumours of further Admin/Liquidation are of course frightening when you're about to part with a lot of money.

To put your mind at some ease I would suggesting paying for your Season Ticket Renewal on a Credit Card, if at all possible. Simple reason for this is due to equal liability under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 whereby should a company misrepresent/disappear/go out of business, the card issuer becomes equally responsible for a refund as long as the purchase is between £100 and £30,000.

For more details see here: http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/ombudsman-news/31/creditcards-31.htm

Below a short section.

credit cards - equal liability under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974

Paying for goods or services by credit card is now a major part of daily life, with many people preferring this method of payment to using cash or cheques. An advantage of using a credit card is that, under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, customers who have a claim against a supplier for breach of contract or misrepresentation will generally have an equal claim against the card issuer.

Claims are often made against the card issuer when the supplier has gone out of business or disappeared. Firms will sometimes tell customers that they must first get a court judgment against the supplier. That is wrong. The customer can choose whether to claim against the supplier, the card issuer, or both.

I for one will re-new as I always have on my Credit Card, it is certainly the safest way to pay for expensive goods/services these days in case the worst happens.

I'm not scaremongering just suggesting an alternative payment which should at least give peace of mind for a few of us out there.

:happy:

Great idea , we have been liquidated , i will buy my season ticket on my credit card , the credit card company will pay for it .

You will still be liable for the money, buying a ticket from a liquified company.

We have no season tickets , we dont even fucking know where we will playing at the start of the season.

Now whilst I'm not into the scaremongering etc while we don't know exactly what is happening with the club there is of course a feeling of uncertainty and worry over what will happen to your money. Rumours of further Admin/Liquidation are of course frightening when you're about to part with a lot of money.

To put your mind at some ease I would suggesting paying for your Season Ticket Renewal on a Credit Card, if at all possible. Simple reason for this is due to equal liability under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 whereby should a company misrepresent/disappear/go out of business, the card issuer becomes equally responsible for a refund as long as the purchase is between £100 and £30,000.

For more details see here: http://www.financial...ditcards-31.htm

Below a short section.

I for one will re-new as I always have on my Credit Card, it is certainly the safest way to pay for expensive goods/services these days in case the worst happens.

I'm not scaremongering just suggesting an alternative payment which should at least give peace of mind for a few of us out there.

:happy:

True mate ,was thinking the same the other day as I pay for hols and big purchases like that ,ie dish washer/tv . Would it be wrong to pay it with a septic credit card ,that way if we get bumped ,they get pumped ( and naw I don't huv one )

Great idea , we have been liquidated , i will buy my season ticket on my credit card , the credit card company will pay for it .

You will still be liable for the money, buying a ticket from a liquified company.

We have no season tickets , we dont even fucking know where we will playing at the start of the season.

The Season Ticket is for the newco not for the Oldco, I am not entering into an agreement with the oldco.

Also if there was no football next season there is no Season Ticket for 12/13 which then is misrepresentation from the newco as such a product doesn't exist so you're protected.

Believe me in this arrange you will not end up liable.

True mate ,was thinking the same the other day as I pay for hols and big purchases like that ,ie dish washer/tv . Would it be wrong to pay it with a septic credit card ,that way if we get bumped ,they get pumped ( and naw I don't huv one )

Exactly, treat it like those purchases mate. I've paid this way for the last 3 years not through fear or anything but it's always nice to have peace of mind. Plus as I've mentioned in the post above IF there is no season 12/13 that's what I've paid for and that is covered under misrepresentation. Of course for avoidance of doubt this isn't to the newco of course.

*Pie in the sky but sadly not, it would be the Financial Backer of the card...not septic haha!

Exactly, treat it like those purchases mate. I've paid this way for the last 3 years not through fear or anything but it's always nice to have peace of mind. Plus as I've mentioned in the post above IF there is no season 12/13 that's what I've paid for and that is covered under misrepresentation. Of course for avoidance of doubt this isn't to the newco of course.

*Pie in the sky but sadly not, it would be the Financial Backer of the card...not septic haha!

Aye I know that mate ,cheers . Although woulda made some headline " Septic screwed by Mr Green " :beer1:

(obviously the above is fiction and hopefully CG is a stand up guy gent

Good shout. Maybe pay the first instalment via credit card then the rest out your own bank since all you need to do is effectively pay the deposit and youre covered for the entire amount ;).

Source : work for a financial services company currently in Insurance but supporting credit cards overflow :).

Good shout. Maybe pay the first instalment via credit card then the rest out your own bank since all you need to do is effectively pay the deposit and youre covered for the entire amount ;).

Source : work for a financial services company currently in Insurance but supporting credit cards overflow :).

Indeed mate, pay at least £100 that way and the full amount is covered.

As you may guess I too work for a Financial Services company, I'll just call it...The Bank :lol:

Not a lot of people are aware of this Act however which is probably good to remind/educate of now.

The Season Ticket is for the newco not for the Oldco, I am not entering into an agreement with the oldco.

Also if there was no football next season there is no Season Ticket for 12/13 which then is misrepresentation from the newco as such a product doesn't exist so you're protected.

Believe me in this arrange you will not end up liable.

Ticket money due soon,how much though , if we pay over the odds who will ask for a refund ??

Paying Div 1 prices and we are playing in Div 3 or will they give us free cup games , was thinking the ALBA cup and Glasgow cup.

A Celtic card is an MBNA branded card just like the Rangers card. Bank of America would be out of pocket, not Celtic.

Ticket money due soon,how much though , if we pay over the odds who will ask for a refund ??

Paying Div 1 prices and we are playing in Div 3 or will they give us free cup games , was thinking the ALBA cup and Glasgow cup.

Misrepresentation includes the price.

At the moment my Season Ticket is priced at £433, say the true price ends up as £300 as an example. I can claim back the difference however if everything is above board which it may well be I would expect the club to refund the difference. They have already mentioned the D/D scheme will be adjusted for the 2nd payment onwards depending on the price.

Indeed mate, pay at least £100 that way and the full amount is covered.

As you may guess I too work for a Financial Services company, I'll just call it...The Bank :lol:

Not a lot of people are aware of this Act however which is probably good to remind/educate of now.

GOOD advice my friend, and I hope a lot of people take heed!!!!!!

When you pay money for a season ticket, you are paying to see 16 home league games at Ibrox. If you don't receive the product you paid for, the credit card co is jointly liable with the supplier. The only problem I can see is if you do get the 16 home league games, but they are against 3rd division sites. They say "In the event that we are not playing in the SPL, pricing will be reviewed and adjusted accordingly and refunds paid to season ticket holders who have already committed.". If they decide that an appropriate adjustment is to reduce the price of the season ticket by £1.50, there probably isn't much you can do about it.

When you pay money for a season ticket, you are paying to see 16 home league games at Ibrox. If you don't receive the product you paid for, the credit card co is jointly liable with the supplier. The only problem I can see is if you do get the 16 home league games, but they are against 3rd division sites. They say "In the event that we are not playing in the SPL, pricing will be reviewed and adjusted accordingly and refunds paid to season ticket holders who have already committed.". If they decide that an appropriate adjustment is to reduce the price of the season ticket by £1.50, there probably isn't much you can do about it.

Funny thing here is like many I'm sure we all budget for the season tickets expecting to pay X amount.

If the price was only reduced by £1.50 as you say as an example I'm not going to be bothered, if the club is running as normal again it may be 3rd division sides but I'd still pay it since I budgeted for it already.

I know many won't agree with that but hey.

2 pieces of advice.

Don't use a credit card - EVER. Its why the world is almost bankrupt.

Don't buy any ST's until we know where we are going. So they set a deadline and it passes, are they going to refuse us ST's later down the line?

They do have their uses as this thread demonstrates

Credit cards are the worst type of debt tho along with these pay-day loans

2 pieces of advice.

Don't use a credit card - EVER. Its why the world is almost bankrupt.

Don't buy any ST's until we know where we are going. So they set a deadline and it passes, are they going to refuse us ST's later down the line?

:rolleyes:

If you know how to use a credit card correctly then what's the problem? The credit card offers you extra protection on purchases over £100 and below £30,000 which is appropriate for what people are being asked to buy and covers pretty much every doomsday scenario out there.

Pay off in full before the due date and you get charged no interest.

So don't use a credit card - EVER is the worst piece of advice anyone can give for large purchases.