This apology is a PR disaster

Ricky_

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you with how it's such a disaster, seems more an anti green pro brown comment imo

not from me, i'm very much against Brown and his mental ramblings which seem to belong on FF.

I thought i already explained why it's a PR disaster.

We've been crying out for months for someone to come out and defend the club as media, and every cunt and his dug declares us dual-contract tax-dodging cheats despite the fct we've never been declared guilty of anything. Murray has just played right into their hands, when instead he should be drilling home that we're innocent until proven otherwise.

I think we can expect a lot more shit to eat than this - I reckon this will only be the beginning. Decisions will be made on fiscal consideration and nothing else.

I don't know BD. I think while we are at the mercy of every c--- then Green/Murray are playing it apologetically.

I reckon when it calms down we can then tell them to gtf.

I can only hope thats the case

Flashing along the bottom of the screen in the yellow bar on SSN right now:

"Malcolm Murray apologises unreservedly for distress, disruption & difficulty inflicted on Scottish Football".

I know the finer wording of the statement wasn't as clear cut and points blame to "previous regimes" but fuck me what a stupid thing to do. Think about what how this is going to be played out in the media.

Whats the bet on headlines in the Sun & Record tomorrow being "WE'RE SORRY" 'Rangers finally apologize for cheating'?

We should be fuckin fighting our corner, are even we throwing out the idea of "innocent until proven guilty" with regards to the btc & ebt scheme? Or are we somehow accepting blame for being victims of a fraudulent takeover when the authorites put in place to protect us sat about and let it play out for their own gain?

Well done Malcolm Murray, even though i'm sure you were just trying to douse the flames with regard to the current situation, you've came across as a fuckin apologist and gave the media & the hateful scum in this country another stick to beat us with.

It isn't Malcolm Murray's fault that the media will be selective about what was actually said. He worded the "apology" in such a way that the we as a Club were sorry that our situation has caused the rest of Scottish football such problems. He didn't say Rangers FC caused the problem he clearly aimed the blame at the previous owner(s). I think if we are honest we are all sorry that the fiasco has happened and we are also sorry that it has affected other clubs and businesses. It wouldn't matter what anyone at RFC said, the Scottish media will twist it, as has SSN, apparently. Typical poor journalism.

not from me, i'm very much against Brown and his mental ramblings which seem to belong on FF.

We've been crying out for months for someone to come out and defend the club as media, and every cunt and his dug declares us dual-contract tax-dodging cheats despite the fct we've never been declared guilty of anything. Murray has just played right into their hands, when instead he should be drilling home that we're innocent until proven otherwise.

''us dual-contract tax-dodging cheats despite the fct we've never been declared guilty of anything.''

No Not 'us' That'd be white on the tax dodging .....

No idea about murray as yet but white is as guilty as sin for not paying tax... hence his actions have ultimately led our predicament.

how about not paying £9 Million in PAYE or buying the likes of Lee Wallace, Ortiz, Jelavic and not paying the full amount if anything at all for them.

Yes that was Craig Whyte was responsible but it still counts as Rangers as he was representing us. We haven't said sorry for the dual contract/EBT and yes we should fights any accusations regarding that and we should fucking fight and destroy any attempt to have our titles taken away. Any other newco club would be relegated it's not just Rangers yes there is a bloodlust amoung the diddy clubs right now but in the long run the good of Scottish Football and the good of Rangers are intertwined.

I don't know BD. I think while we are at the mercy of every c--- then Green/Murray are playing it apologetically.

I reckon when it calms down we can then tell them to gtf.

I can only hope thats the case

Fingers crossed mate - we have to do some bridge building thats for sure. never a negative to take the moral high ground. Thats two apologies everyone has had, first Bomber and now MM - what else do they want FFS! :P

I see the fighting fund quiz has come back as over 70% in favour of Div 3 - that should send a message to Green we expect a GTF message to the SPL anyway!!

I doubt very much if any of our enemies - of which there are many - will be persauded by Malcolm Murray's apology, and I don't believe for one moment that it will persaude the hatchet men of the SFA and the SPL, such as Liewell, Regan, Doncaster, Thompson, Petrie et al, that we're all good friends together now.

Does anyone believe that the apology will persaude all of the Rangers hating fans of the Mhanks, Hibs, Dundee Hibernian, St Mirren, Hearts etc. to set aside their naked hatred? Don't think so.

What worries me is that this apology is - reportedly - part of the 6 point 'peace' proposal being put to the various SPL chairmen by Green in advance of the meeting tomorrow, and reported in the Scottish Sun this morning - rag that it is!

This is not part of a healing process, simply part of the humiliation process.

Malcolm Murray says that Ally, the coaching staff and the fans have nothing to apologise for; then why make an apology for the acts of those who are no longer at the club and who have steadfastly refused to apologise themselves.

Why apolgise for a crisis that is just as much the making of the SFA/SPL than Rangers FC. Why apologise for the potential criminal and fraudulent behaviour of individuals that could not be monitored, influenced or controlled.

We have been roundly criticised for not showing any humility, but why would we do so when we are not guilty of any wrong doing. The 'Club' has not demonstrated any 'bad qualities', only the 'individual 'bad apples' who have driven this club to its knees have done that.

However, the deed has now been done, and Malcolm Murray's apology cannot now be retracted. I just hope that it is not part of a covert plan to appease the mandarins at the SFA/SPL or, more importantly, the precursor to sellng our 'soul' for a dirty deal to keep us in the SPL.

I think yes someone will stand up in due course, bigger issues at hand other than how offended some feel about even more airings being put out.

Still it ain't a disaster is it.

how about not paying £9 Million in PAYE or buying the likes of Lee Wallace, Ortiz, Jelavic and not paying the full amount if anything at all for them.

Yes that was Craig Whyte was responsible but it still counts as Rangers as he was representing us. We haven't said sorry for the dual contract/EBT and yes we should fights any accusations regarding that and we should fucking fight and destroy any attempt to have our titles taken away. Any other newco club would be relegated it's not just Rangers yes there is a bloodlust amoung the diddy clubs right now but in the long run the good of Scottish Football and the good of Rangers are intertwined.

And you think it's right that Rangers as a club, as a fans group, or as a new corporate identity should be fuckin apologizing for Whytes actions when he baught the club illegally?

You should have a read at this if you haven't read it: http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=224518&st=0

We should never be apologizing for being victims of criminal activity.

any apology made should have been to Rangers fans and not anyone else. For years we have spent money after money only to feel not wanted by previous owners. Its not Rangers fault that other clubs would struggle without us in the league.

a good post regarding the truth but too many people including the op over reacting. it's a step forward.

And you think it's right that Rangers as a club, as a fans group, or as a new corporate identity should be fuckin apologizing for Whytes actions when he baught the club illegally?

You should have a read at this if you haven't read it: http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=224518&st=0

We should never be apologizing for being victims of criminal activity.

It's just an apology man calm doon. Never done anyone any harm.

Man up ya dafties, more concerned how you are perceive by the filth than the bigger picture.

Sorry I realise Dafty ain't right, should have deleted it really but why hide the way I feel, I couldn't care how I'm perceived

Perfect timing for this statement it won't even make tomorrows back pages after O'Regans fuck up. To the folk saying we shouldn't have apologised, murray n whyte did it, as a club we have to take responsibility for all that happens under our name, yes individuals were the biggest culprits but we assume the responsibility and apologies.