Gary Teale

#WATP

What, so sign them and as soon as we're back in the SPL just let them go? I don't agree with that.

Life's tough, if they're good enough they'll get a renewed contract. But people like Teale, who would be 37, rightfully wouldn't.

This all hypothetical anyway, just a rumour about Teale for the time being.

What, so sign them and as soon as we're back in the SPL just let them go? I don't agree with that.

I knew my post sounded harsher than i meant it to. Of course not. Anyone who's willing to come and play for our club in our time of need will be forever remembered as a hero in my book. However, i was just being realistic about the level some of these players will be at in a few years.

Like big Jig he's a player who has worked his way up the leagues with Wigan so he will have a good bit of experience of playing in a physical league.

If he doesn't want massive wages he would be a great 1st to 3rd division player for us.

• 2 weeks later...

Thankfully looks like he has ruled out a move.

"I have no idea where those rumours came from. I found out when I came into training and the boys asked why I was still at the club,"

"I am happy at St Mirren. Long may it continue.

"It is about progression. We want to go forward another step but we don't want to look too far ahead. If we can have a good foundation then hopefully we will sustain it.

"Then the club grows as a whole. We just want to be better than last season."

Phew.