Are we attending Clyde away?

Posso Blue

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we put this to bed once and for all? We have absolutely no idea which club (if any) voted against us.

The vote was 29 for RFC to join the SFL but the missing vote was possibly an abstention due to conflict of interest as it were. Three clubs stood to gain promotion by our inclusion in the lower league. If we assume Dundee didn't vote because they were basically guaranteed promotion to the SPL then that only left 29 clubs to vote. In effect, Dundee were basically an SPL club not an SFL club. The media and others just assumed that because 29 clubs voted us in that 1 club must have voted us out.

As for Clyde, they are a community owned club. Reading their statement issued prior to the vote, I think they voted for us.

Why punish the fans because the owners are idiots. Is that not what happened to the Gers. I can understand boycotting the SPL but all the 3rd Division teams have loyal fans that have no doubt seen owners come and go and faced money issues all their existence. I would hate to think that me being biased toward a few assholes or a board of assholes cost a kid or club the chance to play a few seasons without worrying if they can put petrol in the bus.

If a whole community voted no to the Gers then f em.

Why punish the fans because the owners are idiots. Is that not what happened to the Gers. I can understand boycotting the SPL but all the 3rd Division teams have loyal fans that have no doubt seen owners come and go and faced money issues all their existence. I would hate to think that me being biased toward a few assholes or a board of assholes cost a kid or club the chance to play a few seasons without worrying if they can put petrol in the bus.

If a whole community voted no to the Gers then f em.

This is from Clyde FC statement July 13. It is still on their web site.

"It would not be for the good of the game to compound the problems of a club by refusing entry to the SFL for Rangers Football Club. We will therefore take that leap of faith and vote in favour of Resolution 1 despite not a single word of reasoning having been provided to support the Resolution."

They voted for RFC into the SFL.

This is from Clyde FC statement July 13. It is still on their web site.

"It would not be for the good of the game to compound the problems of a club by refusing entry to the SFL for Rangers Football Club. We will therefore take that leap of faith and vote in favour of Resolution 1 despite not a single word of reasoning having been provided to support the Resolution."

They voted for RFC into the SFL.

Spot on sir.

My thoughts are 1 out of the 30 SFL didn't vote at all, so nobody voted No...

I won't be there as they don't deserve my money.

I hope others are like minded, but I doubt it.

This would be our 1st opportunity to show all clubs what we are capable of as a support.

If I'm being honest, we'll be back in the top league next season, and the supporters will return to filling the away teams' stands. Then when one of these diddy teams say something they don't like, they'll go on the internet girning aboot it, then buy a ticket for that very club when we next play them.

Hope your wrong mate but i intend to agree with you.