As Rfc52 said the other night

Eck_54

Theres a difference between being politically correct and thinking for yourself. I don't associate myself with orange orders or the UVF or sing anything to do with political troubles in ireland because it's nothing to do with me. Nor is 300 years old battles and struggles for religious dominance. I'm not saying people aren't entitled to believe and follow this if they wish, but it has nothing to do with Rangers Football Club and I resent my team being used as a vehicle to peddle historical hatred and bile.

Theres a difference between being politically correct and thinking for yourself. I don't associate myself with orange orders or the UVF or sing anything to do with political troubles in ireland because it's nothing to do with me. Nor is 300 years old battles and struggles for religious dominance. I'm not saying people aren't entitled to believe and follow this if they wish, but it has nothing to do with Rangers Football Club and I resent my team being used as a vehicle to peddle historical hatred and bile.

This is it! Prays on the gullable. Such a shame people buy into it. Rangers had nothing to do with 1690.

How long have you supported Rangers for?

That's an awful long time to resent something surely,you must hate home matches.

Those who "think for themselves" should also stand up, along with the politically correct & self righteous, and tell the singing fans to "shut up, the club doesnt need or want fans like you". See what reaction you get.

Those who "think for themselves" should also stand up, along with the politically correct & self righteous, and tell the singing fans to "shut up, the club doesnt need or want fans like you". See what reaction you get.

Yeah, there's absolutely no way that could go wrong.

How long have you supported Rangers for?

That's an awful long time to resent something surely,you must hate home matches.

I'm 23 and I've been brought up as a Rangers fan all my life. Went with my dad and grandad when I was a wee boy. But I was brought up to support my team and love Rangers. I was not brought up with this warped idea that I could only support Rangers if I was a Protestant, hated Catholics, supported 300 year old battles and bought into these ideologies. These are nothing to do with our team.

I'm 23 and I've been brought up as a Rangers fan all my life. Went with my dad and grandad when I was a wee boy. But I was brought up to support my team and love Rangers. I was not brought up with this warped idea that I could only support Rangers if I was a Protestant, hated Catholics, supported 300 year old battles and bought into these ideologies. These are nothing to do with our team.

Can I ask where you got the impression that this is the case? I've never read that anywhere.

From the signing fans not a good reaction granted. From others I think it would be welcomed.

You can't honestly say that there isnt an element of our support who believes this is what makes you a good Rangers man. God and ulster and all that kind of propaganda.

Na that's absolute rubbish,as I said I'd like to see where this has been peddled.

I respect folks rights not to sing these songs but it's certainly not a two way street when it comes to them respecting our right to sing 'Rangers songs'.

A good Rangers man eats,sleeps and shits Rangers.

Nothing to do with matches attended,how much money you spend in the club shop or how many Loyalist songs you know.

This is it! Prays on the gullable. Such a shame people buy into it. Rangers had nothing to do with 1690.

King billy was a big Rangers fan didn't you know this? He loved supporting Glasgow Range.... Oh wait, Rangers weren't in existence until just under 200 years later. I bet you're popular in here too.

King billy was a big Rangers fan didn't you know this? He loved supporting Glasgow Range.... Oh wait, Rangers weren't in existence until just under 200 years later. I bet you're popular in here too.

On the most part I am. One or 2 haven't taken to kindly to my views. I can live with it.

You can't honestly say that there isnt an element of our support who believes this is what makes you a good Rangers man. God and ulster and all that kind of propaganda.

This thread highlights this. If your not into it some believe you must be a taig!

Na that's absolute rubbish,as I said I'd like to see where this has been peddled.

I respect folks rights not to sing these songs but it's certainly not a two way street when it comes to them respecting our right to sing 'Rangers songs'.

A good Rangers man eats,sleeps and shits Rangers.

Nothing to do with matches attended,how much money you spend in the club shop or how many Loyalist songs you know.

I've had it said to me once before. Because I've never been to an orange walk I must not be a true Rangers man. Granted its usually the ignorant who peddle this and I don't think it's a majority but it's an annoying section of support non the less. I'm in agreement with you. It's nothing to do with Rangers.

I've had it said to me once before. Because I've never been to an orange walk I must not be a true Rangers man. Granted its usually the ignorant who peddle this and I don't think it's a majority but it's an annoying section of support non the less. I'm in agreement with you. It's nothing to do with Rangers.

The songs are and have been for decades and there's nothing anyone can do about that.

If we sang Bob the Builder at matches for the next 30 years that would be classed as a 'Rangers song' as well.

:wanker::craphead:

The anti-taig thing... what DOES it have to do with Rangers Football Club anyway ?

I understand the anti-papery/ papist stance... and how things are as in ARE in Northern Ireland.... but it has nout to do with The Rangers... draw a line under it because all it DOES do is get our football Club into trouble... This Has to STOP !

You may or may not be a taig. But you take self righteousness to a new level with your "holier than thou" attitude towards so called fellow fans.

| have nothing against fellow Rangers fans. I do have something against linking us with things that aren't anything to do with the club or with promoting/defending terrorist acts jack1690