Barrie McKay

Gaz92

This is a concern for me. Poster after poster rejects the possibility of signing experienced players stating that they'd prefer Ally to use younger players. Then 30 minutes in to their debut, many of our fans are already slagging off these callow youth players. One poster above, Goat, who regularly lashed out at Gregg Wylde, observed that he thought McKay's 1st half display was awful. What hope can there be for young players with that kind of impatience?

Spot on (tu) we cant expect every young lad to be like Messi every game, these guys have just stepped into the team and will need time, from what i heard on radio Mckay and Mcleod did themselves proud last night but im sure they will have their bad games too and we must be patient with them.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It is far too early to say who is more raw than the other. They need games. They need our patience and full support. 20 games before we even have an inkling of what we have with some of these kids.

They will get no criticism from me. They just need to work hard, train well and listen to experienced pro's like Jig, Boca and Lee Wallace.

I can't wait to see them develop.

Gazza said a couple of months ago, that Rangers need a revolution of new young talent to step up like years ago with Man Utd with Giggs, Scholes, Neville etc who stayed for years.

Barrie and Lewis could be the start of the generation to stay in the team for years to come. What Allys doing though is spot on. Give the kids an hour, then sub them so they don't burn out or get injured which is more likely later in the game.

I think some of you are getting ahead of yourselves. Last Saturday he done nothing to impress, last night he was pretty poor the first half, second half he played a lot better in spells. Let's give him a few weeks and see what he's like.

I think some of you are getting ahead of yourselves. Last Saturday he done nothing to impress, last night he was pretty poor the first half, second half he played a lot better in spells. Let's give him a few weeks and see what he's like.

No lets give them time to develop without pressure and if we haven't got anything positive / constructive to say, we shut the fuck up. (tu)

I would say we have had quite a few young kids come in and look better than our signings. Bedoya, Ortiz etc.

A good blend of youth and experience is whats needed now. 17 or 18 years old. If they look good enough get them in!

Absolutely! Stick by them, is what I'm saying!!

The boy is 17 and was involved in all 4 goals, the way he slipped the ball through for the 4th was top notch. Precision and the correct weight on the pass. What more do you want from a guy who can even go into the bookies?

The boy is 17 and was involved in all 4 goals, the way he slipped the ball through for the 4th was top notch. Precision and the correct weight on the pass. What more do you want from a guy who can even go into the bookies?

A few weeks to get himself used to playing first team football perhaps?

No lets give them time to develop without pressure and if we haven't got anything positive / constructive to say, we shut the fuck up. (tu)

I don't care if your 17 or 37, if you have a poor game, I'll tell you you're having a poor game.

Problem is, I'm unclear as to whether you can distinguish between a good performance and a bad performance

Are you telling me he had good performances in the two games he played so far this season? He played well the second half last night, lets just leave at that before jumping the gun and claiming he's going to be some sort of superstar.

A few weeks to get himself used to playing first team football perhaps?

Just be patiant then. It will come. When was the last time you seen a 17yr old play that well at Ibrox for us?

Given his age, I thought he was outstanding. Please dont be harsh on him, our support has been too harsh on players breaking through to the first game, if he has a stinker, dont diss him. Encourage him. Mind, with the boys age, there is a very good chance he will come on here and read these comments. The last thing a boy his age needs is to read this stuff and start to doubt himself. He's our player. Give him at least 20 games before you start to judge him. We have a potential star here, by the time we get back to the spl, if he progresses the way he should, he will be a top class player. Look how good Little is looking, without much competative football. 3 years in the lower divisions will stand him in good stead for when we get there. I dont want to see too much praise either, last thing we need is another Danny Wilson, Ness of McCabe.

Are you telling me he had good performances in the two games he played so far this season? He played well the second half last night, lets just leave at that before jumping the gun and claiming he's going to be some sort of superstar.

Where did I say he was a superstar? I merely expressed a wish that people like you laid off criticising the kids. There is NO need for it.

Hats off to the youngster last night, I think this one has a big future.

I wouldn't say he had the most lively game, but you can just tell he's had the right upbringing in terms of how to play the game. From his touch, the way he controls the ball and passes it, he's got a mature footballing brain for a player of his age. If it's 3 years in the lower division, where he can continue to hone his game, I think he'll be a cracking player.

That's if one of those big bad SPL clubs don't come and steal him off of us. :sherlock:

Spot on. A run in the first team will step his game up and show us his real potential.

Just be patiant then. It will come. When was the last time you seen a 17yr old play that well at Ibrox for us?

Given his age, I thought he was outstanding. Please dont be harsh on him, our support has been too harsh on players breaking through to the first game, if he has a stinker, dont diss him. Encourage him. Mind, with the boys age, there is a very good chance he will come on here and read these comments. The last thing a boy his age needs is to read this stuff and start to doubt himself. He's our player. Give him at least 20 games before you start to judge him. We have a potential star here, by the time we get back to the spl, if he progresses the way he should, he will be a top class player. Look how good Little is looking, without much competative football. 3 years in the lower divisions will stand him in good stead for when we get there. I dont want to see too much praise either, last thing we need is another Danny Wilson, Ness of McCabe.

I'm not giving him abuse, I'm telling you all to stop getting ahead of yourselves.

I'm not giving him abuse, I'm telling you all to stop getting ahead of yourselves.

You said he was awful. I know thats not technically abuse, but its enough to knock a young boys confidence. We all know wingers thrive on confidence, so please dont say anything that could knock that confidence. Constructive critisisim is welcome, but calling him awful isn't. That could harm the boys head.