How can the SFA over rule a democratic vote?

By the SFL3 clubs which voted us into SFL3? I don't understand how they have the power to do that. Surely if they wanted to get us into Division 1 or even back in the SPL, they would have done it by now. How they waste the time of the Division 3 clubs by voting on this big decision for Scottish football and then over rule it?

Because there is no legal obligation to follow the rules of a democracy. Kinda like FF really. Doesn't matter what people think. General dingwall is always right. Even when he's wrong.

But then why allow them to vote to allow us into Division 3 then? What a complete waste of everyones time. So what are they saying then? If they rejected us, they would still try and find a way to get us back into the SPL? So they would have had 3 votes and ignore them all? Struggling to see how they can do that as it just seems wrong.

It is basically telling the people of these clubs who voted us into Division 3 to fuck off. <cr>

But then why allow them to vote to allow us into Division 3 then? What a complete waste of everyones time. So what are they saying then? If they rejected us, they would still try and find a way to get us back into the SPL? So they would have had 3 votes and ignore them all? Struggling to see how they can do that as it just seems wrong.

It is basically telling the people of these clubs who voted us into Division 3 to fuck off. <cr>

Because the rules dictate so

The big mistake you've made here is in thinking that the SFA are some kind of rational, sense-making entity

They aren't

They are simply desperate to save their own skin, at the expense of the opinions of all

I think the SFA are the governing body answerable to UEFA and ultimately FIFA.

Surely having an SPL2 would mean that SPL1 would be too large to have 4 head to heads hence no 4 Old Firm games when we get back (unless at that point they change it back to the present set up of course <cr>)

Its all over the national news down here in England that we are playing next season in Div3, and that its done. If a few days later the SFA come out and over rule it, they will look really bad at a time when there is going to be a parliamentary investigation into the whole situ.

I think they can and will try suggesting a re-structure,, but I dont think if the SFL clubs stand firm on this they'll be able to do much about it,,,, without losing ALL credibility, potentially getting taken back through the courts and FIFA definitely stepping in this time!!

Heads will roll,, doncaster and regan's.

If we end up anywhere but Division 3, we MUST boycott ALL away games. Then do the same when we return to the SPL.

We really do hold all the aces on this one.

It remains to be seen just how many of the fans will play them.

I am the dude and i endorse this message.

Fuck em.

Fuck all of em

Its all over the national news down here in England that we are playing next season in Div3, and that its done. If a few days later the SFA come out and over rule it, they will look really bad at a time when there is going to be a parliamentary investigation into the whole situ.

I think they can and will try suggesting a re-structure,, but I dont think if the SFL clubs stand firm on this they'll be able to do much about it,,,, without losing ALL credibility, potentially getting taken back through the courts and FIFA definitely stepping in this time!!

Heads will roll,, doncaster and regan's.

The clubs in SFL3 will make a killing from our away support and bring in huge amounts of revenue from them clubs. They should stand up for themselves if anything fishy is tried. The SFL3 clubs voted and that should be that in my opinion.

How often in the past, following a bizarre SFA ruling, have we been told "The clubs ARE the SFA. The SFA is merely here to implement the decisions of its members."

If the clubs stay strong and continue to vote against any unsatisfactory proposals, they'll get the message eventually. I reckon that there will be a few more attempts before the start of the season to force a vote on amended plans. All in the name of "sporting integrity" of course.

The clubs in SFL3 will make a killing from our away support and bring in huge amounts of revenue from them clubs. They should stand up for themselves if anything fishy is tried. The SFL3 clubs voted and that should be that in my opinion.

not looking for an argument here but the clubs as you say will make a killing on one hand but i think most of that cash will be right back out the door with the extra police and stewards costs so i dont really see them making that much of a profit from us.

not looking for an argument here but the clubs as you say will make a killing on one hand but i think most of that cash will be right back out the door with the extra police and stewards costs so i dont really see them making that much of a profit from us.

Fuck the polis

Oh done it again, this whole saga has given me torrets

Might sue the SFA