Protestant,Athiest,Muslim,Jew..........

We are all Rangers fans......that should never be forgotten,we all have different backgrounds and love our club for so many different reasons and from many different generations!!!!

We should focus on ONE thing just now and that is the restoration of our club to where it should be.......looking down at the others who are chasing........

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are all Rangers fans......that should never be forgotten,we all have different backgrounds and love our club for so many different reasons and from many different generations!!!!

We should focus on ONE thing just now and that is the restoration of our club to where it should be.......looking down at the others who are chasing........

(tu)

Wee story.......My dads granda was a PROPER old school protestant,stayed in Bridgeton part of the lodge (we still have his over 100 year old sash) and "hated" all things catholic and celtic....my dad was brought up by him and says he celebrated when JFK was killed and on a few occasions he was ready to knock down a wal in house to get to a neighbour pkaying rebel songs.

Anyway he was what would be a proper loyalist but the biggest twist in the mans life......not only did he love the Rangers and his heritage.....he had a love for his wife.....his wife sas an IRISH Catholic...

Wee story.......My dads granda was a PROPER old school protestant,stayed in Bridgeton part of the lodge (we still have his over 100 year old sash) and "hated" all things catholic and celtic....my dad was brought up by him and says he celebrated when JFK was killed and on a few occasions he was ready to knock down a wal in house to get to a neighbour pkaying rebel songs.

Anyway he was what would be a proper loyalist but the biggest twist in the mans life......not only did he love the Rangers and his heritage.....he had a love for his wife.....his wife sas an IRISH Catholic...

So a hypocrit basically?

Celebrating JFK being assassinated :anguish:

Well said (tu)

The point i was trying to make was despite his beliefs his religion etc he still LOVED an Irish Catholic....the JFK oart was more to with the Kennedy family links

So he hated all things catholic but married a catholic?

Bit confused was he not?

When the catholic church & its members stop looking down at me & mine.....when they stop looking at protestants & other religions with contempt & disdain....when they stop being the most hypocritical ideology thats ever existed....when they take responsibility for the "men" acting in their faith being child moletsers....when the vatican stops harbouring these criminals behind its walls & instead hands them over to the authorities....when they apologise for the brutal murders of reformists (protestants) during the 16 & 17th centuries.....when the vatican hands back priceless treasures that were stolen from innocents throughout the middle ages....when the vatican hands back the gold & fine arts they hid for the nazis during WW11, that came from the mouths & homes of jews.....

when the catholics in this country stop being the "oh so persecuted" when the truth is in fact the opposite....when they come round to the fact they are the minority in this country, and dont actually rule it....etc etc etc etc etc........

After all of the above, maybe, just maybe I will give them the time of day. As it will never happen, they can all GO TO HELL

Sounds like a book I read called 'The Bigot'. Was your dads grandad called Andrew?

And not to be pedantic, but athiesm is not a religion.

Thats like saying good health is a disease.

It is a religious position though.

I couldn't quite call myself an atheist because it it ever were proved then you kinda have to believe. Till then leave all the religious crap away from my door please.

Harming kids because of religion is not religion either its fucking sick and they should be hung.

Bring on the football, lets see the Gers back where they belong, shafting the Tims!

Kind of agree with th OP though. But whatever religion we are, the club should embrace. It just so happens 95% of us are protestants.

What you actually mean is 95% of us live de facto atheist lives, but call ourselves protestants so we can engage in petty tribalism with celtic fans who are playing the same game from a cathlic perspective.

Kind of agree with th OP though. But whatever religion we are, the club should embrace. It just so happens 95% of us are protestants.

I'd bet that's not true.

Of all the rangers fans I know,nearly every single one is either an atheist or never been a member of any church in their life.

Celebrated JFK's assassination? Wow. Nice ending though. My ancestors were both Scottish and Irish. Neither of my grandparents told me why they both went to Catholic masses. Same on my other side, which has Dutch protestant intermarried with Italian.

Anyway, we more or less left Catholic vs Protestant behind after his assassination. It was weakening already by intermarriage before that event, and Kennedy's death finished off whatever was left. Most people under 40 probably don't perceive its absence. No one misses it. I doubt you will either when the time comes.

It is a religious position though.

I couldn't quite call myself an atheist because it it ever were proved then you kinda have to believe. Till then leave all the religious crap away from my door please.

Harming kids because of religion is not religion either its fucking sick and they should be hung.

Bring on the football, lets see the Gers back where they belong, shafting the Tims!

It's simply a rejection of religious beleifs.

What you actually mean is 95% of us live de facto atheist lives, but call ourselves protestants so we can engage in petty tribalism with celtic fans who are playing the same game from a cathlic perspective.

I suppose you could say that. I dont go to church every week, probably 4 or 5 times a year. But i was christened a protestant, and the older members of my family were religious.

I often call myself an athiest, as i sometimes question religion. But what i will say is, my grandpa wasnt scared when he was dying, because of what he believed in.

If its true or not, it gives people comfort in times of despair.

I suppose you could say that. I dont go to church every week, probably 4 or 5 times a year. But i was christened a protestant, and the older members of my family were religious.

I often call myself an athiest, as i sometimes question religion. But what i will say is, my grandpa wasnt scared when he was dying, because of what he believed in.

If its true or not, it gives people comfort in times of despair.

It undoubtably does. But is that worth the cost it's came at for centuries?

Did he ever mention who killed JFK?

Was her name McGuire by any chance? :sherlock: