If we go Division 3.... do you think supporters will ditch the club?

I've supported Rangers for a long time now (51 years).

I can't remember a time when the club needed my support more.

I won't walk away.

Like some of the players, there will be fans who say all the right things about being a supporter.

Let them move on and, to those who know them, let their actions not be forgotten.

Nice post.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon a lot of glory hunters will stop going, but equally people like myself, die hard fans who simply cannot afford a season ticket, will relish the chance to pick up a cheap season ticket.

That's the only silver lining in my eyes of going to div 3 an it's being able to afford a season ticket for the first time in my life

sitting here having a drink thinking about the last fifty odd years since i started following gers,and our club has had it's ups and downs in that time from the ibrox disaster to that day in manchester when we showed the world just how big a club we are,and it really annoys me what has happened to our club of late but the infighting between our supporters is perhaps the most worrying.

So walking away is nnot an option,i will celebrate my 61st birthday tomorrow with a heavy heart,but in the knowledge we can come out of this a stronger and more united football club ,because we are the people and don't anyone forget it

A lot of fans we picked up during 9iar maybe. But real fans who where born into rangers families, who went to their first game with their dad. Who in turn will take their kids to their first game you'll never lose those fans.

I'd rather be in the 3rd division if there's sanctions for the SPL , but even if there is sanction for the SPL il still be buying my tickets and supporting our club . Young guys forced into action for rangers battling to fight for our club against all angles need our support and I can't imagine not giving mine because I don't agree with the money men's decisions

As crazy as it sounds this whole saga has enhanced my love for the club. I know there will be some brutal days ahead and cold winters days vs Elgin etc wont be much to look forward to. But to see the club rise through the divisions and reclaim our crown will be an amazing feeling and I think we will feel closer to the players who stay with us through this time and are brought through from the youth ranks.

Rangers till I die....No matter what!!!

I hope not... but somehow I cant see 45,000 turning up every 2nd week to see the likes of Albion Rovers etc.

I know what you mean, it's inevitable that some will see it that way but as far as I'm concerned I'll be turning up to watch The Rangers. So I couldn't care who we're playing.

supported from 1967 through many dark years.

to be truthful got disenchanted when Ibrox went all PC with the gloryhunters out in force killing the atmosphere

look forward to getting back the old Ibrox and all that it should be on a Saturday( SFL games on Saturdays ..) be there 10000 or 30000 bears there...

RTID

Haven't read all the reply's but why not support the team? History could be being made and I along with two new season ticket holders (my son's)who only attend just now when we have a spare ticket due to the expense will be there to cheer the team on, and hopefully be part of this historic rise through every league in Scotland. What would the odds be on winning every league over the next four years? All eyes will be on Rangers to see if this can be done and I would hate to think that I didn't take the chance to be part of it.

sitting here having a drink thinking about the last fifty odd years since i started following gers,and our club has had it's ups and downs in that time from the ibrox disaster to that day in manchester when we showed the world just how big a club we are,and it really annoys me what has happened to our club of late but the infighting between our supporters is perhaps the most worrying.

So walking away is nnot an option,i will celebrate my 61st birthday tomorrow with a heavy heart,but in the knowledge we can come out of this a stronger and more united football club ,because we are the people and don't anyone forget it

We don't have any other option,other than to support our team,I don't go to Ibrox because Motherwell or Aberdeen has a good player,I go to watch Rangers.

Anyway happy birthday for tomorrow.

Haven't read any responses yet....

For me it's pretty simple. Absolutely not. Ditching the club now is a sign of cowardice, of glory hunter mentality. The rebuilding we are about to embark on will be one of the most glorious eras of our proud club's history. Any true supporter will always want to be a part of that -- and quite frankly to be part of anything that is The Rangers. 00000042.gif

Folks that go now will not be missed.

What do we mean by 'ditch'?

I gave up my season ticket for various reasons between 2008-2011, but could never imagine not supporting Rangers. I don't think my commitment to the club could really be questioned, just because I didn't go to every game in that period (especially since we won 3 titles when I wasn't a season ticket holder).

To me, supporting Rangers isn't something I could ever switch off. Sure, my visits to Ibrox could become more infrequent, but I'd still be a fan. My intention is to purchase a season-ticket again (didn't actually get a renewal form like some of my mates did), but it all comes down to finances.

im with this man (tu)

ive not been to ibrox often over the last few yrs.

however i will make extra effort to start going reguarly again, even better if its in the 3rd division.

Certainly don`t want to be in SPL with points deductions and transfer bans,don`t want to be touching my cap to the likes of Morton or Raith Rovers to get into First Div.I wish Green would say Div.3 and you lot can sing for your T.V. money and gate receipts,because real Rangers fans will follow us out your petty league in their tens of thousands.

I gave up my season ticket in 1999, in protest at gettin the home cup ties taken off us. To think I thought that was a problem. I go to about six games a season now with my niece.

I will be buying a family ticket for next season, hopefully for the third division. I reckon there are a lot of guys like me out there who will do the same.

Letting the club down at this time is not an option.