Oh Dear, How Sad, Never Mind.....

Looks like the negotiations with sky ain't going well :lol:

More business ahead for D & P in the SPL methinks.

Looks like the chickens are coming home to roost with the turkeys.

Why is there a delay - why not payment on the original date?

Breakdown of cash - I think Doncaster already knows there's bad news on the horizon - just how bad (for them - fucking hilarious news IMO) we don't know yet.

But that figure is almost certainly going to be negotiated down otherwise payment would be on the original date.

They don't have a product to sell. No Rangers/Celtic games and a league title that will be wrapped up by Christmas.

And if they do reduce the money the title will be wrapped up by October when the likes of Motherwell go into administration and get 30 points deducted.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently the reason for St mirrens crisis is Thompson and Teale both signed 3.5k p/w deals and minus us/the TV money being altered they could be fucked!

Ah well :lol:

Spending money they didn't have? Not living within their means? They should be run out of town, this is a scandal!

As was always going to be the case with the Sky deal.

Sky had 60 live games a season under the current contract. This allowed them to show every away SPL match that the OF played, plus the Edinburgh derbies, a few Rangers and scum home games at the start and end of the season, and a few games thrown in where nobody goes and even less watch it (Motherwell v Aberdeen for example).

If Sky are to stay with the SPL for 12-13, they wont want anything like 60 live games as our 19 away games are no longer available to be shown. I would imagine 30/35 games would do them, and when you take into account that they were paying a big chunk of that for the 4 OF games, you cannot see the existing £13M contract for 12-13 being renewed at anything over £5M.

Welcome to financial Armageddon for the SPL, and all because the Rangers are no longer there to keep them all solvent. We offered to stay and keep them all alive, but their fans were too keen to have a good kick at the big boys.

If I was Dundee I would have refused the promotion, as I find it difficult to believe that the SPL will actually finish their fixtures for 12-13 with 12 clubs.

And now we have the St Johnstone Chairman on SSN saying he can't rule out Administration.

What a shame. :(

Maybe this is a good time to examine the comments of some of St Johnstone's 'fans'

Here we go............................

"Please God, make them (Rangers) go bust, a horrible institution that has blighted football for 140 years"

"I first heard about the A word and Rangers back in 2004, and with the press siting on the story and now only putting it into print, its far to late for them or anybody else to save their precious club, I hope its a slow painful death."

"What time does the bell toll?"

"If Hunco go to div3 £16million will disappear from the game. Where did he get that figure from?? Just think of a big number to scare the plebs"

Well son - the plebs are clearly looking like rabbits in the headlights as we speak

Yep its all their own doing, ffs how stupid is it to base your business plan on the reliance of another football club?

First of all, fuck them, I'm delighted and hope they all fucking suffer. Secondly in their defence the August TV money was contracted TV money they had budgeted for a long time ago as it should have been guaranteed, so not exactly living beyond their means, not WRT this anyway.

What? This idiot does not know the damage yet? What about Financial Metldown etc. that was used to pressure the SFL. What about all of the 'numbers' he produced? And he has the audacity to say "to discover what the commercial damage is"?

Moron comes to mind.

Digging his own grave comes to mind

This is what happens when people running a business let the tail wag the dog, fans having a voice is all very well however key business decisions must be taken with a business mind, these Chairmen who voted Rangers out of the SPL are crazy at best and negligent at worst, they have opened pandoras box and now they must accept the contents, never in my life have I witnessed such carnage brought upon businesses because of bigotted hatred towards another member club, I personally hope the whole lot sinks into oblivion because it is no more than what they deserve and what they knowingly voted for.

It's there fans that threatened to walk away if they voted yes. So either way they where loosing out.