The choice between Div3 & English Conference?

Ricky_

299 members have voted

1. 1. SFL3 or Conference?

• SFL3
    • Conference

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought after the MKDons/Wimbledon Fiasco the FA stepped in and made it illegal to purchase a club to gain entry in to the league. Not sure though i could be talking bollocks as usual.

MKDons are still technically the official Wimbledon, WFC became MKDFC a couple of years after the move to MK which is why AFC Wimbledon couldnt reclaim the name. Though MKDFC ended up giving the FA Cup back to merton for public relations reasons they didnt have to.

BTW it was the board at Wimbledon that wanted the move and many of the same guys remain at MK Dons, they done the dirty on their own clubs fans. An English clubs chairmen and directors would have to agree to move themselves to Glasgow, not us buy a team down their and make them play up here!

I thought after the MKDons/Wimbledon Fiasco the FA stepped in and made it illegal to purchase a club to gain entry in to the league. Not sure though i could be talking bollocks as usual.

yes after that,they made it that you had to be within 60miles of the club you want to merge with,so we cant just buy a club unless we moved from ibrox to england.AFAIK

okay lets pop your balloon then, you said he made a suggestion as documented in the minutes...

He also looked at the possibility of buying Carlisle, but believes we cannot merge with an English club. We would have to start at the bottom of the conference if we were to go to England.

I see no 'suggestion' there

He also says he 'believes' we cannot, thats not actually true...the statement is we cannot

We would have to start at the bottom of the conference if we were to go to England.

this statement suggests very much that this scenario is possible, otherwise, why would he say it? If he didnt think it was a possibility he wouldn't have said "We would have to start at the bottom of the conference if we were to go to England." he would have said "going to England is not possible".

Next time i start a poll i'll pm you first for your approval that you agree with my interpretaion of rather basic, obvious statements.

unbranded-pink-balloons-100-in-pack.jpg

yes after that,they made it that you had to be within 60miles of the club you want to merge with,so we cant just buy a club unless we moved from ibrox to england.AFAIK

:lol: if thats true...its 50.4 miles from Wimbledon to Stadium:MK

at least its not just our FA! doh

:lol: if thats true...its 50.4 miles from Wimbledon to Stadium:MK

at least its not just our FA! doh

I'm only going by the minutes from the vb thread.

:CG was asked if the possibility of playing in England exists and if he made an attempt at buying Bury FC. He responded that he was attracted by Bury and hoped to mention the club along with Rangers. Unfortunately distance was going to be a problem, as after Wimbledon became MK Dons the football league changed its rules to state that any merger between two clubs could only happen if the clubs were within roughly 60 miles of each other.

:CG was asked if the possibility of playing in England exists and if he made an attempt at buying Bury FC. He responded that he was attracted by Bury and hoped to mention the club along with Rangers. Unfortunately distance was going to be a problem, as after Wimbledon became MK Dons the football league changed its rules to state that any merger between two clubs could only happen if the clubs were within roughly 60 miles of each other.

ah i see, well i cant say im upset about that rule, i think its bang out of order and we dont need to be making anymore enemies south of the border, they actualy dont mind us down here. MK Dons are loathed by all for what happened and the old club only moved 50 miles! Cant believe they only changed it to 60 miles as if to say what wimbledon did was ok but no further!

If we ever went to England in this sort of situation we would be playing in the North West Countries league....level 9 and 10 would be where we would be entering. Anyone thinking we would be allowed to enter higher than that is a fantasist.

UEFA dont allow clubs based in one country to play in another countries league just because they fancy it.

Some amount of balloons on here.

every week this pish comes up, as you say UEFA wont allow it.

no doubt there will still be posts after this saying , yeh but we could start in the blue square or other shite.

for the avoidance of doubt ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN !!!!!!!!!!

:anguish:

If we ever went to England in this sort of situation we would be playing in the North West Countries league....level 9 and 10 would be where we would be entering. Anyone thinking we would be allowed to enter higher than that is a fantasist.

Level 9 or 10 would still be better then level 3,2,1 in scotland and by the time we are back in the spl the level and standard would have dropped to the standard of the english level 6 which if we joined level 9 asap we would be up to by then, 3 levels above the level celtic would have to apply to join once they realise they cant sign a player who wants to play at spl level!

I would be ecstatic at getting into English Conference Northern. If we are prepared to go to SFL3 and fight our way back into a corrrupt and bankrupt SPL why wouldnt we want to play in a league that to be honest, is far better than SFL3 and even League2 in England is on a par with SPL these days.

Charles Green is a fantasist? What about the Chairman of the English Football League?

Charles Green has stated they can apply to conference (getting accepted or not is another debate and anyones guess). The EFL chairman stated on SSN that the only thing stopping anyone making application was that other clubs currently hold licences elsewhere. If we didnt hold a licence elsewhere, we'd be free to make application and the decision would be decided upon a vote.

We shouldnt be merging with other clubs anyway, i was dead against the Bury idea and the same goes for any other club, as we are Rangers and either England accepts us as Rangers or they dont and we forget about it imo.

and every week someone states the above ^. Time for a source please. Put up or shut up.

difference is i could waste a few hours, searching UEFA website and show you proof.

you could search forever to see where it says you can, and find fuck all.

and by the way were Scottish, kinda like to keep it that way

difference is i could waste a few hours, searching UEFA website and show you proof.

well thats what i am asking for, so go ahead.

you could search forever to see where it says you can, and find fuck all.

Cardiff, Swansea, Berwick, Gretna. To name a few, there are many more.

and by the way were Scottish, kinda like to keep it that way

ironic from you.

Derry applied to join the reorganised League of Ireland (the league in the Republic of Ireland) in 1985 with the Brandywell as its home. The move required special dispensation from the IFA and FIFA, but eventually Derry was admitted to the league's new First Division for 1985, joining as semi-professionals.

We could legitimately argue we have been unfairly treated by those in our country and seek special dispensation from FIFA.

Also if we are prepared to go div 3 in scotland most our players would have to be semi pro anyways

theres a huge list with every club in the world that plays in another country, some were the country theyve gone too doesnt even speak the same language

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_association_football_clubs_playing_in_the_league_of_another_country

I can understand peoples resentment of this kind of thread as its been touted to death. However...

Is it not the case that UEFA's main objection to Rangers moving south is that there is a viable league in Scotland. I think we can now argue that there isn't a viable league for Rangers in scotland as we're being excluded and in being excluded causing the death of the game and turning the scottish leagues into the level of the welsh ones.

So don't be so down on these threads, the goal posts have moved considerably since UEFA first objected.