Rumour. License granted tonight.

So we are happy that the transfer embargo is September? That means that we cannot get new players for Division 2 until January 2014.

I'll believe it when I see it - I heard this on here last night too!

I read on a thread somewhere that since 31st August 2013 falls on a Saturday then the summer transfer window 2013 would not close until Monday 2nd September.

There must be a loophole here that we can exploit if that is the case. Gives Ally six weeks this year to get some new bodies in. And next summer he just needs to get his act together during the window to be in a position to rush any registrations through on the Monday.

Just means we cannot do business in the January 2013 window and I can't see that being critical on two counts. 1. No much money in any case and 2 at this point we are only trying to get out of Div 3.

Now I don't know 100% if this timing is accurate, mibbee somebody could confirm or otherwise.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How can anyone say Charles Green needs to tell them to stick it up their arse? Do you not want to go watch 11 guys kick a ball about Ibrox every other Saturday for the next season?

If it starts on 1st September, it's a helluva lot better than it is if it starts tomorrow. At least we'll have a squad, fixtures, and a fucking club.

24 hours with no more bad news? I can't remember the last time that happened. I wish they would just give us the fucking licence and then tell us the worst that is likely to happen, so we can deal with it and move on.

Also can someone please explain the logic of fan on the above forum - and on this and other forums too, saying they won't renew their season tickets in response to Rangers accepting sanctions? I must be dim, but I really just don't understand it (except I've noticed that a lot of fans seem to be quite easily led lol). Are they just morons or something? What do they hope to achieve? Do they not understand that not renewing their tickets will condemn Rangers to history? How can you say "I'm not buying a season ticket", and then in the same sentence shout "WATP!" ? These aren't rhetorical questions BTW. I'm really struggling to understand how their minds are working?

How can you say you don't want anyone else to do anything that will hurt this club, - and then say if they do, then you will do everything in your power to hurt the club too?

Have these guys taken the wrong kind of drugs or something? Or are they really, genuinely just that dumb? (Again not a rhetorical question.)

How can anyone say Charles Green needs to tell them to stick it up their arse? Do you not want to go watch 11 guys kick a ball about Ibrox every other Saturday for the next season?

If it starts on 1st September, it's a helluva lot better than it is if it starts tomorrow. At least we'll have a squad, fixtures, and a fucking club.

Totally agree bud!....good post!

Just went on FF for the first time in months, thread posted that our license has been granted tonight.

"Don't shoot the messenger but I'm being told from a decent source (I'll happily pm to admin) that our licence has been granted tonight.

Have also been told that there will be a one year transfer embargo beginning September 1st."

Anyone else heard anything at all?

repped this one to make up for mistake :)

I'm alright with this, I think.

It's ridiculous that it's come to having to accept an illegal punishment, but the alternatives could be far worse unfortunately and that's how I feel I should look at it.

I'm sure Ally will have done all the planning required to get a blend of experience and youth in this window so as to avoid any problems with players leaving next year.