Money raising e-mail

Below is the copy of an e-mail I sent to Green & Murray after the RFFF meeting

Hi Mr Green/Mr Murray,

Firstly can I thank you both for attending last nights meeting and answering the myriad of questions which were fired at you in relation to the current ever changing situation.

I'm in no doubt that many peoples opinions may have swung in your favour as a result of the meeting and that can only be a good thing for the club.

It's understandable that feelings are running high after the mess the previous owner left the club in and whoever took his place (with a few exceptions) was always going to have to win over the trust of a fan base who have been let down badly in recent years.

I'm glad the issue with the deeds has at last been put to bed, however there is still a lingering suspicion amongst some supporters who rightly or wrongly see the armageddon scenario for the club as being the sale of Ibrox, and to a lesser extent Auchenhowie, to property developers.

Whilst there has been absolutely no indication from anybody to my knowledge that this would ever be the case may I propose a scheme whereby those fears can be allayed whilst raising a substantial sum of capital for the club at the same time.

As you walk around the stadium you can see bricks which fans have purchased over the years for themselves, their children and their grand children. This scheme has been very succesful and has in the past raised good money for the club with the purchasers having a keepsake for life in the form of an engraved brick and a certificate to go with it.

What would be your opinion of doing the same thing with the pitch?

Sell the playing surface off to supporters and reward them with a certificate to say they owned a small piece of the hallowed Ibrox turf.

The actual ownership of the pitch would then pass into the hands of supporters, co-ordinated and administered by a repuatable fans group such as the RFFF which would ensure that the stadium could never be used for anything other than football in years to come regardless of who owns the club.

This would allay the fears of the fans and bring the current board a great deal of credit and trust as to their intentions going forward.

In addition it would bring a much needed ingress of capital in to the club in avery short space of time.

It is clear that a large section of the support are waiting to see what Division we are likely to be playing in before renewing their season tickets and clearly the ticket prices must reflect the level we are playing at.

However many fans will have ring fenced their renewal money at what they paid last season, mostly around the £500 mark.

Should we end up in Division 3 I cannot see the justification for a season ticket being much more than £200 however if you were to sell off parts of the pitch to fans at say £100/£200 each you would easily raise several million pounds at a stroke and the pitch would be owned by the fans thereby preserving the future of the club as a Football Club.

I'm sure, if marketed correctly, fans from all over the world would love to 'purchase' a small piece of the Ibrox pitch for themselves, their children and their grand children.

I cannot see any down side of this scheme and the benefits to yourselves and the fans would be as follows

1. Ingress of substantial capital in to the club.

2. The level of trust between the fans and yourself enhanced considerably.

3. The fans get a sense of 'ownership' which has been sadly lacking in recent years.

3. The pitch is preserved for playing football on for the next generations of fans.

I am led to believe a similar situation exists at Chelsea FC.

I hope you can take the time to consider this proposal in your busy schedule and I wish you luck in the coming days and weeks in your negotiations with the SFA and the SFL.

Regards,

Swally

Now i've had a bit of time to look at the figures here's the possibilities.

Ibrox pitch is 115 x 78 yards which equals 345 feet x 234 feet which means the area covered 80,730 square feet.

If you were to sell a square foot at £100 to fans this would harvest £8,073,000

At £200 per square foot you would bring in £16,146,000

The pitch would then be owned by the fans and this could be administered by a consortium of fans thereby ensuring that it could never be sold.

Every investor would get a certificate similar to the ones they get with the bricks.

I would certainly buy a few square feet for all my family, kids, grandkids etc.

I'm sure with our worldwide fan base we could sell these off with little difficulty, especially if the season ticket price is reduced by £200 this year.

Anybody got any views on this?

btw - I haven't had an answer from them.

ps - hope my feckin sums are right.

Hi Mr Green/Mr Murray,

Firstly can I thank you both for attending last nights meeting and answering the myriad of questions which were fired at you in relation to the current ever changing situation.

I'm in no doubt that many peoples opinions may have swung in your favour as a result of the meeting and that can only be a good thing for the club.

It's understandable that feelings are running high after the mess the previous owner left the club in and whoever took his place (with a few exceptions) was always going to have to win over the trust of a fan base who have been let down badly in recent years.

I'm glad the issue with the deeds has at last been put to bed, however there is still a lingering suspicion amongst some supporters who rightly or wrongly see the armageddon scenario for the club as being the sale of Ibrox, and to a lesser extent Auchenhowie, to property developers.

Whilst there has been absolutely no indication from anybody to my knowledge that this would ever be the case may I propose a scheme whereby those fears can be allayed whilst raising a substantial sum of capital for the club at the same time.

As you walk around the stadium you can see bricks which fans have purchased over the years for themselves, their children and their grand children. This scheme has been very succesful and has in the past raised good money for the club with the purchasers having a keepsake for life in the form of an engraved brick and a certificate to go with it.

Sell the playing surface off to supporters and reward them with a certificate to say they owned a small piece of the hallowed Ibrox turf.

The actual ownership of the pitch would then pass into the hands of supporters, co-ordinated and administered by a repuatable fans group such as the RFFF which would ensure that the stadium could never be used for anything other than football in years to come regardless of who owns the club.

This would allay the fears of the fans and bring the current board a great deal of credit and trust as to their intentions going forward.

In addition it would bring a much needed ingress of capital in to the club in avery short space of time.

It is clear that a large section of the support are waiting to see what Division we are likely to be playing in before renewing their season tickets and clearly the ticket prices must reflect the level we are playing at.

However many fans will have ring fenced their renewal money at what they paid last season, mostly around the £500 mark.

Should we end up in Division 3 I cannot see the justification for a season ticket being much more than £200 however if you were to sell off parts of the pitch to fans at say £100/£200 each you would easily raise several million pounds at a stroke and the pitch would be owned by the fans thereby preserving the future of the club as a Football Club.

I'm sure, if marketed correctly, fans from all over the world would love to 'purchase' a small piece of the Ibrox pitch for themselves, their children and their grand children.

I cannot see any down side of this scheme and the benefits to yourselves and the fans would be as follows

3. The fans get a sense of 'ownership' which has been sadly lacking in recent years.

3. The pitch is preserved for playing football on for the next generations of fans.

I hope you can take the time to consider this proposal in your busy schedule and I wish you luck in the coming days and weeks in your negotiations with the SFA and the SFL.

Regards,

Swally

Ibrox pitch is 115 x 78 yards which equals 345 feet x 234 feet which means the area covered 80,730 square feet.

The pitch would then be owned by the fans and this could be administered by a consortium of fans thereby ensuring that it could never be sold.

Every investor would get a certificate similar to the ones they get with the bricks.

I'm sure with our worldwide fan base we could sell these off with little difficulty, especially if the season ticket price is reduced by £200 this year.

Just tell me where and when to send the money!

Excellent idea +rep

00000042.gifGreat idea. I think I owe my brother one of these after I bought him a share in the club last December!sad.gif

How long ago did you send the e-mail?

The day after the meeting - I had an automatic 'out of office' reply from Green but nothing from MM.

I've asked Andy Kerr to raise it with them.

Great shout, we could do this every year as I'm sure the pitch gets dug up every year but how would that then deal with two owners for the same part, would we care?

And the shout about the penalty spots etc is bang on, would raise ten times as much as a normal piece (tu)

Great idea akin to Chelsea Pitch owners. :praise:

I think it would work very well if presented properly worldwide.

Just as a thought does anyone know how many bricks we have sold around the ground as this would be a good gauge of numbers to work out a realistic size for each plot if you like.

Think people would be more open to this idea all the same as it safeguards the pitch for ever more.

I have three bricks,dad, son and myself but would be majorly keen on a slice of the pitch as well.

Great work Swally

Hi Mr Green/Mr Murray,

Regards,

Swally

Exellent idea. As a previous poster commented there can be premium rates for certain areas. Pen spots centre spots corners. Personally i would pay for the spot where Souness nailed that boy from Steu Bucharest :clap:

I know someone who knows Brian Stockbridge so I might do it in letter form and get it handed to him.

That would be a good idea.

Ahmed said that he will be looking at ways of raising capital so I'm sure he would be very interested in this.

Any way of contacting him?

Hi Mr Green/Mr Murray,

Regards,

Swally

A never realised Swally wiz yer real name..................................................:rolleyes: