Malcolm Murray and Charles Green react

RANGERS chairman Malcolm Murray and Chief Executive Charles Green have today given their reaction to the club being granted SFA membership.

Malcolm Murray, Chairman of The Rangers Football Club, said, "The Club has finally been granted SFA membership which means we can now move forward and focus on the future.

"This is a new beginning for Rangers and its supporters. We have a difficult but exciting journey ahead and we want fans to enjoy watching their team play again at Ibrox and on our travels.

"The Club and supporters have the chance to make new friends throughout our journey and at all times we will strive to maintain the highest possible standards for this great institution.

"Rangers fans around the world have been tremendous in their support for the Club over the last six months - through what has been an horrendous period in our history.

"We still have outstanding issues with the SPL but we will challenge them at every turn.

"Supporters have been badly bruised by recent events but Rangers has survived and I believe the fans will now rally behind the Manager and Club and stay with us through this rebuilding process.

"The football landscape is changing, not just here in Scotland but across Europe. With the exception of a few, clubs cannot run with huge debt burdens and there will undoubtedly be many more casualties in the coming years. Rangers was a casualty but now we are debt-free and can rebuild.

"As a lifelong Rangers fan, I am relieved that we are finally at the point where we can move forward and focus on football again. Our journey back to the top is only achievable with the support of our loyal fanbase and we will rise again with their help.

"Starting again in Division 3 is what our fans wanted and I look forward to seeing them back at Ibrox for our first game against East Fife and at many matches throughout the season."

"This is still Rangers and the next chapter of our history has the potential to be one of the greatest stories in the history of sport. The Rangers revival begins now and I, for one, am looking forward to the journey."

Charles Green, Chief Executive of The Rangers Football Club, said: "We have signed an agreement today that allows Rangers to be granted membership by the SFA.

"In reaching the agreement, the Board has had to take some very difficult decisions to gain SFA membership, including accepting the delayed transfer ban and paying outstanding financial penalties, but we are now able to get back to playing football and plan for the new season.

"The agreement enables the Club to move forward but there remains an outstanding issue with the SPL regarding EBTs. As we have proved in the last couple of months, we will stand up to any challenges that face Rangers and will continue to fight for the Club's best interests.

"We owe that to all the fans who have supported Rangers through the most tumultuous period in the Club's history.

"This is the point where our task of rebuilding the Club from Division 3 starts. We have a long road ahead and clearly the transfer ban makes our job even harder but every one of us involved in taking the Club forward is committed to the task and we will not falter in our commitment.

"There will undoubtedly be difficult times ahead but we have a consortium of investors who are in this for the long haul and are excited about being part of the journey to rebuild this great Club.

"It is my job, and that of the board, to ensure Rangers emerges stronger and financially fitter and I am confident we can achieve this.

"As the Chairman said, this is a new beginning for the Club. Supporters and everyone connected to Rangers have the chance to be part of something special over the next few years."

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/football-news/article/2863160

"This is still Rangers and the next chapter of our history has the potential to be one of the greatest stories in the history of sport. The Rangers revival begins now and I, for one, am looking forward to the journey."

This man knows his stuff (tu)

The SFL should breakaway and form another association that works for its members not like the spl who staged a witch hunt. They've got tv deals,some extra money coming in,they'll never be in a stronger position to breakaway. Time the spl was ripped up and binned. imo.

Thru my lifetime ever since I started following the Gers I must say this board seem to be the most honest n only board to actualy pull there finger out when needed also stands up for our rights as a football club most sell up n fuck off for someone else to clean up

So glad to hear this, this last 6 months has been so hard on us, but when those players walk on the pitch on Sunday the fans will feel a huge weight being lifted from their shoulders and will not have felt prouder to be a Rangers fan.

I get the feeling, now that the licence has been granted, that the gloves are off and we are going to see the type of board we have always wanted to see. One that takes no shit off any cunt. Papes beware. We are fucken back with a vengeance.

we must get the best legal team ever assembled to fight the spl/sfa septic and the rest donald findlay here at home and yes di stef to continue to fight the rangers shareholders battle .

its pay back time!!!

they cannot be allowed to touch our titles

there is no way these cunts will ever defeat the mighty glasgow rangers