Ally needs to learn

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

before anyone starts i fully expect to get pelters for this and im not trying to be negative but we could see ( or i could anyway ) that before the whole mess we got into that last season ally wasnt doing great as manager , it was his first season and fair enough he needed time to learn and be his own man but then we got into the whole mess and this was forgotten about and rightly so

but from then to todays game nothing seems to have changed .

we started off whith a certain style of play and throughout the 90 minutes it hasnt worked yet there has been no change

we dont have many options on the bench but we do have a couple and some of the players were getting knackered around 70 minutes and no subs were made

and there has been no real urgency at all

whether its the first game or not this hasnt been good enough

i love ally for what he has done for us and fully expect himto guide us back to the SPL but he really needs to improve in quite a few areas IMO

agree, but we've not had much chance to prepare.

Too early to say if Ally has learned from last seasons tactical naivety or not. We are playing against part timers with international players in our team so I expect much better than least seasons awful performances (pre-admin). Lets see after 10 games or so.

We are weak upfront but I feel that over the past few years we have struggled against lower league teams because we slow the game down and use tactics that play to the strengths of these teams by the one dimension high ball into the box. We scored when we were getting behind their defence with passing and the use of width.

Even with the lack of decent strikers we should take these teams apart with passing and movement and use superior technical ability rather than the lump and hope tactics that we seem to resort to so often.

Cant believe the abuse the OP is getting for this.

The point he is making is that tactically we were poor yesterday and YES there are valid reasons for this.

At the end of the day we still had a team out there, that when fit should have buried what is essentially a village team in the first half.

Now if 10 - 15 games into the season we are still huffing and puffing struggling to beat these teams then yes, serious questions must be asked of Ally's ability purely on a football basis. These questions were asked last season before admin and rightly so.

If we keep hold of what players we hava and get the players we are linked with then we should be strong enough for most SPL teams nevermind part time borderline junior teams.

Ally should know that by keeping the ball on the deck and passing round these teams we will destroy them, they wont know how to handle it. If we play long balls in towards big Hamish McFlafferty all day then they will cope most of the time.

Personally I don't think it will happen and super will have the luxury of really getting the best of our squad and having us playing a brand of football that will light up the division.

I'm looking forward to getting revenge against some of the dross in the SPL and who knows maybe even winning a cup, we can only dream. Can you imagine the atmosphere against Hibs, DU or the sheep at Ibrox compared to last season? :gerbad:

well i'm just happy we had a game to play this week (which we won by the way)let's leave all the tactical and subs nonsense for another day.

Ally is our leader and we should all be behind him all the way back to the top.

I am one moaning bastard when it comes to our team and coaches but even I will concede that we need a good few games before we can give criticism.Just glad to get back to the football yesterday and get the job done

They did well to get their win especially with all the 'will we won't we get licenece debacle, 1st game nerves as you could imagine the mhedia if we got beat they'd have paddy bonners this morning !

I think yesterday was a wee taster for what every team will bring against Rangers this season but we should be used to that because every teams always wants tae beat us. If i was Ally i'd be looking at couple of cluggers to compete in that midfield. These teams have seasoned journey men who know they're divisions inside out and will try and use that to get in about any ball playing youths we have. They looked a bit light yesterday but that'll be down to being schooled in playing football. Would it be a daft idea for Coisty to recruit a div 1 manager as a no.2 or assistant. Somebody who's worked their way up and knows pitches , conditions, players.

Well done anyway boys. Now Elvis's turn to get a doing !

I agree with the OP. I don't think over Coisty has shown that he is a great football manager, certainly NOT YET anyway. But, I don't believe anyone else could do what he has done for the club since this fiasco started.

He has A LOT to learn, no doubt.

The OP is almost blasphemy. Without Alistair there probably wouldn't have been 11 players on the pitch and no game or tactics to moan about. As for needing to learn tactics, what do you think he was doing stood next to Walter Smith on the sideline all that time? The standard of football has declined with the quality of player at the club, the squad of 2008 has all but dissapeared and its a good job we have one of the best youth systems in the world. I have complete faith in Ally :uk:

My tuppence worth, why are repeat posters, Aye yous ;) still harking on about the style last season whilst STILL failing to acknowledge the clusterfuk we were in off field.

Very reminiscent of pre-season friendlies or early-round League Cup ties of previous years. Yes, we've looked sloppy at times, but most of our opponents are playing the biggest match of their careers. Getting a couple of hours of competitive football, particularly for the likes of Black, will do us no harm at all. Tactically, we may look a bit inflexible, but our play will improve as we get sharper and some of the kids grow in confidence. Also, the width of the pitch at Ibrox will be a big advantage this season - there's barely 10 yards between the touchline and the box at Glebe Park.

This (tu)

Anyone that could critisise, After what we have been through should get aff the "glue"

The OP really needs a reality check, we won against a team a whole division above us craphead2.gif

Seriously anyone expecting everything to jel after what the club has gone through in the last few months is not thinking properly, the OP should have realised he made a bit of a mistake with that thread, but continued to make it worse with his comments afterwards,

I think he should have taken a deep breath, thought about how good it is that we are back playing again and counted his blessing that at the end of the day, we did win the game.