Stop crying into your monitors over Brown!

papaguy51

I must admit, slightly taken aback by this reaction about Brown.

A decent player, but if he was that good someone else would have came in and SECURED him.

Tic fans must be laughing at us with this reaction. You need to remember, overspending on players is what put us in this shit in the 1st place.

There's a chance one of Scott Brown/Paul Hartley will be wasted in Neil Lennon's role, because Nakamura and McGeady are undroppable, which would mean a player wasted IMO.

If Celtic continue to pay double a players worth just because we show an interest in them so be it, they'll soon end up like we were a couple of years ago.

A decent player, but if he was that good someone else would have came in and SECURED him.

Tic fans must be laughing at us with this reaction. You need to remember, overspending on players is what put us in this shit in the 1st place.

There's a chance one of Scott Brown/Paul Hartley will be wasted in Neil Lennon's role, because Nakamura and McGeady are undroppable, which would mean a player wasted IMO.

If Celtic continue to pay double a players worth just because we show an interest in them so be it, they'll soon end up like we were a couple of years ago.

Your points are mainly falling on deaf ears mate, some people don't look at the bigger picture and only think about the here and now!

The bigger picture is that Septic are consistently outspending us ... that's the bigger picture.

Like we did to them a decade ago!

Its swings and roundabouts mate, fro all the money that they are spending we have proved in the second half of the season that we are not as afr behind them as some people like to make out!

Like we did to them a decade ago!

Its swings and roundabouts mate, fro all the money that they are spending we have proved in the second half of the season that we are not as afr behind them as some people like to make out!

Of course it's swings and roundabouts but it's not the Rangers way to take it lying down. That's 2 years without a trophy now and we're still shopping in the bargain basement and it's just not good enough. Ferguson, Thomson and Brown should have been our midfield for next season, and it would have been if Murray hadn't lost his nerve :angry:.

The bigger picture is that Septic are consistently outspending us ... that's the bigger picture.

It's all about spending wisely and to waste 4.5 million on a one dimensional player - who wasn't even sought by decent teams in England, sums up his competency level.

Teams can spend all they want, however, Hibs are the real winners in this 4.5 million for that !!! unproven and unskilful and rather injury prone with an uneven temprament. No loss.

If as reported there signing him for 4.5 mill then they've wasted 3.5 Mill IMO. He's decent at best and I'm surprised at the furore surrounding him!

The net cost of Brown is £12million over the 4 years of the contract, including the transfer fee.

That's nothing short of madness.

I'm unmoved by us losing him. I think he's a probably a good player, and his performance in Italy impressed me, but he's been mediocre many times too.

He's gone, and let's now move on.

If as reported there signing him for 4.5 mill then they've wasted 3.5 Mill IMO. He's decent at best and I'm surprised at the furore surrounding him!

Most RFC fans would have been delighted to have signed Brown...even if overpriced at 4.5million.

Your worth what people are prepared to pay for you.... in this case 4.5 million.

Trouble is... who do we sign ? We are extremely limited it would appear.. as to who we can realistically bid for. Worrying times ahead.

B)-->

QUOTE(Ted I B @ May 15 2007, 07:22 PM)
You will when you watch the manks next year, be sure of that.

I couldn't care who they have next year TBH. I never have and never will

I'm unmoved by us losing him. I think he's a probably a good player, and his performance in Italy impressed me, but he's been mediocre many times too.

He's gone, and let's now move on.

I agree totally. :pipeguy:

We are a laughing stock

We have no ambition

We have a Chairman who wants to sell the Club

Our main signing is a 31 year old bosman

Anyone who says that Brown wouldnt improve or squad (Including yourself) is lying. Anyone who thinks Walter has better transfer targets (Including yourself) is deluded and anyone who thinks Celtic wont walk the league next season (Including yourself) is dreaming.

We are a laughing stock

We have no ambition

We have a Chairman who wants to sell the Club

Our main signing is a 31 year old bosman

Anyone who says that Brown wouldnt improve or squad (Including yourself) is lying. Anyone who thinks Walter has better transfer targets (Including yourself) is deluded and anyone who thinks Celtic wont walk the league next season (Including yourself) is dreaming.

Much \z it pains me to agree with this kind of negative post, I have to say I think this is absolutely correct. It's been many, many years since we had a Scotish player who I believe could be the equal of Rino Gattuso, but Scott Brown is such a player (IMMHO). If SDM wasnt willing to fork out £4.5M for SB but was willing previously to spend this sum of money and more on much, MUCH worse (unproven in Scotland) players, then this truly reflects badly on how SDM views our financial position and the ability of WS to persuade him that such a risk on a player of this magnitude is worth taking.

The only reason I can see us backing away from SB however, is that (Sir) Robbie Fowler will soon be on his way. :king:

Then the bheggars can fill their team with scott "judas" browns - nothing will stop us getting our 52nd and thus preventing them getting their paltry 42nd. Tramps.

You need to remember, overspending on players is what put us in this shit in the 1st place.

Exactly. Some people can't see further than 2ft infront of themselves (thefish). If we spend crazy money it'll help in the short term, but in a few years time we'll be back to where we were under Mcleish and where we are now.

We finished 2nd in the league and did well in the UEFA under PLG. Next season we will have a better team than we have now, EVEN IF WE BUY NOBODY AS OF RIGHT NOW. We should qualify for the CL group stages, and sort out results against diddy teams like Kilmarnock and St Mirren then we'll be fine.

Much \z it pains me to agree with this kind of negative post, I have to say I think this is absolutely correct. It's been many, many years since we had a Scotish player who I believe could be the equal of Rino Gattuso, but Scott Brown is such a player (IMMHO). If SDM wasnt willing to fork out £4.5M for SB but was willing previously to spend this sum of money and more on much, MUCH worse (unproven in Scotland) players, then this truly reflects badly on how SDM views our financial position and the ability of WS to persuade him that such a risk on a player of this magnitude is worth taking.

The only reason I can see us backing away from SB however, is that (Sir) Robbie Fowler will soon be on his way. :king:

Then the bheggars can fill their team with scott "judas" browns - nothing will stop us getting our 52nd and thus preventing them getting their paltry 42nd. Tramps.

Do you really believe signing a 32 years olf Fowler who has done next to nothing for 3 or 4 years a major coup? I certainly don't. He's a proven goalscorer or should I say was, but we already have one of them.