Force Majeure

daviec1953

sometimes it easy to state the obvious, but harder to accept it.

although its obvious what happened to our club and who is to blame, its just a cunt to accept.

but accept this we must and move on with it, that doesnt mean forget and hopefuly those to blame will be brought to task for their part in it.

but that my friends is a long and winding road, with many turns still ahead.

stay strong as we are the people

cowboy out

:uk: :uk: :uk:

:21: :21:

:crabflute: :crabflute:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which benifits did the company receieve then? Liquidation?

What ''deeds'' did we do?

And that's where the hindsight comes in.

Don't you think that a company not paying tax would generally be seen as a benefit to them?

Hindsight allows us to see that it ended up fucking us over. But these things aren't cut and dry.

The benefits it could have given us? Money we could have been building interest on (I can imagine £9million would generate a tidy sum), players bought based off of money we ended up NOT having. Hind sight allows us to see that this inevitably fucked us over, but at the time it will be seen as a company failed to pay taxes, but at the same time was spending money elsewhere.

How is this hard to understand for folk? I'm not at all saying the club should be soley responsible, of that we should face more punishments. I'm just stating that we, the club, will be looked in to due to the obvious connections. It was our chairman at the time, doing it in the name of Rangers.

Don't you think that a company not paying tax would generally be seen as a benefit to them?

Hindsight allows us to see that it ended up fucking us over. But these things aren't cut and dry.

The benefits it could have given us? Money we could have been building interest on (I can imagine £9million would generate a tidy sum), players bought based off of money we ended up NOT having. Hind sight allows us to see that this inevitably fucked us over, but at the time it will be seen as a company failed to pay taxes, but at the same time was spending money elsewhere.

How is this hard to understand for folk? I'm not at all saying the club should be soley responsible, of that we should face more punishments. I'm just stating that we, the club, will be looked in to due to the obvious connections. It was our chairman at the time, doing it in the name of Rangers.

The sfa/spl have the benefit of hindsight,they know whyte gained the company fraudulently even you admitted that eventually,so why do you keep arguing the point Rangers should be punished for being the victims of fraud ?

You already admitted that the club didn't benefit from what whyte done and yet here you are a couple of posts later using it again,why?

Tell us how this over a century old company,that is going to be liquidated.gained from whyte buying it illegally ?

You dont need the benifits of hindsight to see that not paying taxes is not going to be to the benifit of the club. Not paying taxes always end up in failure. Do you think Whyte thought he was going to get away with that?

You "edited" all of it,deleted the lot,why?

Because I wanted to.

I'm free to do that, right?

I felt what I had posted, was wrong, and would just fuel more debates. In the split second after I hit reply, I had a second thought, and decided to give in trying to make sense to some of you. Is that ok?

Because I wanted to.

I'm free to do that, right?

I felt what I had posted, was wrong, and would just fuel more debates. In the split second after I hit reply, I had a second thought, and decided to give in trying to make sense to some of you. Is that ok?

Why don't you really admit who/what you are,then we can debate your changing points on why Rangers should be punished for being bought fraudulently ?

Read first few lines, fuck reading the rest.

Will quickly say though, that Whyte was working in the name of Rangers - thus us being punished. He done his crimes in the benefit of his company - Rangers. We done the deed etc etc

Secondly, and where I stopped reading to be honest, I will say quickly what I just said in another thread, we are not being punished for the EBT's etc. The basis of these 'punishments' on the NewCo is for jumping 3 divisions of football, and as a NewCo (company or club, doesn't matter, share is being asked to be passed). It isn't to punish us for the previous clubs wrong doing, it's to be punished for not playing through the 3 other leagues like every other club has to.

yes as fans we would rather stick it to them and play in div3, but unfortunately the tit in charge of us now clearly wouldn't want that for financial reasons, hence applying for SPL and trying to jump the leagues. These 'punishments' that may come are for jumping the leagues and direct entry in to the SPL. (other motives may lie behind some votes, but inevitably it will be made as a ppunishment for jumping the divisions)

You only managed to read a few lines. mmmmmmmm

"the tit in charge of us now". mmmmmmmmm

I can smell a TI....MMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Why don't you really admit who/what you are,then we can debate your changing points on why Rangers should be punished for being bought fraudulently ?

I edit a post, and you come to the conclusion I am something other than a bear?

Or is it my difference in opinion to yours? Which is held by a few others, such as SpaceCowboy in this thread.

Or is it simply because I joined recently, thus I must be one of them?

As noted (or I would have assumed it to be) from my reply this evening, I have merely given up with this debate. Found that my opinion is not accepted on this matter, and would very much like to go on and continue to enjoy the forums and chat about our team.

I edit a post, and you come to the conclusion I am something other than a bear?

Or is it my difference in opinion to yours? Which is held by a few others, such as SpaceCowboy in this thread.

Or is it simply because I joined recently, thus I must be one of them?

As noted (or I would have assumed it to be) from my reply this evening, I have merely given up with this debate. Found that my opinion is not accepted on this matter, and would very much like to go on and continue to enjoy the forums and chat about our team.

Your a liar.

And what about Uefa,should they also drop sanctions until the criminal investigation is complete? Kicking the victim of a mugging while they are lying on ground is unlawful and this should be the case with Rangers.All sanctions should be dropped for the time being