Who should we go for

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha and big Stevie Kerrigan! The janny at my school wiz the captain Scott Murdock

You must have went to the same school as me. Edinbarnet primary by any chance?

My mum used to clean up there too, Said Murdock was a big lazy shite! :lol:

I think i'm probably a bit older than you right enough, wasn't the janny when i was there, but used to see him about since we played football up at the school a lot of the time.

Fuck, thats going back a bit! I'm sure it was James Grady that big Amo said something like, "He's a Celtic fan. A CRAZY Celtic fan"

Wee Nacho has 2 years in him. 2 years to get 50 odd goals so he can get his Gers tally to a tonne. Get yerself signed Nacho!

Would have fitted in perfectly at Clydebank then :anguish:

Heard someone say the other day that this is the 2nd most catholic town in Scotland :mecha-anguish::drugang:

What's the budget?

Rangers on a good CL year would have taken in up to £60M, without a good European run, perhaps £35Mish. Now in the depths of SFL3? I guess perhaps £20M? You could buy any player in Scotland outside the usual Old Firm scenario with that - the question is would they come.

I think Rangers should stash the cash in preparation for SPL football again. The problem is that if the Sky/SPL debacle does pan out to be bad for those clubs, we could be back in the SPL for 2013-2014 but unable to sign anyone until Jan 2014?

I think they need sign up a few up to £5000 per week players, that is a wage bill of about £2.5M for 10 decent players which is 13% of revenues - a lot better than the 40+% we were shelling out on player wages in the SPL.

So sign up 10 good SPL level players and let them see us through to the top flight again. It's basically a balance between ensuring a hassle free rise up the leagues but also preparing the war chest on the top flight return.

In that light, a few game changers like Rudi Skacel is not unreasonable - if Ally can persuade them.

You must have went to the same school as me. Edinbarnet primary by any chance?

My mum used to clean up there too, Said Murdock was a big lazy shite! :lol:

I think i'm probably a bit older than you right enough, wasn't the janny when i was there, but used to see him about since we played football up at the school a lot of the time.

A wiz at golden hill he wiz there covering for about 6 months then he got a permenant position at edinbarnet! He used to let us in for training when I played with goldenhill how old r u??

A wiz at golden hill he wiz there covering for about 6 months then he got a permenant position at edinbarnet! He used to let us in for training when I played with goldenhill how old r u??

I'm 30. Born and bred in Faifley (sadly!) Went to Edinbarnet, then onto Braidfield High!

Heard someone say the other day that this is the 2nd most catholic town in Scotland :mecha-anguish::drugang:

Surely second to Coatbridge then? I work there, fuck me, full of them there. Their tops are green and grey hoops cause they are trampy, unwashed bastards.

Aye? Fucking hell, I stay in OK and it's not that bad down here. Surely it's nowhere near Dumbarton?

What's the budget?

Rangers on a good CL year would have taken in up to £60M, without a good European run, perhaps £35Mish. Now in the depths of SFL3? I guess perhaps £20M? You could buy any player in Scotland outside the usual Old Firm scenario with that - the question is would they come.

I think Rangers should stash the cash in preparation for SPL football again. The problem is that if the Sky/SPL debacle does pan out to be bad for those clubs, we could be back in the SPL for 2013-2014 but unable to sign anyone until Jan 2014?

I think they need sign up a few up to £5000 per week players, that is a wage bill of about £2.5M for 10 decent players which is 13% of revenues - a lot better than the 40+% we were shelling out on player wages in the SPL.

So sign up 10 good SPL level players and let them see us through to the top flight again. It's basically a balance between ensuring a hassle free rise up the leagues but also preparing the war chest on the top flight return.

In that light, a few game changers like Rudi Skacel is not unreasonable - if Ally can persuade them.

signing 10 players on 5k a week would be madness we're playing part-timers ffs most players earning less than £100 a week and you want players on 500x that <cr>

IMO major changes to the squad aren't required to win div3/2 if we can add 3 or 4 experienced players to what we have and promote the most promising youngsters to bulk out the squad we will romp div3 and 2.

Would much rather hold money back till we get to div1 when rebuilding will really atart as we prepare foe re entry to the SPL.

I would like to add Ian Black,Craig Beattie,Jordan McMillan and re-sign Andy Little if we do that we will be fine,add them to Alexander,Wallace,McCulloch,Broadfoot and Bedoya and we have more than enough to get us to div1 at least.

Alexander

McMillan Perry Broadfoot Wallace

Little Hutton Black Bedoya

McCulloch Beattie

subs

Gallacher

Hegarty

Cole

Mitchell

McLeod

McKay

McAusland

+whtever talented youngsters we have

anyone who doesn't think that squad is not good enough to get us to div1 at least is <cr> ,infact I reckon that team would be better than most SPL sides.

I think we should concentrate on getting good up and coming young players, let's build for the future. Does anyone know if the transfer embargo includes loan players as we could strike deals with English clubs to breed some of there young guns?

If we're looking to loan youth players from england, I'd say david moyes owes us a few favours

signing 10 players on 5k a week would be madness we're playing part-timers ffs most players earning less than £100 a week and you want players on 500x that <cr>

IMO major changes to the squad aren't required to win div3/2 if we can add 3 or 4 experienced players to what we have and promote the most promising youngsters to bulk out the squad we will romp div3 and 2.

Would much rather hold money back till we get to div1 when rebuilding will really atart as we prepare foe re entry to the SPL.

anyone who doesn't think that squad is not good enough to get us to div1 at least is <cr> ,infact I reckon that team would be better than most SPL sides.

Perhaps not 10 players and £5K per week was an upper limit in my book but I think Rangers should err on the side of caution here. If Rangers get parachuted back into the SPL season after next, we could get caught short with this transfer embargo still in force Summer 2013!

If Rangers underestimate the task, there is no comeback after Sept 1st for a year.