Is there a bigger agenda being set?

http://www.<No links to this website>/2012/07/18/revealed-football-chiefs-secret-plan-to-strip-rangers-of-nine-trophies-over-ebt-tax-dodge-86908-23909684/

Can anyone please explain to me how we gained a sporting advantage by not disclosing the EBT's to the SFA/SPL?

The EBT scheme was/is not illegal, we stated the amounts paid in our audited annual accounts, there is no wage cap in the SFA/SPL so what is the fucking issue?

To compare this to match fixing like Juventus and Marseille is disgusting and ts laughable as they want to punish us more than either of the clubs proved of match fixing got!

If these sanctions get passed then Scottish Football is dead and O'Reegan will be correct that civil unrest will kick off - something stinks - it looks like a divide in Scottish life is being created by the use of Football by cretins with grander agenda's.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Because SFA?SPL rules state that you must declare all payments/wages to SPL/SPF, and that they should all be in one contract.

No secondary contracts are allowed, and the allegation is that these payments from EBTs are secondary contracts agreeed with players/agents, as a way of paying them more and avoiding the tax on their wages, i.e. a wages top up.

Because SFA?SPL rules state that you must declare all payments/wages to SPL/SPF, and that they should all be in one contract.

No secondary contracts are allowed, and the allegation is that these payments from EBTs are secondary contracts agreeed with players/agents, as a way of paying them more and avoiding the tax on their wages, i.e. a wages top up.

So where is the sporting advantage. EBT's are not illegal

What your saying is that if we told the SFA we were using the EBT's then it would be ok? So what sporting advantage did we get? There is no wage cap in Scotland to my knowledge so we could pay as much as we wanted.

This is administartive issue that only self important pen pushers care about

The only agenda I can see is that Rangers rivals are wanting our situation to be worse and theirs better. If we play the victim they will get more credibility. We have been punished enough; we now need to ask on what grounds is more punishment justified. We should also compare ourselves to other clubs around Europe and what punishments were given to them. It is essential that we stand away from this situation and begin asking rational questions about our situation.

I think the bigger agenda is Celtic trying to worm a way into the English Leagues...

Although I'm not usually one to buy into conspiracy theories.

This has been my thoughts all along-finish scottish football and then slink down to England saying listen that league is f+++++d can we join yours.

http://www.<No links to this website>/2012/07/18/revealed-football-chiefs-secret-plan-to-strip-rangers-of-nine-trophies-over-ebt-tax-dodge-86908-23909684/

Can anyone please explain to me how we gained a sporting advantage by not disclosing the EBT's to the SFA/SPL?

The EBT scheme was/is not illegal, we stated the amounts paid in our audited annual accounts, there is no wage cap in the SFA/SPL so what is the fucking issue?

To compare this to match fixing like Juventus and Marseille is disgusting and ts laughable as they want to punish us more than either of the clubs proved of match fixing got!

If these sanctions get passed then Scottish Football is dead and O'Reegan will be correct that civil unrest will kick off - something stinks - it looks like a divide in Scottish life is being created by the use of Football by cretins with grander agenda's.

Am I right in thinking that the mhanky mob used EBT 's in 04/05 as well but because they informed the SFA then that's ok ? So the only thing we did wrong was not Inform the SFA if so i can't see what all the fuss for us to be punished by losing titles etc is all about .

The only agenda I can see is that Rangers rivals are wanting our situation to be worse and theirs better. If we play the victim they will get more credibility. We have been punished enough; we now need to ask on what grounds is more punishment justified. We should also compare ourselves to other clubs around Europe and what punishments were given to them. It is essential that we stand away from this situation and begin asking rational questions about our situation.

I agree, if we never adhered to an administrative rule of player registration then someone needs to step back and see how it actually affected the football on the park.

For example if we had stated that we were paying players (at most 20% of their salary) by EBT's to the SFA when putting forward our registrations would it have been accepted? If Yes then what sporting advantage did we get. If No then why would it not be accepted and what reasonable punishment should be handed down.

No sporting advantage. Maybe a breach of the rules. A bit like a golfer who shoots 72 but signs his card for a 73.

I agree, if we never adhered to an administrative rule of player registration then someone needs to step back and see how it actually affected the football on the park.

For example if we had stated that we were paying players (at most 20% of their salary) by EBT's to the SFA when putting forward our registrations would it have been accepted? If Yes then what sporting advantage did we get. If No then why would it not be accepted and what reasonable punishment should be handed down.

The part highlighted is the whole crux of the matter.

No sporting advantage. Maybe a breach of the rules. A bit like a golfer who shoots 72 but signs his card for a 73.

Good point but isnt it stupid that golf has these stupid rules set by the blazers. I mean a players marks a score wrong he is disqualified when they have his whole round on camera and he achieved his result by playing the game on the course he should not lose out because of an administration issue.

The part highlighted is the whole crux of the matter.

But no sporting advantage was gained - surely a fine of some sort should be handed down rather than a sporting one for an administrative error.

Surley the Rangers administrator who balls'ed up should be punished - not the players and fans?

So where is the sporting advantage. EBT's are not illegal

What your saying is that if we told the SFA we were using the EBT's then it would be ok? So what sporting advantage did we get? There is no wage cap in Scotland to my knowledge so we could pay as much as we wanted.

This is administartive issue that only self important pen pushers care about

Don't forget that Celtic used the EBTs as well with Juniniho.

The same punishment must apply, whereby every game he played in is recorded as a 3-0 defeat and trophys / titles wiped off the history books.

I think the bigger agenda is Celtic trying to worm a way into the English Leagues...

Although I'm not usually one to buy into conspiracy theories.

I am with you on that one.I too am very,very careful of conspiracy theories but the more I read about our plight the more I think that what is happening now is just part of a grander scheme to get Bheast FC into England.They started with the plan a couple of years ago with the attacks on Referees followed by the SFA.Regan is just a pawn in the whole exercise who will be well paid when he leaves and we are destroyed.

But no sporting advantage was gained - surely a fine of some sort should be handed down rather than a sporting one for an administrative error.

Surley the Rangers administrator who balls'ed up should be punished - not the players and fans?

I've never been able to understand why the Club never brought a professional negligence claim against the party that advised and/or administered the EBTs.

Think the sporting advantage argument is that the club could attract better players by offering higher wages than it could legitimately afford to pay.

Being able to afford it is not the issue just now as the tax side of things is still to be resolved.

Fact is, if we had told the SFA then it would have been ok - its a simple admin error and in no way gave us a sporting advantage.

As an aside even if we are found guilty of the BTC, then in reality we would be hit with a large tax bill and have to pay it. Companies in the UK go through this all the time, they get assessed for tax and end up paying more in later years.

However since the company owning the club has been liquidated, we would not be able to pay it back. Any sporting advantage at the original time is irrelevant - I have not heard that it was tax evasion. We utilised tax avoidance and may have got it wrong, but this does not mean tax evasion.

Do Man City have a sporting advantage over Swansea? - you just need to beat the teams put in front of you and we did that to legitimately win those trophies.

I am with you on that one.I too am very,very careful of conspiracy theories but the more I read about our plight the more I think that what is happening now is just part of a grander scheme to get Bheast FC into England.They started with the plan a couple of years ago with the attacks on Referees followed by the SFA.Regan is just a pawn in the whole exercise who will be well paid when he leaves and we are destroyed.

Why are the press not going into overdrive with the comments down south not long ago regarding a Scottish club did enquire but the person being interviewed refused to mention who due to the complications it would cause as it needs governing bodies say so. The guy was a league's head body, unsure who but it was sky sports

Why are the press not going into overdrive with the comments down south not long ago regarding a Scottish club did enquire but the person being interviewed refused to mention who due to the complications it would cause as it needs governing bodies say so. The guy was a league's head body, unsure who but it was sky sports

?????